Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

For ahsoka's blades if it does turn out to be blue (could be a screwup. They did get vaders legs wrong and forget to photoshop out the stands.) I will buying some of these to cut down and use.

Yes.

I liked that uncle owen. (not that luke face)

Hey wait, I just realized

first official out-of-the-box image WITHOUT the grey stands? :tongue: Someone remembered!

The set is as I expected, no really desirable characters besides Ahsoka. Sato is a nice addition, but I guess he's not popular enough to be a main selling point.

Also, sorry to digress for a second here, but why is everyone so obsessed with dual-molding lately? I mean yeah, it looks good, but TLG uses it a handful of times and all of a sudden every figure is supposed to have it? I guess every figure could have dual-molding, but would you really be happy with the prices of sets? I mean, I'm getting really tired of hearing "This should have been dual-molded," and "That should have been dual-molded,". This is becoming the same issue as everyone expecting arm and leg printing on everything. So can we please stop saying everything should be dual-molded? -END RANT-

Dual molding and arm and leg printing should become standards. Now that their technology has evolved, it looks odd to get this level of detail on some minifigures but not others who could clearly use it.

I doubt it would increase the prices of sets by that much, but it would be worth the extra money to get a more accurate minifigure.

After all the speculation this set was going to be underwelming I find I quite like this ship. Lego has done a great job at scaling down the capital ships into affordable scales over the years and this one is a welcome addition. Looking forward to seeing what the interior is like.

Ahsoka looks great and Sato is a welcome addition, but including yet another Ezra and Kallus really hightlights just how limited the minifigure selection for the Rebels sets is. Hopefully 2017 can add some more fresh faces to the line so it doesn't feel so repeadative.

Can't say I care much for this. The ship is ok I guess but I only collect Imperial stuff so not of much interest to me but the minifig selection is a bit baffling. Sato and Ashoka are fine and maybe one repeat figure ala Chopper/Ezra might be ok (two is stretching it), but what on earth is Kallus doing there, especially with his combat helmet on? Seventh Sister would have made the set much more desirable and would at least have made a bit of sense given how often she crosses sabers with Ashoka, but otherwise I would have liked to see a generic rebel or two rather than a nonsensical token Imperial.

Can't say I care much for this. The ship is ok I guess but I only collect Imperial stuff so not of much interest to me but the minifig selection is a bit baffling. Sato and Ashoka are fine and maybe one repeat figure ala Chopper/Ezra might be ok (two is stretching it), but what on earth is Kallus doing there, especially with his combat helmet on? Seventh Sister would have made the set much more desirable and would at least have made a bit of sense given how often she crosses sabers with Ashoka, but otherwise I would have liked to see a generic rebel or two rather than a nonsensical token Imperial.

Personaly i like the repeats. I missed out on them during a mini dark age.

I like the look of the ship, the minifigure selection is OK, but putting Kallus in instead of the 7th sister makes no sense. We already got Kallus with the Gozanti, which is the natural display partner for this ship. And we now have 3 Rebels sets with Kallus, 3 with Ezra, 3 with Sabine, 3 with Kanan, but only 1 with Zeb (and 2 with Hera if you include the Ghost microfighter)? Another Chopper is a welcome inclusion though.

Do we know what store this is an exclusive set for in the US? TRU? Target? Just so I know where I need to go when I'm in the US - it'll be lots more money in the UK and more still here in Hong Kong.

I like the look of the ship, the minifigure selection is OK, but putting Kallus in instead of the 7th sister makes no sense. We already got Kallus with the Gozanti, which is the natural display partner for this ship. And we now have 3 Rebels sets with Kallus, 3 with Ezra, 3 with Sabine, 3 with Kanan, but only 1 with Zeb (and 2 with Hera if you include the Ghost microfighter)? Another Chopper is a welcome inclusion though.

Do we know what store this is an exclusive set for in the US? TRU? Target? Just so I know where I need to go when I'm in the US - it'll be lots more money in the UK and more still here in Hong Kong.

Well, Kallus instead of the Seventh Sister does make sense when you remember that the Seventh Sister would require a new mold, and they weren't even able to do that for Ahsoka.

Personally I'm fine with Kallus, since I don't have his helmet yet. I just would have liked to see a rebel crew-member or two (but again, they would need new molds).

Trans blades look pretty cool.

They do look cool! They still don't really achieve the glowing white effect, but at least it would work out better than the blue blades. :thumbup: Depending on what price Ahsoka is on the aftermarket, I may get her and switch out the blades like this.

I prefer to buy lego in shops. I don't like shopping online at all.

I'd say Shop@Home is totally worth it dude, if you really don't want to miss out on the set if it doesn't come out in Smyths. I used to always buy LEGO in Smyths too, but Shop@Home has a great selection, the VIP system, and freebies every month that can be awesome (polybags for example that you can't get in Ireland otherwise). If you bought this Ahsoka set there, you'd get free shipping too because it would be past the 55 euro threshold. :classic:

Actually does make sense as both Kallis and Fifth Brother are in the episodes that feature Rebel command ship and the Clone's Walker respectively

Edited by Fightingswords

The light not being white isn't right, that's a mouthful. :wink:

Honestly though, it appears that the only reason the sabers have a lighter tint on the box, is because of the photoshopping effect they added on to her figure. Which of course indicates to the buyer that she's a brand new figure.

I don't think its a photoshop effect as all the other colours on new 'highlighted' characters appear accurate to the actual minifigs. I suspect they were trans/opaque white in the original design but the final product ended up with blue lightsabers because some bean counter decided it was cheaper and thought kids wouldn't notice. Its a pretty fundamental flaw really, especially given the popularity of Ahsoka and the significance of her white lightsabers. The 'accurate' representation on the box just makes it all the more frustrating! Gripes aside, I'm looking forward to seeing this set.

I like the ship; it's something different and unique and it looks like it's got space for a decent interior. The lack of the Seventh Sister is disappointing though, because now our chances of ever getting her have dropped by a lot. :cry_sad:

Ahsoka did need a new mould, but I don't mind the Shaak Ti headpiece. I'm just disappointed that they're making her eyes entirely blue... (why can't LEGO ever give Ahsoka plain minifigure eyes?)

I like the ship; it's something different and unique and it looks like it's got space for a decent interior. The lack of the Seventh Sister is disappointing though, because now our chances of ever getting her have dropped by a lot. :cry_sad:

Ahsoka did need a new mould, but I don't mind the Shaak Ti headpiece. I'm just disappointed that they're making her eyes entirely blue... (why can't LEGO ever give Ahsoka plain minifigure eyes?)

You never know, I gave up hope of getting a Phoenix Home set a long time ago. We could get a set next year with the Seventh Sister in it (Malachor's temple would certainly make a worthy set). Edited by TheNerdyOne_

Wasn't the grand inquisitor's ship released after he died?

Wasn't the grand inquisitor's ship released after he died?

I think it came out right before, but your point still stands. I guess we are just getting Rex's AT-TE now. My main fear is that LEGO won't think the Seventh Sister will be popular enough to put in a set 6 months from now.

True, but if they DID do Malachor, the advantages would be they could include Seventh Sister and Maul, but to get those characters, I would assume it would be a $150/180 set, and have they ever done a location set that size?

True, but if they DID do Malachor, the advantages would be they could include Seventh Sister and Maul, but to get those characters, I would assume it would be a $150/180 set, and have they ever done a location set that size?

Jabba's Palace, Ewok ViIlage, Echo Base. I could also easily see it being $60-$80 (it doesn't have to include the entire temple, after all), and we've had plenty of location sets that size too.

Trust the box art. They won't be dark blue. If the can do this with the action figure, the can do it with the LEGO figure.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00SD8IRA6

I think at best this is what we would get-almost clear with a slight blueish tinge to them-which is till better than the regular blue.

Jabba's Palace, Ewok ViIlage, Echo Base. I could also easily see it being $60-$80 (it doesn't have to include the entire temple, after all), and we've had plenty of location sets that size too.

Man, I forgot all those and I own all of them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (although the Ewok Village is UCS). I don't necessarily mean the set would have to be that big, I think the issue would be it would have to be an expensive set to include Seventh Sister and Maul.

The ship design itself isn't bad, but the colours aren't attractive for me.

Ahsoka looks okay, but the lightsabres should be white. Why introduce a new blue colour that's wrong? Weird, hopefully it was just a mistake for the photos. If not, I hope the darker blue becomes more common because it fits the cartoon series' better.

Sato is fine, not great, but a tick in that box. Chopper? Hasn't been around for a bit so that's okay. Ezra again? Would be alright if the skin colour was fixed or the scars included but that isn't the case so that's a cross in that box. Kallus? Huh? Big big bad cross in that box, should've been a yet unmade inquisitor (everyone is saying 7th Sister, and why not) if it wasn't going to be just a generic rebel or mook.

Over all, I am undecided on this set. We're yet to see the interior and confirmation on the blades. And the price. But I have a feeling that I may just BL the 2 new minifigs. If the set looks better in "real" I may just go for it, but with a bad taste over 2 of the minifigs.

I think it's a pretty good set overall, with the exception of two things. Why is Kallus in this set? I could be wrong but I don't recall he and Ahsoka ever being in a scene together. The 7th sister would have been a great addition here and really helped make the set special. Also not as big of a deal, but they should have given Ahsoka the white lightsabers. That will bother die hard fans.

I imagine she'll command a decent price on bricklink.

Edited by Schneeds

I think it's a pretty good set overall, with the exception of two things. Why is Kallus in this set? I could be wrong but I don't recall he and Ahsoka ever being in a scene together. The 7th sister would have been a great addition here and really helped make the set special. Also not as big of a deal, but they should have given Ahsoka the white lightsabers. That will bother die hard fans.

I imagine she'll command a decent price on bricklink.

Other than a new mold for the Seventh Sister, I can't think of any reason for putting Kallus in this set. Even then, I'm sure they could have figured out something else to put in there.

Edited by Kman860