Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Something I noticed about Sabine's new minifig: her arms and her torso don't match. The torso's base colour is grey (plus coloured armour plates) and her arms are black.

Fifth Brother and Dengar are definitly on my Bricklink list: both new Lego Starwars adventure ships are looking mighty bad.

Assault on Hoth could be very interesting for people who skipped on previous Hoth sets, if it was not from the fact that this retails at 250 freacking US bucks. This definitly looks like a 180$-200$ set.

Vader's Tie and A-Wing are really nice looking, but it's a shame that they still did not get right Sabine's tan skin.

Overall I'm a bit dissapointed :sceptic:

...I still think the Resistance X-Wing needs to be white. It looks terrible and rather inaccurate in light gray. Guess I'll have to mod it or something.

It seems as though TLG has a problem determining the correct colors to use. The Luggabeast is another example, as others have said.

Other than that, I'm surprisingly excited for the Eclipse Fighter. Seems to be a cheap way of getting Dengar, which is a fig I've always wanted.

Can't say I'm too excited about The Freemaker Adventures as a whole, though.

I've been holding off buying the black X wing in the hope of them releasing the more generic one. Not sure on the colours though. Poe looks great and seems to have his alternate helmet too which is a bonus.

Vader's torso is definitely different from the one in last years Death Star Duel set. Looks more Rebels style to me. Not sure I like it though. Sabine looks great, and her outfit is accurate to season 2 of Rebels. Tarkin looks better then last one we've gotten, but his outfit should be grey instead of sand colored.

who is that dark side user next to Dengar?

I'm sick of these yoda chronicles/Lego licensed Star Wars sets, for goodness sake Lego if you're running out of ideas give us some old legends canon sets, like knights of the old Republic or admiral thrawn sets!!!

Vader's torso is definitely different from the one in last years Death Star Duel set. Looks more Rebels style to me. Not sure I like it though. Sabine looks great, and her outfit is accurate to season 2 of Rebels. Tarkin looks better then last one we've gotten, but his outfit should be grey instead of sand colored.

I am trying to tell if Vader's helmet is the same as the one in the Death Star Duel set, or just the normal one. I am holding out hope that it's the new headpiece...

Also what's up with the weird looking faces on Captain Rex, and Commander Wolfee, especially the latter...He looks funkeeeeyy :grin::devil:

Edited by madroskylo77

The Encounter on Jakku set at $60 is far better than the previous reported prices, but it's just ugly. I really wanted that set to be good, but I don't like how it turned out at all. The Luggabeast looks terrible, and eats up the piece count.

The white wookiee in the Advent Calendar looks great, but I wish he didn't have red and green printing on his strap. Almost ruins it for me, but it's subtle enough that I think I can manage. It's the Christmas themed minifigures that usually ruin the Advent Calendars for me.

I like some of the minifigures in other sets, like Lor San Tekka, and whoever Naare is, but I don't think I'll be buying these underwhelming sets. BrickLink will have to do.

any hope they're gonna show another UCS? a real one this time maybe? :hmpf_bad:

has it ever happened they showed 2 ucs sets in the same fair?

I've been holding off buying the black X wing in the hope of them releasing the more generic one. Not sure on the colours though. Poe looks great and seems to have his alternate helmet too which is a bonus.

I think it looks pretty good. The only parts that look wrong or at least very weird (besides the black wheel thing on the top and the blue rubber bands instead of LBG or white ones) are the curved slope pieces around the engines with the blue stickers on it.

Lego should have brick built the blue stripe behind the dark bluish gray one.

At least that would be a fairly small and simple modification so the Resistance X-Wing is still the most interesting for me.

Besides that the TIE Advanced vs A-Wing is interesting, but I just dont know. It just doesnt feel new and interesting, the design and the colours of the A-Wing are pretty nice but the amount of stickers is horrendous...

Lego really should have taken the opportunity of making a generic blue xwing and put different characters in it, like two xwing pilots from the final battle and their astromechs. We would then at least be granted a slightly different build as the xwing would have to accomodate regular astromechs. Plus I am dying to build my xwing squadron. Ill use Poe's blue helmet to make another generic, but Nien Numb, Jess Pava or the other squadron leader (never made clear in the movie who was red leader and who was blue leader) would have been nice. Ill have to mod this new xwing.

The Luggabeast looks terrible, and eats up the piece count.

I wonder what the piece count of the luggabeast is, really, because on the close up pics it appears that a large molded figure makes up most of the beast with regular pieces for the armor. I like the addition of the scaled-down entryway to the outpost, as I had not seen that before.

I like the addition of the scaled-down entryway to the outpost, as I had not seen that before.

Are you sure that's the entryway? It looks nothing like it. Also, I noticed the set is missing the printed sheet piece that's supposed to go over the technic knobs.

The eclipse fighter looks pretty cool, I'm leaping for the chance of an affordable dengar, the ship looks unique yet well designed and I'm intruiged by the female sith figure. I don't like the builder nor figures for the other freemaker set though so that's an easy miss for me.

Judging by previous exclusive releases looks like we'll have to wait another five months to see the Rebels Ahsoka set.

CbGMGkFWEAEDmhf.jpg

Maybe many have already noticed this but what is a battle droid doing in this set?

Was it in the movie because I totally missed it if it was the case.

Also what's with he inclusion of these battle droids in these new sets?

Are they really necessary?

I am trying to tell if Vader's helmet is the same as the one in the Death Star Duel set, or just the normal one. I am holding out hope that it's the new headpiece...

Also what's up with the weird looking faces on Captain Rex, and Commander Wolfee, especially the latter...He looks funkeeeeyy :grin::devil:

I'm pretty sure it's new version of Vaders helmet, torso and lack of leg printing are bugging me though it took Lego 14 years to make Vader with both great torso and leg printing and now they threw it out of the door.

...I still think the Resistance X-Wing needs to be white. It looks terrible and rather inaccurate in light gray. Guess I'll have to mod it or something.

It seems as though TLG has a problem determining the correct colors to use. The Luggabeast is another example, as others have said.

X-Wings aren't white though. The original trilogy ones weren't and from all I've seen the TFA ones aren't either - they are very much light gray. In fact, I'm really happy that this one isn't white - all X-Wings released since the very first one were and I always thought it looked wrong. As someone who is also not too keen on the orange/black look of Poe's X-Wing, this one looks absolutely perfect - good value too with Lor, the flame trooper and the little build.

I'm pretty sure it's new version of Vaders helmet, torso and lack of leg printing are bugging me though it took Lego 14 years to make Vader with both great torso and leg printing and now they threw it out of the door.

Well not entirely... In ANH and Rebels Vader wears his inner cape over his shoulders covering the sides of his chest plate. So this new variant is meant to reflect that.

Edited by Tariq j