Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Again these are prelims, thats why they look so dull and lacking in features/details, the final models will be much more attractive.

Yes, but the spring loaded shooters are clearly visible on the X-Wing, the two unknown ships, and Vader's TIE.

The more I look at the new ships, the more I start to dislike them. Sure, we've only seen prelims and they could be great sets, but IMO they just don't look like Star Wars ships.

The black one looks like a weird space Batwing.

The Hammerhead looks something out of a cheap mobile sci-fi game.

Nothing wrong with introducing new designs (great examples: The Ghost, Kylo's shuttle, Rey's speeder), but for now I'm not exited at all.

Not that I know of.

No OT sets this summer is a real let down for me. But it's understandable as most kids probably like Rebels and TFA better than the OT.

Edited by bountybossk

Aww, was hoping the Turbo Tank would improve on the wheel assembly, it's not very accurate.

Reissues are starting to get a bit lazy. As we saw with the Falcon, it's a bit too easy to take the last version, add in the new firing bricks and reissue the set again...

Aww, was hoping the Turbo Tank would improve on the wheel assembly, it's not very accurate.

Reissues are starting to get a bit lazy. As we saw with the Falcon, it's a bit too easy to take the last version, add in the new firing bricks and reissue the set again...

Well it seems random at times but mostly their Remakes are getting more lazy. Same thing with the "new" Homing Spider Droid...

Are we sure that Vader is in the TIE set? It looks like they are wearing a hood, so it could be one of the inquisitors.

Don't count on it. EU is dead for Disney.

Saddly that was a fatality of one of disneys profit spree's. Though they were mercyful with jacen solo remaking him into ben solo\kylo ren

Are we sure that Vader is in the TIE set? It looks like they are wearing a hood, so it could be one of the inquisitors.

Vader's TIE Advanced without Vader? I wouldn't be too stunned to be honest considering how lazy LEGO is becoming these days.

Here's some more of the summer sets!

https://thecantina.s...ummer-set.8578/

Ha, as I said before: 442 pieces is something "general"...(-;

Ok this is disappointing. The "new" CTT just looks like the old ones.... Where is the improvement? Especially the front of the upper body is still as inaccurate as before (in my opinion)...

Seeing those prelim pictures, the Resistance X-Wing looks most interesting now.

Unfortunately, this one looks smaller. With a piece count (if it is correct) of ONLY 898 parts.... The Clone Wars one did have nearly 300 parts more..

Vader's TIE Advanced without Vader? I wouldn't be too stunned to be honest considering how lazy LEGO is becoming these days.

Even if it were a hood, it's probably just a placeholder. These are preliminary/internal "confidential" images. They're not going to be the final boxes. Calm down, lol.

Edited by Dhivael

I wonder if this means that there will no be a new "Anakin's Podracer" Set? As it did have the rumoured 75145 number, which now has the black/red thing...

Ha, as I said before: 442 pieces is something "general"...(-;

Unfortunately, this one looks smaller. With a piece count (if it is correct) of ONLY 898 parts.... The Clone Wars one did have nearly 300 parts more..

From what we know the price will be 130 Dollar, I highly doubt that the final piece count will be so low for that price, EVEN for Lego SW Standards.

@Slurpifier

One the preliminary picture its clearly a standard 41st Elite Trooper (with the Scouttrooper Helmet) that controlling the AT-RT, and I dont think they give us a unique figure with a unique helmet mold just for the secondary miniature build of a big set.

But we´ll see.

Can someone show me an image of Captin Rex's AT-TE from the show?

Edited by Legoman123

A ship that looks like "the hammerhead" can be seen in the episode preview of the new rebels episode. Princess Leia can also be seen.

Wow really? That seems almost too reasonable, given the way things have been priced out recently. Consider that we paid more than that for just the First Order TIE Fighter.

This seems like a much better looking Hammerhead than the one on the prelim image... Seems unlikely, but is it possible the one on the LEGO image is a placeholder?

5JVsBIk.png

This seems like a much better looking Hammerhead than the one on the prelim image... Seems unlikely, but is it possible the one on the LEGO image is a placeholder?

Those are completely different ships. It's like saying a prelim for a Star Destroyer will end up being the Millennium Falcon.

Edited by ghostmind

Those are completely different ships. It's like saying a prelim for a Star Destroyer will end up being the Millennium Falcon.

Except for the fact that both ships have a very distinctive "hammerhead" front and one of those ships is totally unknown to the SW universe while the other one is introduced a big Disney animation series.

Regarding Preliminary Picture of Resistance X-Wing, I was waiting for a couple resistance pilots, like Ello Asty and Jess Pava.

Well a different set something like X-Wing on D'Qar Base with crew and pilots.

The fig that looks like Dengar... Is definitely not the same in the set image.... Could it be Dengar in an alternate outfit? I would be fine with that. The other character is probably a stripper, seeing as the set name is XXX.