Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The rant about who's the greater victim is platinum - those posts should be blogged.

Buying it = endorsing it. Seems like a simple choice, no?

It's very petty. As I said, it's ridiculous in any country. I'm sorry it's cheaper in the U.S. but that doesn't mean it's cheap...some of you need to get over yourselves and stop acting like your problems are so much greater than others. It's not like we have any say in how much we are charged. I honestly can't believe adults on this site are getting offended because some of us have to pay less than them, even when that "less" is still a lot when some of us work minimum wage. That's all I'm going to say on this.

Yep! Although they aren't going to put his name on the polybag due to potential spoilers.

I highly doubt he'll be a promo fig. He's been described as "massive" and "tall", so he may require a new mold/big fig type deal.

Edited by Ultron

"I highly doubt he'll be a promo fig. He's been described as "massive" and "tall", so he may require a new mold/big fig type deal."

*Imagining incredible hulk size fig in air tight ziplock baggie :P *

Supposedly he's around 7 ft from an article published a couple weeks ago. Not too out of the question when Chewie is a normal fig.

Edited by joebiwankenobi

You can blame lego all you want, but my money is on disney calling the shots on pricing. They're literally pricing it based off the figures in it.

Ok, the set with the two main characters that sell in $100 + be sold in a $40 set? Wait, no. That's not right. Hold on a minute. Let me cross out the 4 put a 6. There we go. That's more like it. Profit! $$$!

So which two characters are rare? Finn and Maz Kanata? Which sets are they in (before Battle on Takodana)?

The rant about who's the greater victim is platinum - those posts should be blogged.

Buying it = endorsing it. Seems like a simple choice, no?

I'm not sure what you are getting at, I just thought the rant was funny. I'm not having a go at Americans paying less, frankly my wallet doesn't care what anyone pays but me.

If I think the price is too high, I don't pay it.

Every 6 months when the sets are released, people complain at the prices, then people complain at the complainers. Rinse. Repeat.

Wait, $60? Are we seeing another price spike in Star Wars or just TFA Star Wars? I don't think this is across the board because other 2016 lines seem to be priced well.

My money (no pun intended :P) is on general price hike, all the small sets (obi's interceptor etc..) are €35 in europe, while their predecessors were €30

Previous Rebels and TFA sets were already ridiculous enough to stop me from buying anything at MSRP, this pretty much means ill only buy SW Lego (beyond Microfighters and BPs) at at least 10-20% discount, the license is being squeezed waaaay too much.

Just look at City/Ninjago/Technic for what cool smallish sets should cost, then explain to me why a downgraded Jedi interceptor warrants €35

My money (no pun intended :P) is on general price hike, all the small sets (obi's interceptor etc..) are €35 in europe, while their predecessors were €30

Previous Rebels and TFA sets were already ridiculous enough to stop me from buying anything at MSRP, this pretty much means ill only buy SW Lego (beyond Microfighters and BPs) at at least 10-20% discount, the license is being squeezed waaaay too much.

Just look at City/Ninjago/Technic for what cool smallish sets should cost, then explain to me why a downgraded Jedi interceptor warrants €35

I agree, prices are getting way too high in Europe. I always wait for the discount periods to buy my sets at at least 20% off. It means i can't get them when they come out, but at least i don't feel ripped off.

Why some sets are more expensive in europe then in the uS and some are just teh conversion from $ to €, that someone will have to explain to me. Good example this year was the naboo starfighter, way too overpriced in Europe.

Would seem odd to me to get Snoke (or whatever is real name is...) in a polybag. I mean he's supposedly the big bad guy here.

Edited by Kraby

So which two characters are rare? Finn and Maz Kanata? Which sets are they in (before Battle on Takodana)?

I was referring to that you can only get Finn in the falcon at $150 and Kylo in the shuttle for $100. You can't get them in any other set until the new $60 extravaganza that's coming.

Well to me it would seem that they are capable of arm and leg printing, as well as dual molding, so that should be the standard when appropriate for the character. When they release a nice, highly detailed minifigure, that sets a standard for that character. Anything less than that in a future set is a step backwards.

Also, even CMFs have these features, and they aren't in exclusive sets. I feel that LEGO should be utilizing their technology to make the best product they can, in every set. When they don't, they are selling us, and themselves, short.

LEGO's standards. They have set that standard with the UCS Slave I Boba Fett minifigure.

I understand that this is not an issue for some people, and perhaps I voiced my complaint a little differently from what I had intended. But I still feel like this iteration of Boba Fett is a downgrade from what they have shown they are capable of, and in my opinion, that is a little lazy and uninspired.

Are you really being that daft? How can you say CMF's *aren't* exclusive? You tell me what other set ANY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has been in, considering how many have been released? Good luck finding even 5 of them in any other set ever released.

Just because an engine can be designed to produce 300 horsepower does it mean every single engine of that size should be made to produce that? Just because TLG offers a free fig on May the 4th, does it mean they are screwing customers out of a free minifig everytime someone buys something from them outside of the free fig period?! Heck no.

You are simply portraying the ugly side of someone being spoiled by TLG's capability expecting it all the time, wanting everything possible just because it has been done before.

TLG want to keep a reason for people wanting to buy a Slave 1, and the arm printing is one of those reasons. Im guessing you have a job and buy your own stuff, because i can't imagine a kid caring this much about armbprinting... So when you buy absolutely anything, do you 100% always buy the best premium product there is out there, or have you ever bought a mid range thing? Because the best is most frequently expensive, and i can bet you don't always buy the best of everything... But why not when it is possible?

Are you really being that daft? How can you say CMF's *aren't* exclusive? You tell me what other set ANY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has been in, considering how many have been released? Good luck finding even 5 of them in any other set ever released.

Just because an engine can be designed to produce 300 horsepower does it mean every single engine of that size should be made to produce that? Just because TLG offers a free fig on May the 4th, does it mean they are screwing customers out of a free minifig everytime someone buys something from them outside of the free fig period?! Heck no.

You are simply portraying the ugly side of someone being spoiled by TLG's capability expecting it all the time, wanting everything possible just because it has been done before.

TLG want to keep a reason for people wanting to buy a Slave 1, and the arm printing is one of those reasons. Im guessing you have a job and buy your own stuff, because i can't imagine a kid caring this much about armbprinting... So when you buy absolutely anything, do you 100% always buy the best premium product there is out there, or have you ever bought a mid range thing? Because the best is most frequently expensive, and i can bet you don't always buy the best of everything... But why not when it is possible?

If you think about it though, you have to admit that "exclusive"ly marketed lego products are made scarce artificially. If lego was produced not according to what will turn a profit (or what will satisfy Disney for example), none of this would be an issue. The only reason Boba in 75137 is different to Boba in 75060 is to maintain the scarcity of "UCS boba" and in doing so increase the demand for 75060. We shouldn't anticipate any different . That's unfortunately the world we live in and it sucks. First world symptoms of a global problem

Edited by atlas

Obi-Wan's jedi Interceptor, Hoth Attack, Carbon Freezing Chamber and Kanan's Speeder Bike all £19.99, Homing Spider Droid £34.99, all battle packs £11.99, all Microfighter Series 3 £8.99 on Shop at Home UK, releasing 26th December.

I'm happy with that, I'm thinking of getting three £20 sets, two microfighters and still undecided on Battlepacks. I love waves like this at it means I can catch up on sets I've missed, as well as see if I fancy any TFA sets.

Which month has the double VIP points? I really want the Sandcrawler, but the price is a bit steep for me to get it without incentive.

Yep! Although they aren't going to put his name on the polybag due to potential spoilers.

Isn't Snoke supposedly huge? more maxi-figure size?

Obi-Wan's jedi Interceptor, Hoth Attack, Carbon Freezing Chamber and Kanan's Speeder Bike all £19.99, Homing Spider Droid £34.99, all battle packs £11.99, all Microfighter Series 3 £8.99 on Shop at Home UK, releasing 26th December.

That's more like it! Edited by Brickr

hey VAT in belgium is 21%! whatever, i refuse to buy anything unless it is heavily discounted. 25-33% on amazon, double vip at the lego store. it's still ridiculously expensive like that, esp compared to other toys of comparable quality, yeah, it's ridiculous.

If you think about it though, you have to admit that "exclusive"ly marketed lego products are made scarce artificially. If lego was produced not according to what will turn a profit (or what will satisfy Disney for example), none of this would be an issue. The only reason Boba in 75137 is different to Boba in 75060 is to maintain the scarcity of "UCS boba" and in doing so increase the demand for 75060. We shouldn't anticipate any different . That's unfortunately the world we live in and it sucks. First world symptoms of a global problem

Exactly that, they market it like that to give people an added reason to buy that product. They are running a business here, first and foremost. Therefore are fully justified in creating an artificial demand (which happens ALL the time with toys where exclusivity occurs) in order to sell one of their larger products, because... Its how they make their money and keep the profit train running. Otherwise, they'll lose sales as for some people, the minifig means everything and can sway the decision on whether someone will purchase a set or not (as clearly proven...)

Battlepacks up from 14.99 € in 2015 to 16.99 in 2016 ; small sets ( Hoth, J Interceptor, Freezing chamber, Droid escape) from 29.99 to 34.99 € ...

Speaking of Lego SW inflation.. ; that is between 13 & 17 % :sick: (while "real" inflation is around 1.5)

I don't know what they are drinking or smoking @ the Lego BeNeLux HQ, but I would like to try the same stuff..

This is the biggest movie and merchandise tie-in in history. And it's also just before Christmas. We will moan. We will complain. And then we will go buy all the stuff anyway. Lego knows this.

This is the biggest movie and merchandise tie-in in history. And it's also just before Christmas. We will moan. We will complain. And then we will go buy all the stuff anyway. Lego knows this.

some of you will. the level-headed ones won't. for the price of a mediocre star wars rebels lego set i can buy a beautifully engineered star wars action figure from bandai.

Battlepacks up from 14.99 € in 2015 to 16.99 in 2016 ; small sets ( Hoth, J Interceptor, Freezing chamber, Droid escape) from 29.99 to 34.99 € ...

Speaking of Lego SW inflation.. ; that is between 13 & 17 % :sick: (while "real" inflation is around 1.5)

I don't know what they are drinking or smoking @ the Lego BeNeLux HQ, but I would like to try the same stuff..

Hahaha, well, you know what they say, where there's (legalized) abundance... :laugh: I don't know what they smoke, but I know they use euro banknotes to wrap it :grin:

I simply have sent them an e-mail ;). Since Toys XL was the only Dutch store to actually released the TFA sets on Force Friday, I figured they would also be the first one to sell the new wave.

I called the shop today and they say: they don't get it this week.

Exactly that, they market it like that to give people an added reason to buy that product. They are running a business here, first and foremost. Therefore are fully justified in creating an artificial demand (which happens ALL the time with toys where exclusivity occurs) in order to sell one of their larger products, because... Its how they make their money and keep the profit train running. Otherwise, they'll lose sales as for some people, the minifig means everything and can sway the decision on whether someone will purchase a set or not (as clearly proven...)

I know. I'm just saying that if profit wasn't required in the production of Lego, it would be better for everyone that uses lego. Except scalpers and people who clear shelves of course.

Just two reminders people:

- Discussions about prices differences in various country don't belong here.

- Watch out what you post to avoid any spoilers for people who don't want to learn about the movie, especially as some of us will see it soon and some not.

And be nice! :classic:

And stay on target! :sweet:

I was referring to that you can only get Finn in the falcon at $150 and Kylo in the shuttle for $100. You can't get them in any other set until the new $60 extravaganza that's coming.

Oh, ok, I see what you are saying.

Not sure I want to get the new Falcon or not, but what does everyone think about Kylo's Command Shuttle?

I'm pretty pleased with these prices for the £19.99 sets - I also think this is the price point for the droid escape. Am I correct in think that the Takodana set is £49.99? I guess that'll be out on Boxing Day too.

I looked at the TFA microfighters in ToysRUs last night and I think I'll wait for a supermarket deal to get them.

Snoke as the "FO General"?

Also Resistance Troop Transporter is 11 cents per piece which is fair but for 200 pieces less at 409 the Battle of Takodana is admittedly quite expensive at a staggering 16.4 cents per piece. So to be fair the entire wave is not inflated just the one set that happens to have 3 main characters: Kylo, Maz and Finn.

Aside from the mini figure argument, it should be noted that Battle on Takodana has quite a few actual "bricks" that make up the walls and such in the set versus the usual slew of 1x1 round studs, etc that normally inflate the piece count. I would venture to say that if you measured the price in $$/weight the Takodana set price would be more reasonable.