Darth Dino

What you think of the Star Wars EP VII Sets after watching the movie..

"What I typed is borderline spoiler so it has been removed by an admin"

Dino

Edited by Stash2Sixx
Spoilerish!!!

This is Lego forum not a movie forum. Moderators please do something!!

If you want to discuss about the movies:

http://www.eurobrick...hp?showforum=25

He's asking for people's opinions on the sets after seeing the movie, it's not discussing the movie itself just the accuracy of the sets and so on.

I agree with you Dino, I haven't seen the film yet but from the trailer her speeder looks much smaller than the set. That's a problem with small vehicles in Lego though - hard to make them small enough to be accurate but big enough for details.

This is Lego forum not a movie forum. Moderators please do something!!

If you want to discuss about the movies:

http://www.eurobrick...hp?showforum=25

You must be fun at parties.

It's kind of hard to discuss this topic without spoiling the movie, but I'll tread lightly just in case.

The sets for the most part are spot on, with a few exceptions. I think the context of the Falcon set is rather interesting.

I have to admit that the movie was very entertaining and I actually liked it but it takes so much from the OT that it feels like an update of the old films for today´s audience. Regarding to the sets, I dont like any of them at all, neither the figs they include.

The snow speeder was never in plain sight in the movie, you could see its silhouette but not really much more.

I think the sets are actually not that bad. Its not Legos fault that some of the new designs really look uninspired and bland.

With one exception that is Kylo Rens Shuttle. That thing was the biggest eye catcher in the movie. I instantly fell in love with its intimidating design and want a UCS version NOW :wub:

The snow speeder was never in plain sight in the movie, you could see its silhouette but not really much more.

I think the sets are actually not that bad. Its not Legos fault that some of the new designs really look uninspired and bland.

With one exception that is Kylo Rens Shuttle. That thing was the biggest eye catcher in the movie. I instantly fell in love with its intimidating design and want a UCS version NOW :wub:

If Kylo Ren's shuttle got similar treatment to the mostly SNOT design of the 10212 UCS Imperial shuttle it would be epic...please make this TLG!

The snow speeder was clearly but only briefly seen, and never in motion. So that set wasn't very necessary. Other than that (and Kylo's shuttle wings), I think they did pretty well with the sets.

Yep snow speeder seen twice. Maybe hey cut some scenes involving it.

Rey's speeder to big- but tricky as mentioned.

Poes x wing is spot on can't wait u till they do the blue, tie fighter great also.

First order transporter far too small, but good design.

Twice? I only saw the snowspeeder outside the door when they arrived at the second location of the base/planet. Was it in an interior shot and I missed it?

Rey's Speeder: Looks good, scale is a little off, but not horribly so. I'd like to see if I can mod mine to include the damage hers showed. Had to think about it to realize that the second figure character was in the film! He's not really seen with the speeder, so that's a bit weird.

Snow Speeder: Appearance of the Hasbro version is better, simply because the stud-shooters are too big, but the shape of the vehicle seems accurate enough. The set is a little large, too. It's a very 'blink and you'll miss it vehicle'. Also, the figures included... could have been VERY different characters, that's for sure!

FO Transporter: Set is too short in length, but otherwise, the shape is about perfect. I didn't notice anything about if the play feature and missiles in the set make any sense at all. Figure selection is perfect, though.

Poe's X-wing: Still looks great. Yeah, the wing-split isn't perfect, but it's a great set nonetheless. Fig selection is just fine, no need for changes.

FO TIE: It's system scale, so the antistud wing insides aren't going anywhere, but apart from that, it's typical TIE accuracy and figures are perfectly chosen since they didn't go with the other option for figures.

Kolo Ren's Shuttle: This has the most glaring inaccuracies. Wings ought to tilt and the landing gear/lower winglets are wrong. Color choice isn't as good as it could be. Figures are great, though.

Falcon: Oddly, the ship we know best is the one with the biggest color flaw. She's been sitting under the hot Jakku sun long enough that she's noticeably lighter in color onscreen, but they've darkened the color palette in the set for whatever unknown reason. The figure selection absolutely makes sense, though. (this is the only one I don't have)

Edited by rollermonkey

Falcon: Oddly, the ship we know best is the one with the biggest color flaw. She's been sitting under the hot Jakku sun long enough that she's noticeably lighter in color onscreen, but they've darkened the color palette in the set for whatever unknown reason. The figure selection absolutely makes sense, though. (this is the only one I don't have)

Trying not to spoil anything here:

The falcon was darker becuase Han painted it black in the comics then painted it back to light gray. (My theory anyway)

I think it is implied that they took the FO snowspeeder to the fuel cell area of the Starkiller base when they realized the Resistance wasn't having much success. I imagine that the shot them traveling there on it was probably cut from the movie.

Picked up the visual dictionary yesterday and it features a photo of snowtroopers searching the inside of the falcon. Maybe the snow speeder would have featured in this scene - could turn up on the blu Ray.

The dictionary also have a photo of the resistance speeder from the battle pack. I presumed this was a TLG invention. If you remove the gun turret, it's actually spot on.

Trying not to spoil anything here:

The falcon was darker becuase Han painted it black in the comics then painted it back to light gray. (My theory anyway)

I was just comparing onscreen appearance with the set, which is what I thought the thread was about. :tongue: Whatever Han did before, it's virtually snow white when it takes off from Jakku.

I was just comparing onscreen appearance with the set, which is what I thought the thread was about. :tongue: Whatever Han did before, it's virtually snow white when it takes off from Jakku.

Ahh ok nevermind then

Really???

And that is called and ADULT FORUM?

Arent we adults enough NOT to read what we dont want to?

Did i SPOILED anything? No! I wanted to compare set and movie aperance! Its about SETS. Im glad that even the most in this topic got that - except one admin.

What are you going to do, if some post in a set review a movie screenshot to compare? Delete for spoiling as well??

Im so dissappointed that this is deleted and edited as well - as id i had spoiled anything.

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

I am curious how much information TLG got when designing the sets. Specifically Kylo Ren's shuttle. To not have the wings tilt seems like a HUGE oversight. It isnt just a small matter of inaccuracy due to the medium, but the wings opening are a huge aspect of the design.

I think that is the case because they got the design information on the crafts like the Shuttle a looong time ago from Disney/Lucasfilm, so they would still have enough time to actually design it in Lego. Maybe at that point in time the folding wings werent a thing yet.

If I recall correctly there are other Non-Lego Kylo Ren Shuttles, that have the same flaw, which would strengthen this theory.

Edited by BigEl

I believe Brickcommander stated in one of the other threads that the material they had to work off for Ren's shuttle didn't show the wings folding.

UCS version on the way my friend :) Will post some pics very soon...

Set Accuracy:

X-Wing= Other than a few small issues, spot on.

Tie Fighter= Spot on

Rey's Speeder= A bit to big, but pretty close

Snowspeeder= Rarely seen, but I recognized it once it showed up.

Kylo Ren's Shuttle= Yeah the wind issue and the color issue are very noted:

Stormtrooper Transport= Very close, features prominently in the opening scene too!

Millennium Falcon= Spot on

All in all a much better selection than Iron Man v.s, The Flaming Golf Cart of DOOM! :laugh: