SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Introduction and Starting Thread

Our naval observers clearly stated that "Oleon" had already gone rogue (possibly to commit acts of piracy by itself). So, another piece of misleading information the Corrington yellow press spreads out to slander our majestic nation? pirate_tong.gif

Sir, you are mistaken (At least about the Advertizer's origin - its journalistic value I shall leave unremarked). The King's Port Advertiser is from King's Port in Terraversa! And we resent the accusations of your comment! pirate_tong.gif

Sir, you are mistaken (At least about the Advertizer's origin - its journalistic value I shall leave unremarked). The King's Port Advertiser is from King's Port in Terraversa! And we resent the accusations of your comment! pirate_tong.gif

I humbly back down then only to keep celebrating our great King's coronation! Maybe it is the sweet nectar talking, our gracious new King has issued to all our naval fleet!

Looking through the various settlement threads, I have two questions:

1. Why is there no settlement thread for Port Raleigh (the Corrington settlement on Berelli)?

2. Is there a map for the island of Ferro Azure (island #6)?

That's it! There is no link in the settlement index. Thanks.

No problem. :thumbup:

...2. Is there a map for the island of Ferro Azure (island #6)?

Not yet.

This is going to sound bad -- but if you are one of the people waiting to hear about a mine you put up LAST month, please remind me of who you are and where you put up your mine. Thank you!

I licensed a small mine in Port Raleigh

You struck a.... A quarry :(

Our naval observers clearly stated that "Oleon" had already gone rogue (possibly to commit acts of piracy by itself). So, another piece of misleading information the Corrington yellow press spreads out to slander our majestic nation? pirate_tong.gif

Well... Bregir already corrected this one.

That's it! There is no link in the settlement index. Thanks.

There are links to every one of our settlements in our starting posts.

So, no Margot being frontpaged? :( that's too bad :(

Congratz to those being frontpaged! Well deserved and it shows how great this community is!

Guys,

I'm feeling some strange vibes here ...

So let me calirify one thing: no the whole King Fernando thing is nothing but me trying to get a little more trashtalk going. It's something that in GoH created a lot fun, inspired some great builds and even lead to a ship building challenge between Mitgardia and Kaliphlin. Maybe the one or the other mate remembers ... It was fun, everybody took it as a sport and at home at our computers we all got a good lough out of it. So me trying to provoke Oleon is nothing more but my personal endeavor to install more fun to this game as I think you guys are all taking the MRCA way to megablocking serious. It's all about building mocs for me, I actually don't care what the value of my ship is as long as you guys think it's a cool ship. So forget about the rest but don't forget to laugh every now and then!

Gees, how strange a game that it takes a German to tell people to be funny ...

Guys,

So let me calirify one thing: no the whole King Fernando thing is nothing but me trying to get a little more trashtalk going. It's something that in GoH created a lot fun, inspired some great builds and even lead to a ship building challenge between Mitgardia and Kaliphlin. Maybe the one or the other mate remembers ... It was fun, everybody took it as a sport and at home at our computers we all got a good lough out of it. So me trying to provoke Oleon is nothing more but my personal endeavor to install more fun to this game as I think you guys are all taking the MRCA way to megablocking serious. It's all about building mocs for me, I actually don't care what the value of my ship is as long as you guys think it's a cool ship. So forget about the rest but don't forget to laugh every now and then!

I am loving the claim on that throne, Kabel. So far, it has created a lot of dynamics in Corrington - the amount of conjecture and speculation is great! pirate_laugh2.gif

Finally some dynamics in the politics and diplomacy of this game - now I just hope people will pick it up and react to it! pir_laugh2.gif

(Which I also think some already have!)

I too loved that claim over our throne! I even prepared our colonial regiments for that! Muhahahahaha! Come and get it you greenies!!! Our hot-shots are waiting! pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

Eslandolan false claims, also inspired at least one great MOC in order to solidify our "normal" succession procedures! So Kabel, keep trashtalking and one day you might be called to a duel from an Oleander general! Muhahahahaha (nr 2) pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

And ofc OUR SHIPS ARE ALWAYS WAY BETTER THAN YOURS!!!

The throne claim was a fine initiative to get the politial intrigues started. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm just not very accustomed to using smileys, but I tried to play along. I like the idea of some internal intrigues as well. A little bit of paranoia never hurt anyone... pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

There's no deliberate favoritism or animosity. The point of front paging BoBS MOCs is to increase publicity for BoBS. Anyone in the leadership team could have suggested your MOC. We are all very busy with other BoBS stuff and real life. Next time you see a MOC that's really awesome let myself or one of your faction leaders know.

Do you know how much it costs to frontpage an item? Let me tell you, the money we spend on frontpaging is astronomical, but hey, that's a problem for the bean counters, I can't do everything around here. The real issue is space! We love space. Space is where the best science happens. In this case, not so much, as we don't actually do science on the frontpage, but you get my meaning. Or you don't. What I'm saying here is that if we frontpaged every worthy MOC, we'd run out of space and we need that space to properly showcase the best creations of the whole site, not just one area. You tried to upset the natural order of things by making a fuss about something not being frontpaged. You monster. Don't do it again.

TL;DR: Go back and read it. People these days.

My intentions are not to make a fuzz about it all, it just is sth I wondered...

I think it is the lifetime goal of every serious builder to get the honour of being frontpaged once in their lifetime.

When I posted Margot, the extremely beautifull HMS enterprize was posted at the same time in the pirates forum, which was definitely worth the frontpage.

I am not frustrated, I only wanted to have a bit feedback.

The Margot got a reaction of almost every active Bobs-member, which I really enjoyed as it means she was very well received.

I just wondered what make you guys decide. Now I know it is mostly a matter of awesome building skills and luck, I will keep continuing my quest to be frontpaged one day :p

Edited by Maxim I

Guys,

Your claim was awesome!The only thing not fun about it was the dact you renounced it. I had prepared a whole collab! The first two builds were already MOCed...

We should indeed have more fun :wink:

@Titus

If I was King Fernando Augusto I too would probably have withdrawn my claim, as it loses a lot of strength when a more legitimate heir is presented.

However, has it been withdrawn yet? I haven't seen that...

Your claim was awesome!The only thing not fun about it was the dact you renounced it. I had prepared a whole collab! The first two builds were already MOCed...

We should indeed have more fun :wink:

I mean really... the king might be persuaded if he has followers cheering him on still.

I mean really... the king might be persuaded if he has followers cheering him on still.

Ah, Belson's Elite on conflict campaign - again. And this time playing the mob-card. Tststs...

I guess everyone has to figure out by themselves where the true troublemakers reside default_sadnew.gif

You do get the feeling there are a lot of Corries sitting in big armchairs stroking a fluffy white cat whilst laughing maniacally every time they see another post with ESL vs SR, ESL vs OL etc themes, either that or they are getting busy with their big wooden spoons.... pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_sceptic.gifpirate_laugh2.gif .

May the banter continue, @Kabel - don't be disheartened I think we need this type of attitude and development far more than we need optimum building strategies to maximise our faction bonuses x100 etc etc.

Damn it! Phadeout's got us figured out! Escape to our secret volcano retreat/spacerocket escape ship! ;)

And I agree - keep up the story driving inputs, Kabel (and others)! ;)

Edited by Bregir