Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Second Crash - Day 2

Wow. I was wrong. I trusted, claimed too early. I won't make that mistake in future games. I've learned my lesson. :laugh:

Vote: Anthony Dixon (jluck)

I ONLY was critical of you claiming you can't possibly be godfather because you were before.

Please show the quote where I said "can't possibly" or you're just being yet another hyperbole BS player trying to cover their BS claims. 'Incredibly unlikely' is definitely not the same as "can't possibly." Dude, I'm a native English speaker. You can't pull that sort of nonsense excuse.

Wow. I was wrong. I trusted, claimed too early. I won't make that mistake in future games. I've learned my lesson. :laugh:

:facepalm::wall::ugh:

Oh, and

:enough::distressed::cry3:

Unvote: Mike

Vote:Anthony (jluck)

Glad to see the town block get off to such a solid start, despite the efforts of some of the 'town.'

Please show the quote where I said "can't possibly" or you're just being yet another hyperbole BS player trying to cover their BS claims. 'Incredibly unlikely' is definitely not the same as "can't possibly." Dude, I'm a native English speaker. You can't pull that sort of nonsense excuse.

You're right, I did go exaggerating there and I shouldn't have. I apologize.

But more importantly...

Oh, and look how Anthony voted yesterday - the infamous #3 spot on Perce!

How many are you waiting on? Foorth said he'd be gone most of today so you may not hear from him.

If I may; how do you know Foorth did not claim?

He posted he'd be away but has since logged in and seemingly would have had enough time to claim to Molly.

Also

Vote: Anthony (jluck)

I am still waiting on two claims, and one of you is here right now. :poke:

Seriously, there are only three of us here....

Splendid!

Vote: Woodcock (Bob.) You're avoiding giving reasons for suspecting me because there are none. You're stubbornly clinging to a weak Day One suspicion which is not backed up whatsoever by anything. I would still be voting for you if it had been anyone else you suspected.

An interesting "you voted for me, so now I'll vote for you!" vote. Fantastic, my friend! I believe I stated my reasoning as to why I voted for you yesterday. I found it interesting that it appeared you were questioning Foorth's ping. Potential sinister undertones would be you trying to question the logic of why he was sending out a ping. I'm afraid your behavior since and still has done nothing to alleviate my suspicion of you Am I not allowed to suspect you for whatever reasons I see fit? If I said that I didn't like your hair, your smile, your shirt, or your acting abilities (I don't), that would be a baseless and inappropriate accusation. However, me finding your actions on Day One suspicious isn't a baseless suspicion that I'm "stubbornly holding on to."

I've struck a nerve and it's still bothering you. I find it very interesting that Anthony went around PMing everyone about Julia and I's unvote yesterday, yet only mine has resonated with you still. It also seems to have remained in Dink's mind as well. Sinister collusion, perhaps? I think so!

Good Morning everyone, a good day for a song? Yes it is! Our town cop got a great investigation result last night.......we got our first confirmed scum! Anthony has been very deceiving and naughty!

Don't let this stop discussions on other suspects, this is only one down and with the wording of the rules we have more than one enemy faction out there!

And two of you have still not claimed to me yet. You know who you are, don't make me name you.

Nice one, investigator!

Unvote: Woodcock (Bob)

If I may; how do you know Foorth did not claim?

He posted he'd be away but has since logged in and seemingly would have had enough time to claim to Molly.

That's a good point, especially since we know Anthony is scum here; could he and Foorth have been discussing possible claims on the scumboard?

I believe I stated my reasoning as to why I voted for you yesterday. I found it interesting that it appeared you were questioning Foorth's ping. Potential sinister undertones would be you trying to question the logic of why he was sending out a ping.

Me questioning the logic of why he was sending out a ping is not scum behaviour or suspicious IMO. Missing something here, am I?

However, me finding your actions on Day One suspicious isn't a baseless suspicion that I'm "stubbornly holding on to."

Actions? Please elaborate, I thought you just found that one post suspicious because..... [insert reason here]

I've struck a nerve and it's still bothering you.

At least you're right in something, it is bothering me.

I find it very interesting that Anthony went around PMing everyone about Julia and I's unvote yesterday, yet only mine has resonated with you still. It also seems to have remained in Dink's mind as well. Sinister collusion, perhaps? I think so!

? Your unvote only resonated with me in conjunction with your previous vote. Julia's first vote wasn't as early on or as weak as yours.

How do you say it's not a scum-read when you literally said "I find ewan scummy"??? My point wasn't that you brought up a scum read, it's that you were stating a scum read with NO basis for it. I'd literally made a fluff day 1 post or two and you were calling me scummy from that. Why? If you have a reason, great, share it so we can discuss. But this felt more like just random throw crap out, see if it sticks, and have something to look like you're contributing.

How on earth do you get a "good town read" on anyone from day 1? That's just ludicrous.

I would agree with you if I had voted for you, or made a legitimate case for doing so. I just said I found you suspicious, but that this was likely not valid because your play style is such that I usually find you scummy. And for heaven's sake, fluff does not equal town. I know you had RL things going on, but you can't just be like "oh well it was day one" in your defense, and then start jumping down my throat for one comment on day one when we have other things to discuss and make such a big deal of it. Your reaction to this just makes you look more suspicious, to be honest. I listed a passing suspicion on day one, and you started making a big deal about it without much reasoning behind it. If you don't think my contributions from yesterday were helpful, then fine. But I don't believe you have a right to talk, all things considered.

Well it depends what your definition of "good town read" is. If you mean it in the sense that you're 99% sure that someone is town, then yes, that is ludicrous. But finding someone who you feel inclined to believe is town on day one is not. This doesn't mean that you trust them, or know that they're town for sure, but from their posts you consistently get a feeling that they're town. It differs for everyone, and I certainly don't have many townreads at this point, but it certainly isn't impossible to have a good town read on day one.

Honestly, after my post yesterday, I kind of forgot about your general existence until you came raring in this morning to "defend" yourself and point out how scummy you think I am. You weren't a serious suspect of mine before, but you certainly are now.

Good Morning everyone, a good day for a song? Yes it is! Our town cop got a great investigation result last night.......we got our first confirmed scum! Anthony has been very deceiving and naughty!

Don't let this stop discussions on other suspects, this is only one down and with the wording of the rules we have more than one enemy faction out there!

And two of you have still not claimed to me yet. You know who you are, don't make me name you.

Excellent news! :smile:

While I still don't have two of you claiming to me (and I find it rather anti-townie that you haven't yet) , it's time for counterclaims. Anyone?

And I would like to note that Anthony has not even bothered to stop by and say any parting thoughts.

I would agree with you if I had voted for you, or made a legitimate case for doing so. I just said I found you suspicious, but that this was likely not valid because your play style is such that I usually find you scummy. And for heaven's sake, fluff does not equal town. I know you had RL things going on, but you can't just be like "oh well it was day one" in your defense, and then start jumping down my throat for one comment on day one when we have other things to discuss and make such a big deal of it. Your reaction to this just makes you look more suspicious, to be honest. I listed a passing suspicion on day one, and you started making a big deal about it without much reasoning behind it. If you don't think my contributions from yesterday were helpful, then fine. But I don't believe you have a right to talk, all things considered.

Honestly, after my post yesterday, I kind of forgot about your general existence until you came raring in this morning to "defend" yourself and point out how scummy you think I am. You weren't a serious suspect of mine before, but you certainly are now.

You didn't say suspicious. You said scummy. And that was when I had literally made 1 post. What on earth could you find scummy? I never said fluff was town, I meant that fluff is not something to base suspicions on - either way. I'm not saying things without reasoning behind it. That would be your role in this debate :grin: I have no problem with you suspecting me. I do have a problem with anyone throwing out scummy accusations without any basis.

And I'm not surprised you forgot about me - I didn't post after that one single post on day 1 because of things. So since everyone forgot about me, do you really think I'd come in like this if I was scum? (I know, WIFOM, but still...)

Look Delwyn, I have no real read on you either way. And I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just looking for people to give explanations of their reads. A read just stated with no reasoning is worthless or worse.

While I still don't have two of you claiming to me (and I find it rather anti-townie that you haven't yet) , it's time for counterclaims. Anyone?

And I would like to note that Anthony has not even bothered to stop by and say any parting thoughts.

If [almost] everyone has claimed a role to you, and if you haven't already got counterclaims, then none, there will be.

He dropped me a PM pretty much confirming him as scum, saying he enjoyed chatting with me and to be wary of trusting others too early in future games. :wink:

He dropped me a PM pretty much confirming him as scum, saying he enjoyed chatting with me and to be wary of trusting others too early in future games. :wink:

I'm sure.

Unvote: Mike Johnson (mediumsnowman)

This is fantastic news. On day two, as well. :thumbup: Seems like our block is having no trouble getting together.

I'm sure.

I'm not, I think he should share it ASAP.

I'm not, I think he should share it ASAP.

Haha :wink: My advice is real, most of our conversation I was being completely upfront with you on, have fun!

vote : Anthony (jluck)

An interesting "you voted for me, so now I'll vote for you!" vote. Fantastic, my friend! I believe I stated my reasoning as to why I voted for you yesterday. I found it interesting that it appeared you were questioning Foorth's ping. Potential sinister undertones would be you trying to question the logic of why he was sending out a ping. I'm afraid your behavior since and still has done nothing to alleviate my suspicion of you Am I not allowed to suspect you for whatever reasons I see fit? If I said that I didn't like your hair, your smile, your shirt, or your acting abilities (I don't), that would be a baseless and inappropriate accusation. However, me finding your actions on Day One suspicious isn't a baseless suspicion that I'm "stubbornly holding on to."

I've struck a nerve and it's still bothering you. I find it very interesting that Anthony went around PMing everyone about Julia and I's unvote yesterday, yet only mine has resonated with you still. It also seems to have remained in Dink's mind as well. Sinister collusion, perhaps? I think so!

But what's sinister about questioning someone else's ping?

That seems like a really transparent attempt at covering for you to me. I don't like it.

That seems like a really transparent attempt at covering for you to me. I don't like it.

Here was the post before that. Look at the timestamps, this conversation is far from new. If I was scum why would we PM when we could talk on the scumboard? :hmpf:

Be careful with trusting too early, I've seen it go wrong too many times.

:sadnew: I must commend you. You played well. I was convinced you were town. I won't make the mistake of trusting someone too early in future games.

Sorry folks, was busy with real life. I'm back now and ready to pretend to be stranded on an island.

That was your master plan? To draw out a night kill on yourself? :facepalm: Bad job. That's a last resort, and unlikely to happen unless you publicly claim something, which is more likely to get you lynched than anything else due to counterclaims.

Hopefully the rest of the 'town' has more sophisticated plans. Anyway, claiming town goes without saying, but there was no reason to tell me your 'role' and it makes you look suss. Not a slam dunk lynch, but it puts you above Ewan in my lynch line up. If you end up being town, you brought it on yourself. Nobody in all my years of playing has ever started a PM to me on day one with " I'm a Vanilla Townie" (but vanilla townie is in green, which I can't write on my phone)

I agree with def on this one as well; snowman's claim smells. Why would you claim to def? He could be scum. Claiming as vanilla implicates the power roles - not a position you want to put yourself in.

I have to say I'm a little surprised, but that works out. That kind of re-structures the debate though. What does this mean for Ewan? Would he follow in his teammates' footsteps in such a weird way? I feel like he wouldn't.

Vote: Anthony (jluck)

Here was the post before that. Look at the timestamps, this conversation is far from new. If I was scum why would we PM when we could talk on the scumboard? :hmpf:

That's what I did PirateDave in jamesn's submarine game. We had a couple PMs set up for different contingencies, that I could post at a moment's notice. Funny enough, klick was the third member of our scum team, though he died quick, and watched the complex, paranoid plan we wove. We had Dave fake claiming to me, and eventually won with his fake claim of doctor. Good times, good times!

And your indignant at everybody's sensible questioning of you is not helping your case. Anger that I 'blew your cover', anger that you look suss, anger that someone thinks your PM could be fake... Looks bad to me.

Klick=jluck

Indignant = indignation

And your indignant at everybody's sensible questioning of you is not helping your case. Anger that I 'blew your cover', anger that you look suss, anger that someone thinks your PM could be fake... Looks bad to me.

Klick=jluck

Indignant = indignation

I am indignant, because I'm telling the truth. If the cop hadn't found Anthony to be a sleeper you probably would have lynched an innocent, helpful (or at least trying to be, but I must admit I screwed that up :blush: )townie. I suppose I just like the :hmpf: face.

Anyway, I was just looking at that old mafia, and made a mistake. Jluck was a townie I screwed over as scum that time. All the same, him sending fake PMs is plausible.