A Swing Ride, one of the most popular ride in the world.

23683420511_91cbca2615_c.jpg

23683414091_30af8256b2_c.jpg

It use chains for the chairs like the real one. Inside the central support there is a xl motor that rotate and incline the top circular support. Then the centrifugal force do the rest of the movements.

You can see it working here:

Poor kids! That's so fast! :)

Great work, tkel86, I'd love to build this for my amusement park. Any instructions available?

Poor kids! That's so fast! :)

Great work, tkel86, I'd love to build this for my amusement park. Any instructions available?

I have the LDD file almost completed, when i finish it and if you want I can put it here.

Well done. I just finished the ferris wheel not too long ago and thought about a swing ride. Although I agree, it is a bit fast. I'll probably alter mine a bit if I ever decide to build one. I'm still working on my own carousel.

But this should fit in with the amusement park theme.

It is controlled by a variable speed controller, those used in trains. In the video is only in third speed variation, it can go slower, if I put the seventh (max) chairs begin to lie flat and can probably fly for real. :tongue:

This ride will integrate a new version of this amusement park that a already done some time ago.

18708919101_6901007026_c.jpg

Park 0937 by Alexis Dos Santos, no Flickr

Edited by tkel86

Very cool! But, how does the top lean to one side? Looking at the video it seems that the force from the XL motor. And if it stops, how does it tilt back to horizontal? Is that what the rubber bands are for?

brilliant!!

i must say, i have never seen a real one of these before. have seen pictures online and such, but never in person. i would be terrified of smacking into that central support, even though the g-forces would likely make that impossible.

Very cool! But, how does the top lean to one side? Looking at the video it seems that the force from the XL motor. And if it stops, how does it tilt back to horizontal? Is that what the rubber bands are for?

The top tilt to both sides and when it stop it just stay on the last angle. It doesn't return to center, the rubber is for smoothing the tilt movement.

While I wouldn't dare to have a ride on this swing ride, it looks amazing. The colour scheme is lovely, and the details are realistic. The use of chain links is great as it resembles the real swing rides. I'm missing the safety belt around the seat, but I guess minifigs don't need them.

I have the LDD file almost completed, when i finish it and if you want I can put it here.

That would be very cool, thank you so much.

It is controlled by a variable speed controller, those used in trains. In the video is only in third speed variation, it can go slower, if I put the seventh (max) chairs begin to lie flat and can probably fly for real. :tongue:

This ride will integrate a new version of this amusement park that a already done some time ago.

18708919101_6901007026_c.jpg

Park 0937 by Alexis Dos Santos, no Flickr

Amazing city layout, I love the river and the bridge. Great work.

Edited by Gongoro73

Amazing work! I've been trying to figure out how to do this for quite some time so I too eagerly await the LDD to have a look and probably build one for my park too!

Love your work!

Yes, please! I'm slowing starting my own fairground MOC. I love what you've done here, and would love to put one in my fairground.

Thanks i´m glad you all like it!

Really nice build, and the layout is amazing. Any chance we can get more pics of the rides and the layout? I really like the hot dog truck too!

The 0937 Park was made by me (photos ), the rest of the city layout is from the 0937 community event Arte em Peças (photos) and the hot dog truck was made by Alex (photos).

I don´t have yet presented all the rides because the park remains in display on a exposition.

Edited by tkel86

This is epic! Looks just like the original. It's nice that it has a variable speed, great work. I will definitely support this on Lego Ideas. :wink:

Bye, i am an italian fans lego.

Can i have an instruction for build this moc for my daughter do you have other rides i supported on lego ideas it's very nice

Edited by animelandia

Oh.....this is lovely.I loved these Rides as a Kid.Always gives me strong Memories when it was Christmastime and the Christmas Market/Fair in ther City i grew up had a bunch of Rides and i always wanted into that Chain Carousel and waving at my Parents....ah,lucky Memories.

Your MOC is outstanding,love the Details.Even without the ability to move this would be a great Build,but the actual Ability to rotate and Tilt is just the Icing on the Cake.

Now it only needs the classic Carnival Music.