I haven't seen an update to the US version yet. :sceptic:

Went looking for stone monster parts this morning, none to be found except the one head and torso that were already there.

I saw after being out of stock, they have human Zane heads again. I could never find titanium Zane heads or torsos even listed.

For some reason, the gold Nexo armor is quite a bit cheaper than the other colors.

2 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I saw after being out of stock, they have human Zane heads again. I could never find titanium Zane heads or torsos even listed.

For some reason, the gold Nexo armor is quite a bit cheaper than the other colors.

I got Titanium Zane through B&P, but Deepstone Zane was never listed while all the other ninja were.

Hi!

I tried to buy some lobsters, but they where not available because they are a licensed part. The only reason they are licensed is because they where in the batman minfigseries first :wacko:

Is there a chance they can become "unlicensed" and/or available, since they are in several normal normal sets this year?

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Hi!

I tried to buy some lobsters, but they where not available because they are a licensed part. The only reason they are licensed is because they where in the batman minfigseries first :wacko:

Is there a chance they can become "unlicensed" and/or available, since they are in several normal normal sets this year?

I saw them in the Fun at the beach set and there's two in the Ideas Old fishing store, so I bet we will see them available for purchase somewhere this year. Newly introduced parts tend to not be available for purchase right away, only after a few months. 

On 6/4/2017 at 0:56 PM, Exetrius said:

I saw them in the Fun at the beach set and there's two in the Ideas Old fishing store, so I bet we will see them available for purchase somewhere this year. Newly introduced parts tend to not be available for purchase right away, only after a few months. 

Not really, new parts are generally available upon release or are given a date when they will be made available - thats my experience. 

The lobsters are unfortunately licensed. They dont even show up on bricks and pieces whereas other new parts do. We have to deal with it.

How can you license a lobster?

They are a natural creature. Part of the real world.

Nobody owns a patent on lobsters.

Come on TLG get your act together. 

Lobsters obviously aren't licensed but the design of the Lego version and the mould for their small plastic version they produce is. Having two arms, legs, torso and head aren't subject to license but Lego's minifigure is. They own their design so they get to decide how and when they sell it.

If you want a lobster from the real world, the unpatented one, just go and catch one. Lego don't sell lobsters. They sell plastic toys designed by people they employ, sometimes for themes that are under license. 

Edited by Robianco

4 hours ago, Robianco said:

Lobsters obviously aren't licensed but the design of the Lego version and the mould for their small plastic version they produce is. Having two arms, legs, torso and head aren't subject to license but Lego's minifigure is. They own their design so they get to decide how and when they sell it.

If you want a lobster from the real world, the unpatented one, just go and catch one. Lego don't sell lobsters. They sell plastic toys designed by people they employ, sometimes for themes that are under license. 

:look:

What some of us are wondering is why the lobster is a licensed part.. I understand batman, scooby doo etc are licensed parts.  What I find strange is that generic pieces that show up for the first time in a licensed set automatically become licensed parts as well :wacko:
If the lobster had been in the fun on the beach set first it wouldn't be a licensed part! Did it have a personality in the batman movie, I just thought it was food for batman?

45 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

:look:

What some of us are wondering is why the lobster is a licensed part.. I understand batman, scooby doo etc are licensed parts.  What I find strange is that generic pieces that show up for the first time in a licensed set automatically become licensed parts as well :wacko:
If the lobster had been in the fun on the beach set first it wouldn't be a licensed part! Did it have a personality in the batman movie, I just thought it was food for batman?

It's a mould that was created seemingly for use on the Lego Batman movie... so it's therefore had a budget assigned to it from a licensed theme. As ridiculous as that might sound it pretty much doesn't matter whether it's a brick element, accessory element or minifigure element... it's a licensed part and will have it's own B&P sale restrictions (whatever they may be). The hair used for Governor Tarkin was also used on Ghsotbusters... and was then used in a City Modular set... but it wasn't available on B&P straight away even though it was used on a non-licensed set. Being non-licensed still doesn't mean it'll be sold on B&P. Finn's hair was released straight away and it still only used on SW licensed sets (as far as I know) so there's no hard and fast rule.

The dual moulded legs on the City beach set aren't available even though the dual moulded legs on the licensed sets are, although some have sold out since then. I'm sure everyone who has a Flash minifigure is waiting for those red and yellow dual moulded legs to be available but as yet they're not. Han's new hairpiece was only available in the Death Star set and was very valuable for a while... now they're 32p each.

My main point was that no matter what the part is it's been designed by someone... it's a likeness of an object, or person, or element that has been designed and revised over time to become the moulded part that we now have. That process is owned by Lego as is the part so we can't just tell them to 'pull their finger out' and sell it how we want it as it's 'only a.... ' and therefore they somehow don't have the right to not sell it as an individual piece. They're protecting their investment in their design team, development and tooling to create that part no matter how insignificant it may be.

Personally I think it would be something that would be available from B&P at some point in the very near future but until then they're around £1 each on Bricklink.

Thank you for clarifying :classic:

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Personally I think it would be something that would be available from B&P at some point in the very near future

Hopefully you are right :sweet:

On 10/06/2017 at 4:24 PM, Robianco said:

Finn's hair was released straight away and it still only used on SW licensed sets (as far as I know) so there's no hard and fast rule.

Finn's hair in the original black is also in Ghostbusters (Winston), Batman Movie (Aaron Cash), Super Heroes (Karl Mordo and Falcon), DFB series (Boateng). So all licensed, but wider than SW. And also in dark brown for the new CMF Gladiator.

In case anybody cares, I noticed that the black panther from the jungle sets is available now on Bricks and Pieces. I found it quite surprising.

6193919.jpg.5f6a10f14308c551369ce65461a68d7a.jpg

Design #34140

Some minifigure parts from the beach set are available too.

Edited by fatsomania

10 hours ago, fatsomania said:

In case anybody cares, I noticed that the black panther from the jungle sets is available now on Bricks and Pieces. I found it quite surprising.

nice, i was hoping to find these big cats there :)

On 6/10/2017 at 10:24 AM, Robianco said:

Personally I think it would be something that would be available from B&P at some point in the very near future but until then they're around £1 each on Bricklink.

I definitely agree, they will appear soon. However, I also think they will be getting less expensive on BL since there are a few new sets coming out with multiples. At least, that's what I'm dreaming of!

On another note, someone posted a list of figures he was able to complete using B&P recently, but unfortunately in the USA not all the parts were available. Of particular note for what I was hoping to grab, the silver toxic waste suit helmet is not available (as of yesterday). It would be nice if all parts were available in all countries, but at least we have Bricklink to fill in the gaps.

I compiled a list of all sorts of tiles that are on B&P. I thought others may be interested in it as well:

b868f175fb.png

:classic:

It has been available since you posted about the jaguar.

Maybe, I ordered last week. Still waiting for the tiger though!

Quick (and hopefully not silly) question. But where do all of you mostly order your bricks and parts? I have a couple of webshops including a few from where I'm from (the Netherlands), but those usually don't have what I need or asking an insane amount for them. I have found one in the UK but it's quite expensive in shipping.