c0rnedfr0g

Non-Purist Superhero Figures

Non-Purist Firestorm

firestorm.jpg

The only non-purist element is the torso, which has had bits of printing removed (via pencil eraser) from the following spots:

skylor.jpg

Thanks for looking!

My Knightmare Bats.

21j6b9g.jpg

I drilled two dents in the cowl, and the coat is from a China Gambit figure.

Edited by Cobb

Seeing as we're showing Nightmare Batman I thought I'd drop mine in too.

27233262151_c72966c5ba_z.jpg

Edited by Robianco

Oow nice, where do the parts come from?

Jacket, goggles?

Goggles are from SiDan and I got them from lapetitebrique.com

Jacket is from eBay and a store called Easton Home and the legs are from EclipseGrafx.

If only there was dark tan and black arms... I think I may spray some with vinyl dye.

Non-Purist Batman Beyond

The parts that are non-purist are the hips and the head. The head is just a plain black Lego head that has 2 strips of Lego-sticker-sheet-border cut and applied for the eyes and mouth. The hips had a tiny bit of printing removed.

I wanted to expand upon this awesome design:

Batman Beyond:

Helmet: Batman's

Head: This one (I don't know the exact name because I didn't find it on Bricklink.) or a really cool modded one like c0rnedfr0g did!

Torso: Red Nightwing's

Arms: CMF 8 Vampire Bat's with wing parts painted red for extra accuracy.

Legs: CMF 15 Jewel Thief's or plain black, or the CMF 13 Galaxy Trooper's or really, any appropriate black legs, or best of all, some really cool modded ones like c0rnedfr0g did, possibly in conjunction with the others I mentioned.

I know that this figure has a lot of purist parts, but of course, mods can be made to any of my suggestions to make them more custom than purist.

Happy building, everyone! - The Big Red Cheese

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Note: Some of these are group photos that also contain purist figures. The ones named in the link are the ones that are nonpurist, and therefore belong here.

Merlyn, the Dark Archer (Version 1)

Hood sliced open to allow for headwrap to sit underneath and third party coat

Hawkman (Version 1)

Third party vambraces and wings

Hawkman (Version 2)

Jay Garrick, Deadshot and Wasp

Jay - Third party bootwings

Deadshot - Third party hat and coat

Wasp - Sharpied legs

Alexander (Josie and the Pussycats), Merlyn, the Dark Archer (Version 2), and Nobu

Alexander - Sharpied eyes

Merlyn - Hood sliced open to allow for headwrap to sit underneath and third party quiver

Nobu - Hood sliced open to allow for headwrap to sit underneath

White Tiger

Ground helmet, and arms supported by rubberbands

Red Skull

Third party painted weapon

Merlyn, the Dark Archer (Version 3)

Hood sliced open and third party quiver

The Carpenter, Sandman, and Bruce Banner

Carpenter - Modified this torso by removing the entire front and the letter 'D' from the middle of the back via erasers and toothpaste

Sandman - Modified this torso by removing the neckline and the entire back via erasers and toothpaste

Bruce Banner - Modified this torso by removing all print on both the front and the back via erasers and toothpaste

Green Lantern Guy Gardner

Painted boots/legs and ring

The Question

Painted hat and possibly modified head by removing all facial features (except cheekbones) via erasers and toothpaste

Scarecrow

Third party syringe

Rubberneck

Modified this head by removing scars via erasers and toothpaste, and modified this torso by removing "Player 1" print via erasers and toothpaste

War Machine

Third party accessories

Inque

Sharpied head

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be glad to answer any questions about how I modified my figs. Just ask! :D

Note: Some of these are group photos that also contain purist figures. The ones named in the link are the ones that are nonpurist, and therefore belong here.

Merlyn, the Dark Archer (Version 1)

Hood sliced open to allow for headwrap to sit underneath and third party coat

Hawkman (Version 1)

Hawkman (Version 2)

Jay Garrick and Deadshot

Jay - Third party bootwings

Deadshot - Third party hat and coat

Alexander (Josie and the Pussycats), Merlyn, the Dark Archer (Version 2), and Nobu

Alexander - Sharpied eyes

Merlyn - Hood sliced open to allow for headwrap to sit underneath and third party quiver

Nobu - Hood sliced open to allow for headwrap to sit underneath

White Tiger

Ground helmet, and arms supported by rubberbands

Red Skull

Third party painted weapon

Merlyn, the Dark Archer (Version 3)

Hood sliced open and third party quiver

The Carpenter, Sandman, and Bruce Banner

Carpenter - Modified this torso by removing the entire front via erasers and toothpaste, and the letter 'D' from the middle of the back.

Sandman - Modified this torso by removing the neckline and the entire back via erasers and toothpaste

Bruce Banner - Modified this torso by removing all print on both the front and the back via erasers and toothpaste

Green Lantern Guy Gardner

Painted boots/legs and ring

The Question

Painted hat and possibly modified head by removing all facial features (except cheekbones) via erasers and toothpaste

Scarecrow

Third party syringe

Rubberneck

Modified this head by removing scars via erasers and toothpaste, and modified this torso by removing "Player 1" print via erasers and toothpaste

War Machine

Third party accessories

Inque

Sharpied head

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be glad to answer any questions about how I modified my figs. Just ask! :D

Great work on all of these

Through the Jay Garrick link, what legs does Wasp use? I know I've seen them somewhere but can't place my finger on it

Through the Jay Garrick link, what legs does Wasp use? I know I've seen them somewhere but can't place my finger on it

Those are the legs from the Sinestro figure.

Thanks for the compliment, and sorry for missing your comment. To both confirm and clarify The Lego Nolan's response, yes those are Sinestro's legs, with a bit of Sharpie added where Lego's printing just didn't quite cut it. :)

Those are the legs from the Sinestro figure.

Thanks for responding to Quicksilver838 more promptly than I would've. :)

Thanks for the kind words, TheBigRedCheese !!

You have inspired me to continue tinkering with my Batman Beyond, now using the red gargoyle wings from the CMF S16 Imp, some leg printing courtesy of the recent Dragon Knights (to balance out the amount of detail / amount of red), and the newer cowl (sans chinstrap) since Terry doesn't have quite as square of a jaw as Bruce (although I wish the cowl's ears were longer).

batmanbeyondv2.jpg

batmanbeyondbehind.jpg

I think the wings definitely blend nicely into the back printing (which previously by itself didn't work too well for this character).

Thanks for looking!

Edited by c0rnedfr0g

Thanks for the kind words, TheBigRedCheese !!

You have inspired me to continue tinkering with my Batman Beyond, now using the red gargoyle wings from the CMF S16 Imp, some leg printing courtesy of the recent Dragon Knights (to balance out the amount of detail / amount of red), and the newer cowl (sans chinstrap) since Terry doesn't have quite as square of a jaw as Bruce (although I wish the cowl's ears were longer).

I think the wings definitely blend nicely into the back printing (which previously by itself didn't work too well for this character).

Thanks for looking!

c0rnedfr0g,

You're very welcome!

I'm glad you decided to continue tinkering, as the fig is even better than before! :O :) :D

The only thing that I don't love is the Imp's wings. For me, at least, the red just seems a bit bright, especially considering that this is Batman we're talking about. :P

I'd recommend some black paint, or something so as to "dull" the red's appearance, but other than that, I think the figure is awesome.

Also, you're right about the chinless cowl: It's a darn shame that the ears aren't longer. :(

My Knightmare Bats.

21j6b9g.jpg

I drilled two dents in the cowl, and the coat is from a China Gambit figure.

Now that`s cool!!

"Yeah, and I'm 'Speedy Gonzalez' . . ."Cap and Bucky

"Here's to honor among thieves."

"Here's to honor among thieves."League of Assassins Member + Quick Update

The Good, The Bad, and The Morally Ambiguous - The Bad: Professor Hugo StrangeThe Good, The Bad, and The Morally Ambiguous - The Good: Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)The Good, The Bad, and The Morally Ambiguous - Thor OdinsonAresia

Flash (Wally West), James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes and Captain America (Steve Rogers), Deadshot (Floyd Lawton), League of Assassins member, Dr. Hugo Strange, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Thor (Thor Odinson), Aresia.

Flash's boots and arm markings were made with electrical tape and Post-Its respectively, Cap's helmet wings and arm markings were made with medical tape, Deadshot's gauntlet guns were made from chopped up hand-cuffs which had binoculars super-glued on top, the League of Assassins member had his hood sliced open, Hugo Strange's head had a lightning shaped scar erased from it, Green Lantern's gloves had their control panels erased, Thor's boots were made with electrical tape, and finally, Aresia's torso had a neckline erased from it, and she also has been equipped third party vambraces and greaves (forearm and knee armor, respectively). 

Any questions about specifics, just let me know! Enjoy!

Forgot to mention Deadshot in the original description, fixed Flash's description, grammatical edit.

-We have visitors, boss.- "What, in the middle of my midnight snack? I've just warmed up this alphabet soup."-Who are you?- "I'm the thing you let loose."

The obscure Colonel Gumm from 1966's Batman show, and The Punisher.
Colonel Gumm's torso had a bit of print removed from the front via eraser, as did Punisher legs, hips arms, and head. As with the others, if you have any questions about specifics, just ask.

Has anyone tried making a Wonder Woman movie Ares figure with the head of a character that actor previously portrayed, maybe with the facial hair besides the mustache removed?  I was specifically wondering if such a helmet as is used in the movie, or something similar, even exists in Lego.

Edited by Silent Nomad

On 6/15/2017 at 3:27 AM, Silent Nomad said:

Has anyone tried making a Wonder Woman movie Ares figure with the head of a character that actor previously portrayed, maybe with the facial hair besides the mustache removed?  I was specifically wondering if such a helmet as is used in the movie, or something similar, even exists in Lego.  If not in armor, then maybe his suit would work as his outfit.

I haven't personally tried this, but

David Thewlis

the actor who plays Ares in the film, also played 

Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter film series.

There was a figure made of that character a few years ago, which can be seen here. (Linked image may contain spoilers. Open at your own risk.)

He is

a tad less mustachioed than Ares/"Sir Patrick Morgan", and also has a scar running through one his eyebrows,

so it might be a bit of a stretch, but I think that with the right mods, it could work.

As for the helmet and armor, we have this helmet (Again, linked image may contain spoilers. Open at your own risk.) that looks like it might do the trick, and I'm sure there's some armor combos out there that'll work.

I like your idea! My copy of said figure is a tad indisposed at the moment, and I'm not sure I want a permanent DCEU Ares, but I hope someone does this and takes pictures!

New hyperlinks, blocked out spoilers

I didn't say the actor's name or previous movie because I didn't want to spoil the reveal for anyone who sees this and hasn't seen WW, but that's the head I was talking about.  That snake head is a good suggestion, but I'm not sure the movie helmet looks like the skull helmet in the set.  I was gonna try to perfect the set's Ares when I get the set, but after seeing the movie I'm not gonna keep him built unless I make a figure version of him.

4 hours ago, Silent Nomad said:

I didn't say the actor's name or previous movie because I didn't want to spoil the reveal for anyone who sees this and hasn't seen WW, but that's the head I was talking about.  That snake head is a good suggestion, but I'm not sure the movie helmet looks like the skull helmet in the set.  I was gonna try to perfect the set's Ares when I get the set, but after seeing the movie I'm not gonna keep him built unless I make a figure version of him.

My apologies. The way it's written, your comment is a bit spoilery as well, so I thought it was just that you didn't know the actor's name or any previous movies, which is why I stepped in. :P

I've since edited my original comment, and I think you should too.

Edited for tone, meaning, and clarity