Sign in to follow this  
Conchas

www.TechnicBRICKS.blogspot.com

Hello,

my name is Fernando and nickame here is Conchas, as well as at some other Forums.

I'm a member of PLUG (Portuguese LUG), and use to participate actively onto PLUG Forum.

Somedays ago, decided to start a new project, which I'd like to let you, 'Eurobrickers' know!

I've created a Blog dedicated exclusively to the LEGO TECHNIC theme, and aim that it turns into a reference blog to the TECHNIC fans worldwide, in the medium term, as others do for instance in the MINDSTORMS and NXT arena.

Actually I'm posting some highligths to feed the interest, as we don't have fresh news everyday on this subject.

www.TechnicBRICKs.blogspot.com

Take a look, enjoy and bookmark it! ;-)

If by chance some TECHNIC enthusiast here, intends to participate more actively than just posting comments and help me to consolidate this project, please let me know by PM and maybe you turn into a TechnicBRICKs co-blogger.

Thanks and best regards,.

Welcome to EB.

Your site looks great - clean look and some useful info. I hadn't come across that ISOGAWA Yoshihito PDF before. I'll check that out for sure.

Couple of suggestions for content:

1) might want to consider a link to CS Soh's excellent info on pneumatics.

http://www.fifth-r.com/cssoh1/

2) might want to consider a link to Nicjasno. There is some good Technic stuff there.

NicJasno http://www.nicjasno.com/forum/index.php

Cheers.

Welcome to EB.

Your site looks great - clean look and some useful info. I hadn't come across that ISOGAWA Yoshihito PDF before. I'll check that out for sure.

Couple of suggestions for content:

1) might want to consider a link to CS Soh's excellent info on pneumatics.

2) might want to consider a link to Nicjasno. There is some good Technic stuff there.

NicJasnohttp://www.nicjasno.com/forum/index.php

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments!

I already new the great NicJasno website, which is one that will get one or more references in the days to come. His cars and pneumatic motors are just great!

The 'CS Soh's' is new for me and I will have a more detailed look for sure. Always learning!...

Fortunately, there are also others, like the amazing Jennifer Clark constructions :-| .

Didn't referenced them already, because this is a continuity project, and I do not want to exhaust all my hints, in one single day ;-) .

Also, need to decide what should go into the side menus or just get some reference posts.

Don't want to get never ending menus, full of entries, but need to think about it!

A very adorable project, and a very fine site too! :'-)

That information about Isogawa Yoshihito

Exellent site! Great to see another techinc fan on the boards! I will defenatly be keeping track of your blog!

Added a poll at TechnicBRICKs blog, in order to see TEHNIC fans opinion, about what seems to be the ubiquitous Yellow.

"After 30 years of first LEGO Expert Builder and then TECHNIC sets, aren't you tired of seeing YELLOW construction machines all the time?

Almost every TECHNIC set for Cranes, Dozers, Excavators, Backhoes, Loaders, etc... are made with what seems to be the ubiquitous yellow TECNIC brick/beam...

Personally would prefer that LEGO starts to design some of these machines in a more realistic (IMHO) color like orange.

No, don't think I don't like yellow, or the LEGO parts/sets in yellow, because I really like them too!

But it could now turn to be something like: Orange, Medium Orange or Bright Light Orange (BrickLink color name conventions). It would become also a start to get more bricks of a new color instead of more and more Yellow ones."

Go there, and leave your vote! :-) www.TechnicBRICKs.blogspot.com

Edited by Conchas