IGRION

[REVIEW] 75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack

If this didn't have the Star Wars logo it would barely get noticed. This is the most generic 'could be dumped in any theme' set I think I've ever seen

it has a speederbike in it, no? so clearly it must be a SW BP... :devil:

Those jetpacks are huge (but awesome)! New printed tiles! Why is there only a stud shooter on one side of the speeder bike? :wacko:

I personally think this is a really good battle pack, I mean yes the rebels are dressed like the ones from Battlefront and not how any are dressed in the films, but it increases variety and they're the rebels, so they're not going to all be uniformed. Also, unlike other battle packs this just has 4 regular soldiers. No special soldiers, no officers like the Hoth battle packs, just 4 regular soldiers which is absolutely fantastic for army building.

I'm not a fan of how big the speeder is, a lot of the Star Wars speeders lately have seemed huge but oh well.

I personally think this is a really good battle pack, I mean yes the rebels are dressed like the ones from Battlefront and not how any are dressed in the films, but it increases variety and they're the rebels, so they're not going to all be uniformed. Also, unlike other battle packs this just has 4 regular soldiers. No special soldiers, no officers like the Hoth battle packs, just 4 regular soldiers which is absolutely fantastic for army building.

I'm not a fan of how big the speeder is, a lot of the Star Wars speeders lately have seemed huge but oh well.

Too bad the FO and Empire BP's aren't 4 regular soldiers....

For reals. I mean, this speeder is like Luke's landspeeder big.

Too bad the FO and Empire BP's aren't 4 regular soldiers....

Well the Empire's BP at least gives us a black imperial cap and a very nice looking shocktrooper. FO BP would definitely be better with two FO stormies rather than having a riot trooper.

Well the Empire's BP at least gives us a black imperial cap and a very nice looking shocktrooper. FO BP would definitely be better with two FO stormies rather than having a riot trooper.

Riot trooper? Heavy Gunner.

Empire BP is fine, but FO BP needed another stormie in place of the crewman.

These battlepacks are frelling fantastic :) Battle-damaged stormies! Great for dioramas. Black Imperial Officer cap for technicians and Stormtrooper officers!

Riot trooper? Heavy Gunner.

Empire BP is fine, but FO BP needed another stormie in place of the crewman.

+1000

I like the black Imperial Officer cap so much that they could have filled the Empire Battlepack with 4 Friends minidolls and I'd still be happy as long as that cap was included. It was an excellent, unexpected choice for Lego to finally come out with that cap.

As for the battle damaged Stormies, I'm sure I'll find a use for them. Lego already came out with multiple versions of the Sandtrooper, so I plan to see if I can mix and match them to avoid the battle damage/dirt appearing uniform.

I like the black Imperial Officer cap so much that they could have filled the Empire Battlepack with 4 Friends minidolls and I'd still be happy as long as that cap was included. It was an excellent, unexpected choice for Lego to finally come out with that cap.

As for the battle damaged Stormies, I'm sure I'll find a use for them. Lego already came out with multiple versions of the Sandtrooper, so I plan to see if I can mix and match them to avoid the battle damage/dirt appearing uniform.

Yeah, that cap might definitely be the highlight of the set. And that's an interesting thought on mixing up the battle damage with the sand troopers.... that makes me a bit more optimistic about the stormies. :sweet:

The minifigs are OK, but those stud shooters got to go. Would it really have been too much to ask for four little lousy blasters. I mean c'mon LEGO. :sceptic:

Their uniforms are pretty close to how some of the Rebels looked in ROTJ, at any rate (the ones on the Falcon with Lando & Nien). Would've been nice to one of the new Tydirium helmets with the dark green band (or, to be even more different, a new version with a dark brown band!), but having the Hoth helmet in dark tan's still kinda interesting. They're also kinda dressed like the SpecForce Pathfinders in Marvel's Shattered Empire, like Kes Dameron, on a mission post-Endor.

The minifigs are OK, but those stud shooters got to go. Would it really have been too much to ask for four little lousy blasters. I mean c'mon LEGO. :sceptic:

I would pay an extra dollar for them to include 4 regular blasters too

If this didn't have the Star Wars logo it would barely get noticed. This is the most generic 'could be dumped in any theme' set I think I've ever seen

Yes, because Duros and rodians and speeder bikes are in every theme.

Yes, because Duros and rodians and speeder bikes are in every theme.

Not to mention jump packs....

BrickArms makes some cool weapons, but I personally prefer the Little Arms Shop stuff... I have over 600 of them ;)

I keep trying to buy some weapons from their website, but it won't load :wacko::sceptic:

I keep trying to buy some weapons from their website, but it won't load :wacko::sceptic:

It's really slow (dunno if it's their server or what) but it usually gets there. Then again, I'm in an unusual time zone compared with most of y'all :) There are a couple of Bricklink sellers that stock them too (Brick Takeover is one, from what I recall)

Totally agree. The best part is that now that the techs with the black hats will be readily available, I'll be able to order some separately to replace the dbg hats that I currently have on the techs that I already own, and then use the dbg hats to replace the old kepi hats on the officers! It's great.