Sign in to follow this  
legolegolegolego

Christmas Tree

I made a few improvements to the Christmas tree I entered in the raffle. I bought the plant flower stems some time ago for this project and the Xmas raffle was the impetus to finally build it!

23241787750_392e75ea49_c.jpg

This new part might make a rather nice topper when it is not decorated for the holidays:

19119.jpg

- Michael

Very nice Christmas tree! I really like the tree trunk, I must try to figure that one out. Unless you want to share how you did it ;)

Andy D

Very nice Christmas tree! I really like the tree trunk, I must try to figure that one out. Unless you want to share how you did it ;)

Andy D

Hello Andy - I am glad you like the tree. Assuming you are referring to the portion to which the flower stems are attached, it is based on a technique for column building from this Lego Creator video:

- Michael

Edited by legolegolegolego

Nice chainsaw topping! Good parts use. You could probably hang some baubles.. friends handbags haha. Did you get the stems from PAB?

Nice chainsaw topping! Good parts use. You could probably hang some baubles.. friends handbags haha. Did you get the stems from PAB?

Hello - yes, at the time, the stems were available on the PAB wall in the Lego store. I thought the chainsaw had a star-like quality to it too.

- Michael

Hello Andy - I am glad you like the tree. Assuming you are referring to the portion to which the flower stems are attached, it is based on a technique for column building from this Lego Creator video:

- Michael

Thanks, my first thought was something like that... However I never cease to be surprised by some building solutions I see. Some I can see ahead of time, and dome that cause a jaw-drop experience.

Merry Christmas,

Andy D

Hello - yes, at the time, the stems were available on the PAB wall in the Lego store. I thought the chainsaw had a star-like quality to it too.

- Michael

Stems are just so darn handy, it seems I get a few hands full every time I see them on the wall.

Edited by Andy D