All in the Reflexes

[LDD] [MOC] T-70 X-Wing

Hi there,

hijacking the topic of "All in the Reflexes", the LDD file of "Pcm979", the Wing Folding Mechanism of Mike Psiaki and some of the ideas of the other members replying to this topic i present a work in progress of the T-70 with a more durable Wing Folding Mechanism

23692366630_8c4745d0c6_b.jpgWings by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

https://www.dropbox....6_1900.lxf?dl=0

Edit: To lower the part count my PC had to handle, I changed to the TLG version of the Engine Intakes. Planning to change back to the design version of All in the Reflexes later

Best wishes

Sebastian

Edited by MoppeW40k

Hi,

Sorry for the double post. Surprisingly I had some time to edit the LDD file a little bit further.

I added and modified the original fuselage of "All in the Reflexes", his cockpit solution with part 4474 and the nose with landing gear of "Pcm979"

23693824550_5ec62f6f50_z.jpgAttack Position by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

Folds nicely into cruise mode

23361285544_c2a0da4337_z.jpgCruise Mode by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

I maybe pass the relay staff to someone else now ;-)

https://www.dropbox....6_2100.lxf?dl=0

Kind regards

Sebastian

Link to the LXF file would appreciate some tips to fix the nose or add the new one oh and have done my best to stop loose bricks.

Unfortunately, both of your T-70s have all of the loose brick issues that I've mentioned before, and the black one in particular- Somehow the nose is now in twelve unconnected pieces!

tlR0fBC.png

I- I have no idea how to fix that; I suggest you delete the black one, apply my loose parts fixes to the white one, copy and paste it, and recolour it.

I noticed two problems with your T-65 as well. On the backs of the wings, the parts I've highlighted in purple aren't connected to the rest of the ship:

XdQzOYC.png

There are multiple ways of fixing this, but the strongest way would unfortunately involve losing those black and white stripes on the wings.

SLbvfRw.png

Meanwhile, these parts on the nose don't attach properly. I don't know if that's a problem with LDD or not, and therefore I can't tell how to fix it.

GTtGBtz.png

Speaking of the nose, I can't help you with adding the new nose, because I didn't move the new nose to my old model; I redid all the alterations from the old model onto the new one.

Hi,

Sorry for the double post. Surprisingly I had some time to edit the LDD file a little bit further.

I added and modified the original fuselage of "All in the Reflexes", his cockpit solution with part 4474 and the nose with landing gear of "Pcm979"

Wow, I'm honoured that you added my alterations! I see you haven't been able to solve the loose parts problem on the nosecone; I'm starting to think that having a nice-looking folding front landing gear on this version of the model is impossible.

Speaking of loose parts- how on Earth did that become my specialty? :tongue: -I noticed that some of the rear blocks got loosened when you changed the wing mechanism.

Here's an unmodified one next to your modified one, with the wings removed so we can get them in the same shot. You can see that a 1x4 Plate is missing. Unfortunately, it won't fit without making some room.

ULIt5P1.png

You need to remove these parts:

ED2jLhA.png

And this part:

gTNreU9.png

Then it'll fit.

kvcPDIY.png

Luckily, cleaning up the resulting asymmetry is easy.

Unfortunately, both of your T-70s have all of the loose brick issues that I've mentioned before, and the black one in particular- Somehow the nose is now in twelve unconnected pieces!

tlR0fBC.png

Meanwhile, these parts on the nose don't attach properly. I don't know if that's a problem with LDD or not, and therefore I can't tell how to fix it.

GTtGBtz.png

Thanks for pointing out the loose parts and with the normal X-wing it is a LDD thing that stops those front parts from connecting and I will do what you suggested for the black one.

Hello again,

thank you for helping with the loose parts! The front landing leg was the next task (and i think the last for me) on the list. 6 hours into fiddeling i had the idea to move part 2413 backwards by one or two studs. 5 noses later ...

23445507013_681f2b3230_b.jpgNoses by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

i'm satisfied.

24046116516_7e013bb808_z.jpgLandingLeg by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

It retracts smoothly.

23989761201_f7f3fd7059_z.jpgRetracted by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

Anyone who wants to take a look:

https://www.dropbox....0_2300.lxf?dl=0

kind regards

Sebastian

Edit: To complete the mashup, i added "MilkPls69" wing stripes

Edited by MoppeW40k

After seeing what Moppew40k did with adding the new nose (which is some top notch work btw) I took his design and added the retro thruster design from the original T-70 that started this thread and I think I am finally happy with how it looks accuracy wise.

QNjpMaw.png

Not sure how it will hold up IRL but with a few bricklink orders I am sure we will find out!

Wow, I honestly thought that it couldn't be done! Great work!

On my Loose Parts Watch, your changes to the nose dislodged the pilot's console. It's an easy fix, though. Simply remove the highlighted parts and replace them with the assembly shown, which is just a 2x2 plate on top of a 2x2 brick:

4TdrAD8.png

There are also those parts you set off to the side, but I'm assuming that they're over there for a reason.

One thing I noticed while I was messing with your design is this detail around the Psiaki wing mechanism you added:

RlFNJ4h.png

I'm not familiar with the mechanism, so I hope you don't mind if I ask, is that enough clearance for them to open?

Hi there,

On my Loose Parts Watch, your changes to the nose dislodged the pilot's console. It's an easy fix, though. Simply remove the highlighted parts and replace them with the assembly shown, which is just a 2x2 plate on top of a 2x2 brick:

4TdrAD8.png

There should be a 1x2 plate in front of two red and yellow plates connecting to the headlight bricks in front. Thank you, i don't know that plate got missing.

There are also those parts you set off to the side, but I'm assuming that they're over there for a reason.

There are two reasons. When the wings are folded, part 42610 of the lower wings conflict withe a wedge plate (highlighted green in the next picture) of the upper wing. I think in real life there should be enough "wiggle room" that part 42610 can stay attached. I added them in the LDD file to not forget them while ordering the parts.

24087074625_c3d46f900e_z.jpgClosedWingsPartConflict by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

Second: there are three parts 6558 that will replace a long red technic axle on the real model in the wing folding mechanism. On previous versions of the LDD file i lay aside some parts in case i did not want a rear landing gear.

One thing I noticed while I was messing with your design is this detail around the Psiaki wing mechanism you added:

RlFNJ4h.png

I'm not familiar with the mechanism, so I hope you don't mind if I ask, is that enough clearance for them to open?

It has enough clearance. The parts you higlighted do not interfer with the opening of the upper wings.

23978964412_95e4ac061b_z.jpgOpenWingsTop by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

The parts that restrict the movement of the upper wings are not visible from the top. The movement is either restricted by some plates in the inner workings of the fuselage or these green highlighted tiles on the lower wings, time will tell on the real model ;-)

24004472711_6ffd8a7580_z.jpgOpenWingsBelly by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

BTW, I keep forgetting to ask: How exactly do the rear landing skids fold away?

The model is now with 100 percent more retractable rear landing gear, they did not retracted in the last version.

24004472291_b4bd36bd2c_z.jpgOpenWingsBellyLG by Dr John Zoidberg, auf Flickr

Great collab project! :thumbup: Hopefully this model can be built in bricks

Not sure how it will hold up IRL but with a few bricklink orders I am sure we will find out!

I hope so, too! I just placed my first order on Bricklink today for this project.

I truly admire and appreciate the teamwork guys! Awesome!

None of this could have happend without "All in the Reflexes" first releasing the LDD file of his MOC and all the others also releasing the modifications as LDD file. And on this bombshell: The last version of my LDD file ;-)

https://www.dropbox....1_1700.lxf?dl=0

Kind regards

Sebastian

Note on the LDD file: Anyone who finds a dark green tile 1x6. It should be a 1x6 plate, but LDD would not let me rotate the rear landing gear without a tile. But, the engine nacelle depends on a plate. In real life the retracted landing rear should snap in place, hold by on stud of the 1x6 plate.

EDIT: the console was not attached by my fix as i would have thought. It was still loose. Fixed LDD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7rg2392us50fz6/T-70%20XWing%20MOD_151231_1900.lxf?dl=0

Edited by MoppeW40k

I just noticed something none of us have even thought about.

Hi,

do you know any source material? I could not find anything on the internet.

greetings

Sebastian

Also, it's shown that a BB unit can enter the socket from the belly, like the N-1 starfighter.

Hi,

do you know any source material? I could not find anything on the internet.

greetings

Sebastian

Well, the source material for the two features described by atlas and Milkpls69 is THE source, the movie....

Edited by Dameronian

Also, it's shown that a BB unit can enter the socket from the belly, like the N-1 starfighter.

It can also shoot energy beams and fly. Some things just aren't going to be possible. Edited by Pcm979

I just reinstalled LDD version 4.3 on my iMac running OSX 10.11.

Every time I try to open LDD it gives the message "LDD cannot access the web server to retrieve new bricks. Do you want to run in offline mode? NO / YES".

This is strange as LDD shows that it has just downloaded 37 MB of new parts.

I have no firewall issues as far as I am aware of as every other program I use does work.

Unfortunately clicking Yes, to turn LDD in offline mode, does not help as the program automatically shuts down.

1. Does anyone here knows what's wrong?

2. Can someone post a pdf version of this T-70 XWING mod because I cannot wait to start building it.

3. Is there a T-65 XWING mod available from the samen builder? If yes, I would like to have the pdf for that one as well.

But best would be to have a working version of LDD on my machine....

Thanks!!!

Arjan

I've just been browsing this thread again. Good work, you lot. This collaborative x-wing is almost as pretty as mine!

One small thought for you all: with the Psiaki-style x-wings mechanism, you do NOT need to make one set of wings upside down. You can use some 180 snot in the lower engines (which have plenty of room inside them) and have both sets of wings the right way up. As an added bonus, you then no longer have the pesky issues with the wings having a half-plate-thickness gap between them.

If anyone is interested, I installed a new X-Wing cockpit on a Psiaki T-65, with a few modifications and additional greebling. It is purposefully angled to match the actual model. It gives you an idea how one would look on this magnificent T-70 design.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RenegadeClone/X-Wing/20151231_004730.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RenegadeClone/X-Wing/20151231_004806.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RenegadeClone/X-Wing/20151231_004839.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RenegadeClone/X-Wing/20151231_041511.jpg

Thanks for doing that Renegade, its good to see how it fits. I've ordered the canopy as well and am just waiting for my brick orders to come in so i can start building my design. Nice to see so many people take an interest in it :)

Just browsing through this thread and made me realise i really need to get my backside into gear. Many thanks for the LDD files, they'll come in handy for me, a total virgin to moccing stuff.

All the input from everyone on this thread is very impressive.