lightningtiger

City Square Home Hardware Store

I'm just waiting for Lego Ideas staff to approve this one but I might as well show it now.

2198371-o_1a53cvht71k711d4q1rt21eto10bb7-full.jpg2198374-o_1a53cvtu46i5o1h1gi7hb61qq6c-full.jpg

Since the feedback here on EB wasn't all that glowing on my previous builds I decided to ramp it up a bit while still trying to stick to maximise your minimums.

That means using less to say or do more, trying to keep costs down because I'm going on and off so well off in the cash flow department. :blush:

Anyway, I'll post a link to it's project page when it does pass.

Brick On everyone ! :classic:

Looks very neat. I like the mini-modular kind of feel mixed with trad Town building techniques.

The little slope/ramp up to the front door is particularly nice.

Cheers

Rog

Looks very neat. I like the mini-modular kind of feel mixed with trad Town building techniques.

The little slope/ramp up to the front door is particularly nice.

Cheers

Rog

Thanks 'rriggs', I actually used a real hardware store in the heart of Sydney.....when I was on holidays there years ago I drove past it and I thought that one day I would make my own version of it.

Brick On !

Gee, some of you might have been wondering where I have been or not ? :wink:

I just remembered to post this picture here to explain the how's and why's of this design.

2213087-o_1a62f02151lul64rbvrhkv1ns44-thumbnail.jpg

As you can see the hardware store is designed to butt up against the town square set's bike shop.

I'm designing shortly a telco store to go on the other side of the bike shop which will still allow the impression of a really big bike shop.

Keep watching and Brick On !