Anio

[MOC] UCS BB-8

Would surprise me as well, yet considered how long it has taken before R2 was made, I guess we never know :)

Still I'm curious whether the movie convinces me about the practical sense of this design. So far I don't see many advantages of such concept.

Well, a lot of Star Wars designs are created just because they look cool, and we accept them regardless. Even Artoo himself only makes a limited sense for his role; How's he supposed to carry out starfighter repairs when he's wedged into the ship up to his shoulderblades, with those tiny repair arms?

O7mQamY.png

They cut away from this shot before showing him doing any repairs. I think I know why!

Hello Anio,

i love your BB8 and supported you on Lego Ideas. Is it possible to get the instruction sometimes? (i would pay for it)

Sorry for the bad english.

Kind Regards Benni

supported you on Lego Ideas.

Not even close.

You won't ever find any of my designs on Ideas.

Is it possible to get the instruction sometimes? (i would pay for it)

When specs are available (for the sticker), instructions will be available for sale.

Hi,

Does anyone has a Star Wars encyclodia or something to find out what is manufacturer of BB-8 ?

It is Industrial Automaton for R2 units. But I am not sure it is the same for the BB units.

Thanks for your help.

Anio

I asked this question on the BB-8 Builders Club forum and got this response. I don't know if it is accurate, but -

BB is the moniker for Bothan Ball Droids, located on a secretive Homeworld few have ever seen. Rumors swirl about a nearly magical high tech manufacturing facility where the BB series is produced, but left inactivated until delivery. The units are powered on by their ordering purchaser and do not have any way to identify the location of their manufacturer. Repair sites are scattered across the Outer and Inner Systems in case of a need for parts.

The first few series of BB droids were not as successful but do make appearances in the Star Wars saga. For example, the black hemispherical BB-1 series droid in the sand crawler scenes on Tatooine, the flying BB-1.5 light saber trainer drone, and the far more sinister BB-2T Imperial Torture droid (which was a design iteration from the light saber training droid, rumored to be the last development cycle by the previous leadership of Bothan Ball before an internal build team staged a coup using their own iteration of BB technology).

Thanks you for all these explanations.

I made the sticker simpler and didn't mentionned the manufacturer. Problem solved.

st20.jpg

Btw, the instruction will be available in a couple of weeks.

Thanks you for all these explanations.

I made the sticker simpler and didn't mentionned the manufacturer. Problem solved.

st20.jpg

Btw, the instruction will be available in a couple of weeks.

Awesome about instructions being made. This is a great bb8.

hi Anio

Is there a link to the parts list of the BB-8 please so I can see how much it'll be on Bricklink before I order the instructions from you ?

Oh and are any of the parts not available in the colour needed or is everything available in unpainted Lego form ?

cheers

Raj

ps. the A-wing I made based on your instructions is great ! :) a really good build

Is there a link to the parts list of the BB-8 please so I can see how much it'll be on Bricklink before I order the instructions from you ?

Oh and are any of the parts not available in the colour needed or is everything available in unpainted Lego form ?

Everything is available. No painted parts.

The model costs a bit more than 300€.

I will announce the release of the instruction soon. Still some work to do.

ps. the A-wing I made based on your instructions is great ! :) a really good build

Thank you. :)

Régis

Hi there !

The instruction for the UCS BB-8 is now available. Frousmoul did it. It shows the modular design, the sticker, the part list, etc. Everything is in HD.

01.jpg

06.jpg

The instruction is sold 10€. You can however give more if you want to support or encourage our work.

To buy the instruction, you can PM me on Eurobricks, FlickR, or Youtube.

Still, the most convenient way to reach me is to send me an email at setechnic@gmail.com

I usually answers pretty quickly to emails.

I hope that people will appreciate having the UCS BB-8 next to their UCS R2-D2. :)

Anio

edit : video :

Hmm, I am having issues building Henrik's BB-8, its stability needs a lot of work. I wonder if I should do this given that I already have like 90% of the pieces...

That is awesome. I will definitely be getting the parts and the instructions for this. Looks amazing. Great job on the build. How many parts are used?

That is awesome. I will definitely be getting the parts and the instructions for this. Looks amazing. Great job on the build. How many parts are used?

Is there a way to get all the parts in a bricklinck basket?

Like, a bricklink list so that one does not have to look up every single piece and could order the entire list without having to wonder if they forgot to order a couple pieces?

I wonder how much it would cost to get it.

PS: I'm new, Brick Builder from Youtube brought me here :)

Edited by N0XX1S

2 hours ago, N0XX1S said:

Is there a way to get all the parts in a bricklinck basket?

Like, a bricklink list so that one does not have to look up every single piece and could order the entire list without having to wonder if they forgot to order a couple pieces?

I wonder how much it would cost to get it.

PS: I'm new, Brick Builder from Youtube brought me here :)

Hello!

1st off welcome to Eurobricks =)

You can go to http://rebrickable.com/  - Anio and many of the MOC builders upload the parts list there.

You download the parts list from the relevant MOC.

Example, if you go to my rebrickable account: http://rebrickable.com/mocs/dmarkng/ucs-tie-bomber

Click on Import/Export Options 

Then:   Export to  BrickLink (XML)

You will get the downloaded parts list which you have to open up.

Now on to bricklink: click on Want on the top right corner. It'll have a dropdown menu, click on Upload.

Then simply copy paste the downloaded parts list there, upload it to bricklink. 

Go ahead and buy to go through the list of buyers or use their automated search for all the parts list, etc etc.

Cheers!

Edited by dmarkng

Hi Anio - i need your email address for buying MOC instructions ?

alfierobertson@rocketmail.com (im the chap from e-bay) Asbestos123

Thanks 

Alf..............

20 minutes ago, asbestos123 said:

Hi Anio - i need your email address for buying MOC instructions ?

alfierobertson@rocketmail.com (im the chap from e-bay) Asbestos123

Thanks 

Alf..............

Anio's email address is setechnic@gmail.com as he mentions many times. :sweet:

Probably a bit late now but you have spelt Equipment wrong on the sticker , sorry not being a grammar Nazi and I know its not your first language but for display purposes I thought you might like to know.