Is it possible i can do some parts of the train loader? I will upload them when I'm finished.

You can do whatever you'd like! If someone else is already working on it, you might want to coordinate with them directly in order to avoid duplication of effort.

You can do whatever you'd like! If someone else is already working on it, you might want to coordinate with them directly in order to avoid duplication of effort.

I have the Train loader and unloader built. I typically shoot build instructions as video and upload to YouTube. I do love the PDF instructions that do come out. I hope to shoot and upload that as soon as I'm done the Lift Triggered by a Stuck Ball, which I just shot today. Let's see how the editing goes and how long the render takes. You can find it in my YouTube Channel once it's uploaded.

I have just showcased the Loader, Switcher and direction changer, Dumper as well as the mechanisms to allow two cars to be running on the same track and have them stop and go as tracks are cleared. I'll shoot the videos for that and upload them. I'm sure there are some VERY talented instruction designers here who could whip it up into a beautiful PDF!

Let me know if you need anything tested. :classic:

Great^^ you are always the great Rebricker!!!! I want to follow your re-engineered train modules^^

Just out of curiosity: does anyone here actually know Akiyuki? Either in person or having contact via the interwebs? This whole exercise, as awesome as it is, feels a tiny bit awkward without having him/her (?) involved, or at least aware... :classic:

Just out of curiosity: does anyone here actually know Akiyuki? Either in person or having contact via the interwebs? This whole exercise, as awesome as it is, feels a tiny bit awkward without having him/her (?) involved, or at least aware... :classic:

You could watch this documentary:

I don't know if he reads this EB topic.

Would be nice to see a reply from him here!

Edited by Theo van Vroenhoven

one of the reasons I think Rebricker, Blakbird, and the others are so 'ok' with this, is that the man himself, in the video, openly advocates that people attempt to copy others first - "That way you learn faster"

But on the flip side, it's one of the reasons he doesn't reveal everything.. as it does provide a *bit* of a challenge to anyone who does! :)

Edited by RohanBeckett

Chugging away:

640x435.jpg

Progress update

I'd estimate that this is about 20% of the build. The two other "triggers" are fairly similar to the first which is visible in the diagram. The other two are primarily variations on a theme.The trigger I have built is about 80% done - it needs the upper surface and horizontal rotating "finger".Once the triggers are done, next will be linking them to the "control panel". There is one link out of the six required showing in the picture above. This will be followed by some framework and brickwork. The floor and the superstructure at this stage look fairly straight forward.

Regards,

David

Sadly, I have no way of contacting him. I would love to have him personally involved in (or at least aware of) the project. As far as I know, he only uses YouTube, although the people who made the video obviously found him somehow.

One could try contacting him on youtube, of course. Given the obvious popularity of his videos, I'm not sure whether he would read all the comments, but I think I've seen him respond to some of them.

Reading YouTube comments results in a loss of all faith in humanity, so as a rule I don't do it. I'm going to assume Akiyuki is the same. He does also have a blog though, and he always replies there but it is all in Japanese.

Sadly, I have no way of contacting him. I would love to have him personally involved in (or at least aware of) the project. As far as I know, he only uses YouTube, although the people who made the video obviously found him somehow.

I have emailed him before and can email him with this thread to get his opinion on it. In the past he was always most concerned that he got credit as the original designer, which is COMPLETELY fair! He's told me he loves to build, not to make instructions. If 9v System wants to pass on the link to this thread, I think he would be pleased to see what a loyal following he has, and the see how many builders he has influenced, and inspired will really show how much we appreciate his work!

On another note: The Lift Triggered by a stuck ball is up on my YouTube Channel.

I have submitted the parts list to Rebrickable and just waiting for approval. The parts list I submitted was exactly the parts used in the video although I know it isn't all perfectly colour matched, and I know there are likely some small tweaks that will be made as the PDF instructions are put together by the brilliant BlakBird, if indeed this one inspires him as well. It works GREAT and always makes people wonder how it works once it's working. Another great conversation piece and not as tough a build as the others I've done.

Happy building all!

Reading YouTube comments results in a loss of all faith in humanity, so as a rule I don't do it.

Thank you for this post. Reading this just made my day. You nailed it!

Also I highly appreciate your efforts here although I am trying to stay off the hook with GBC...why is LEGO so addictive and expensive?

Happy building everyone!

You could watch this documentary:

That is so cool...! I envy his house :grin:

(I would love to get involved in GBCs, but I don't have any suitable balls. However, in the video, I got a glimpse of something that looks like a beam sorting device. Beams I have enough of :laugh: )

G%$ #@&% it. Thanks to Akiyuki, The Rebricker, and the rest of you &%$*ers, I've now caught the GBC bug and it is going to cost me a lot of time and money.

Enjoy!

I love you Blakbird. :wink: And everyone else working on this project Where have I been for the past 12 days?

Now all I need is someone to put together a set of instructions, a full set of parts and start selling them........ Anyone interested in a new business venture? Hello is anyone from TLG listening?

Edited by Chilly

However, in the video, I got a glimpse of something that looks like a beam sorting device. Beams I have enough of :laugh: )

I have initial plans on the Beam sorter, and I think I have most of the parts now. Perhaps I can make that my next project since it seems the GBC projects are being well supported now.

On another note: The Lift Triggered by a stuck ball is up on my YouTube Channel.

I have submitted the parts list to Rebrickable and just waiting for approval. The parts list I submitted was exactly the parts used in the video although I know it isn't all perfectly colour matched, and I know there are likely some small tweaks that will be made as the PDF instructions are put together by the brilliant BlakBird, if indeed this one inspires him as well. It works GREAT and always makes people wonder how it works once it's working. Another great conversation piece and not as tough a build as the others I've done.

Excellent, I'll get started on this one.

I would love to get involved in GBCs, but I don't have any suitable balls. However, in the video, I got a glimpse of something that looks like a beam sorting device. Beams I have enough of

He has both a beam and an axle sorting device which are purely mechanical (no Mindstorms). There are videos posted for each:

I have initial plans on the Beam sorter, and I think I have most of the parts now. Perhaps I can make that my next project since it seems the GBC projects are being well supported now.

That would be super cool, but if you felt like staying with the GBCs don't' forget about the ball cleaner! That looks like it would be an enormous challenge.

As a status update, I am currently collecting parts for the Cycloidal Drive, the Fork to Fork module, and the Tilted Rotors. I have draft instructions ready for each. When I have tested them and confirmed they work, I'll post the instructions. Expect them in the next couple of weeks. After that, I hope to have a PDF for the Lift Triggered by a Stuck Ball and I'm hoping the Basket Shooter will be in the pipeline as well. I'm also planning an update to the existing Cup to Cup instructions. Lots of work to do!

...if you felt like staying with the GBCs don't' forget about the ball cleaner! That looks like it would be an enormous challenge.

It does look like a fun build, however it uses an external compressor, which I don't have... I also don't have nearly enough pneumatic.... yet...

I do see your concern with the GBCs being important as tis is the Akiyuki GBC Project. There is also the Container Transporter which is also an EV3 set.

I'll see what I have parts to build. For the Beam Sorter, I have it pretty much fully designed in LDD< but need to build to confirm functionality. SOMETIMES I build in LDD as far as I can go first and then work out the kinks in real brick building. There really is no substitute to actually building to verify if something works, and is stable.

He has both a beam and an axle sorting device which are purely mechanical (no Mindstorms). There are videos posted for each:

Thanks for those! I think I see some holiday project coming...! :grin:

Edited by Ludo Visser

Excellent, I'll get started on this one.

I have worked on this one, (22 min completed in the entire 35 min)

As a status update, I am currently collecting parts for the Cycloidal Drive, the Fork to Fork module, and the Tilted Rotors. I have draft instructions ready for each. When I have tested them and confirmed they work, I'll post the instructions. Expect them in the next couple of weeks. After that, I hope to have a PDF for the Lift Triggered by a Stuck Ball and I'm hoping the Basket Shooter will be in the pipeline as well. I'm also planning an update to the existing Cup to Cup instructions. Lots of work to do!

Good news^^ and are you get the Spiral Staircase file?

Edited by jesuskyr

It does look like a fun build, however it uses an external compressor, which I don't have... I also don't have nearly enough pneumatic.... yet...

You can borrow my compressor. You have to have one to run an LPE anyway.

I have worked on this one, (22 min completed in the entire 35 min)

I have made about the same progress!

Good news^^ and are you get the Spiral Staircase file?

Yes, sorry that I forgot to mention that one. It is on my list as well.

You can borrow my compressor. You have to have one to run an LPE anyway.

Much like you didn't want to get into GBC, that's LPE for me. I know if I start it won't end... haha. A compressor is a gateway!

While borrowing may work, I doubt we are neighbours. What would be the odds of two technic enthusiasts being from the same place... Canada?

EDIT: WHOA! I just looked at your profile.... we ARE neighbours! I'm just north of you! Hope to meet you at BrickCan in April!

Edited by TheRebricker

Much like you didn't want to get into GBC, that's LPE for me. I know if I start it won't end... haha. A compressor is a gateway!

I have LPE-Power's V-8. Stop by and I'll show it to you. Addiction is inevitable. It's the least I can do to return the favor.

EDIT: WHOA! I just looked at your profile.... we ARE neighbours! I'm just north of you! Hope to meet you at BrickCan in April!

Paul Heatherington stopped by my table at BrickCon when he saw the Bucket Factory. Apparently the two of you are in the same LUG.