Ecclesiastes

Contest! The Frozen Beyond, Results are in!

Question: Does it have to be three builds or just three posts? Could I combine builds into one post?

Edited by Adair

This is about the GoH community, so not just about the prizes we have this time. So everyone is welcome, but you need to have at least three free-builds as well to have your entries to be eligible for this contest!

I assume that the freebuilds must be related to the Frozen Beyond/Algus story to count? Or is this just a threshold for new members who wish to join the challenge? (to avoid people simply joining GoH to get the tag with a few quick builds...?)

A time-starved father of two demanding children of course hopes that he can enter the challenge with only some challenge builds :wink:

Are any sort of prefix tags required, such as [The Frozen Beyond - Cat B] or something similar?

Sounds like a great tag to distinguish these posts.

And I guess [The Frozen Beyond - Freebuild] would also be good to use if the freebuilds need to be related to the Frozen Beyond/Algus story.

I'm certain he meant any freebuild, not just for the frozen beyond. This prevents people (I assume) from joining GoH just to enter and possibly win a prize and then never return to GoH. In other words he only wants people that have been a part of the community a little longer to enter/win.

That stinks that the contest takes place over the time in which i'll be moving.

That stinks that the contest takes place over the time in which i'll be moving.

Hahaha! I know whats that's like I just finished moving over the summer.

Hahaha! I know whats that's like I just finished moving over the summer.

Dang, that's terrible.

I don't know if i have made three free builds, but I have been a member since the beginning, can I still particapate? I have some great ideas for category B. Thanks!

Well, I guess it is time for me to finally join the GoH! Now, time to start building!

Edited by ridgekitten

Feels so good to be back building, thanks Ecc for this challenge! Here's a WIP snapshot/teaser from the ongoing trial-and-error fig posing going on at present. Some detailing on the ground is also still missing.

23035815904_a22245c7b6_z.jpg

I've also got a creature for cat B built, but its still missing some ground.

Still a bit blocked on how to do the unexpected weather though, but I'll have to make a try because that tag is too sweet to not go for :wink:

The solution is already built and photographed at least, but I'll have to leave that for last I think since it will conclude the small story arc in my builds for this challenge.

A question however: Is it confirmed that the 3 free-build rule is only for non-GoH veterans, or do we all need to build an additional 3 free-builds during the challenge time?

Edited by Gideon

A question however: Is it confirmed that the 3 free-build rule is only for non-GoH veterans, or do we all need to build an additional 3 free-builds during the challenge time?

Looking good, Gideon! I too have a creature ready, but needs a setting for it.

I am pretty sure it just means you have to have completed at least 3 freebuilds for historica in total. That way, only people who are/have been/start being active in the Guilds will be able to participate.

Category C entry: AppleCalypse Now!

... which means I am done!

Actually Cat C was a bit difficult to achieve. The goal was to show how the Algus change the weather AND how they are defeated.

I don't think that can be depicted well in a single MOC. This is why I have included the weather change in my Cat A entry and have focused on defeating the Algus in Cat C (although they brought their portion of snow with them).

As Captain Braunsfeld already said, it was difficult to put all the category C requirements in one build. So I did three small builds who should work as one big entry. If that's against the rules, feel free to disqualify me. I had a lot of fun building this anyway :laugh:.

Here's my entry for category C:

How to solve the Algus-Problem

Edited by Simon_S

Category B entry posted!

23128690544_0fc377627a.jpg

Edited by Gideon