1. 1. Who is your favourite leader?

• Captain Roger/Redbeard
    • Captain Ironhook
    • Governor Broadside
    • Admiral Woodhouse
    • King Kahuka
    • Captain Brickbeard
    • The Governor

Captain Ironhook got my vote. Just look at him--no fancy dress, just a knife--he's all about business. He's got tenacity and the willingness to get dirty.

Besides, of the leaders in the poll, he's got the least to lose. You should always fear the man who has little or nothing to lose...

Captain Ironhook got my vote. Just look at him--no fancy dress, just a knife--he's all about business. He's got tenacity and the willingness to get dirty.

Besides, of the leaders in the poll, he's got the least to lose. You should always fear the man who has little or nothing to lose...

That doesn't make him a great leader, just desperate. Still, good to see him get a vote. He did come along late in the game, which was a particularly difficult time for real pirates, so that earns him some respect. *y*

It's definitely govenor Broadside. Although there are pirates everywhere they serve different pirate captains. There are more Blues than reds soldier wise, and the blues are commanded by Broadside.

Hence forth, Broadside is the mightiest. *y*

That doesn't make him a great leader, just desperate. Still, good to see him get a vote. He did come along late in the game, which was a particularly difficult time for real pirates, so that earns him some respect. *y*

Ah--the thread is mightiest leader, the poll was labeled "favorite".

In that case, it's obvious--the mightiest leader is the whoever has the most rum. :-$

broadside all the way :-P in lego racers, the red admiral is called broadside though...

I thought captain iron hook was the battle damaged, stranded version of captain redbeard...

TT

I voted for King Kahuka; in terms of relative power, being the king of a society beats being the governor of a backward colony administered by an indifferent, far-off bureaucracy. That said, I do have a soft spot for Broadside, as he's the very model of the modern major-general.

I voted for King Kahuka; in terms of relative power, being the king of a society beats being the governor of a backward colony administered by an indifferent, far-off bureaucracy. That said, I do have a soft spot for Broadside, as he's the very model of the modern major-general.

You managed to get the song stuck in my head. Accordingly, it's only fair to do it to others!

I am the very model of a modern Major-General,

I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical

From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,

I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,

About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,

With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;

I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:

In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's;

I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,

I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,

In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous;

I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,

I know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes!

Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore,

And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.

Then I can write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform,

And tell you ev'ry detail of Caractacus' uniform:

In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin",

When I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle[*] from a javelin,

When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,

And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat",

When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,

When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery

I still don't own a Broadside, so Woodhouse it is :-P

Did anyone vote for Bone Nose or Ginger Nut? :-P :-P :-P

I have voted Captain Roger/Redbeard.

I love the design of this character....really smart, and cool. A great pirate design...and he is the captain of the GREAT SES. He has got two important bases(Skull Island and RIR).

My second favourite is Admiral Woodhouse. He is a cool minifig too. I prefer Woodhouse to Broadside because i prefer red to blue...Imperal flagship has much better design that Caribbean Clipper, and Imperial Trading Post is bigger that Eldorado Fortress. However, i Know a Governor is more important than an admiral.

I don't like Ironhook so much. Roger is Smart, with good black clothes and brown eppaulettes, but Ironhook has broken clothes, and it seems to be a loser, even Roger seems to be a powerful and dangerous pirate.

King Hakuka...well, i don't like Islander sub-theme.

It could always be argued from his appearance that Ironhook is a fighter and a survivor... so there's a plus for him.

Woodhouse over Broadside any day though, I'm with you... and let's be honest... who's gonna vote for fright face in a grass skirt :-P

Hmm...

I don't really like the Imperials but I'd choose Woodhouse over Broadside 'cos I prefer red to blue!!! :-D Then again, the Armada Captain tops it for me...but where is he?!

Redbeard or Ironhook...I'll go for IRONHOOK!!! The greatest, most terrible, utterly savage, strongest, meanest, leanest, brutalist, jaw-gnashingly diabolicalest, scurviest, yarrharrharriest, blood sucking pirate ever to roam the high seas! He beats Redbeard simply because he appeared later...the demoted and battle-scarred version, perhaps? I like him more for the knife and the sheer coolness of his rags. Redbeard is ponced up in his 2 huge ships and multiple hidey-holes.

Kahuka, Ironhook's second arch rival...fearsome yet great but worth his weight in Lego gold...yet he fails to pluck the captain's cat hat from Ironhook! >:-)

Kahuka. He's a great leader, and unfortunately he always seems to get the short end of the-

...err...

... "tribal walking stick?"

Kahuka is a hidden leader. Though he hasn't a boat, nor a huge base to live with, he managed to cope with islands and to respect the wilderness around him. In wars, he had no cannons, so he must train his warriors to be at their physical zenith. Javelins, bows and such adorn his army... and in my opinion, it takes much greater skill to use a bow over a rifle. He is smart enough to keep to himself (he and his islanders just want some peace to build up their civilization/worship their gods) and knows that it takes more than a blockade of soldiers or an ambushing crew of pirates to win a battle. Unlike Lazy Ol' Broadside, he consistantly defends alongside his men, and he seems to be the only general who knows that sometimes violence isn't the only answer.

"No violence" doesn't cover vollies of poisoned arrows striking down hundreds of men from out of the bushes.

Nice hat.

Oh, you also missed out Ironhook's evil twin - the one with 2 legs and a different face...he does put paid to the thought that Ironhook is just Redbeard's shipwrecked self... :-$

Drink up me hearties, Yo Ho!

It has gotta be Red beard! Partly because he is the only leader I have but also, he well, just emulates power, with his fancy peg leg, his hook hand and fancy hat! What more do you want in life?? :-D

I voted for Admiral Woodhouse. When making decision I first split it down between the soldiers-guards and the pirates-islanders. I opted for the soldiers & guards because I always liked uniformity. :-$ So then it was the choice between Imperial Guards or Soldiers, and I debated, coming to the conclusion that while Broadside had possibly the greatest fortification, Woodhouse had control over commercial investments, and I think that was the deciding factor for me.

Admiral Woodhouse, because they chose him as a replacement for Governer Broadside, but he has less troops at his disposal, so those troops must be powerfull (as in: 1 Impirial guard could take on 2 Imperial soldiers).

If my memory serves me well:

Admiral Woodhouse > Governor Broadside (Because he was his replacement)

Redbeard > Governor Broadside (He caused him to be replaced)

Kahuka > Ironhook (The pirates of Ironhook where constantly trapped/imprisoned by the Islanders)

Can't decide on whos'2nd best though.

A strong leader is a necessity to lead the men into victory so which of the following Pirate Theme leaders do you think does it best?

Vote now and tell us your reasons!

Captain Roger/Redbeard

Captain_Red_Beard_with_Skull.jpg

Captain Ironhook

Pirate_Shirt_with_Knife.jpg

Governor Broadside

Imperial_Soldier_Governor2.jpg

Admiral Woodhouse

Imperial_Guard_Admiral.jpg

King Kahuka

Islander_King_Kahuka.jpg

King kahuka rocks no matter what. The Islanders are awesome.

I think Kahuka is the best since I bought Lego Racers :pir-blush:

"I will beat you and then I will play tribal drums... U ka ka U!!!"

King Kahuka in Lego Racers :pir-wink:

Admiral Woodhouse obviously though that is influenced by a childhood memory of the catalogue stating he was sent out to the Caribbean as Governor Broadside was lazy and incompetent

I've always been partial to Ironhook myself. I also prefer him with both his legs, so he's less of a Captain Redbeard recolor. Dude was easily the most badass looking. He had island fortresses and dared to fight with just a torn blouse and a knife!