Henrik Ludvigsen

DB 103 wagons/carriages - 4 different

2169113-o_1a33j7vvmdnffdt1iqu182b1mk2e-full.jpeg

We proudly present: 4 in 1 wagons/carriages for the DB 103 Class locomotive

If the project becomes an official LEGO Ideas set, you can choose to build each of 1 of the 4 different wagons/carriages you would build. If you want to have all 4 running on your train tracks on the same time - you must buy 4 boxes.

You can build:

- 2 different passenger wagons/carriages

- 1 restaurant wagon/carriage - 'Speisewagen'

- 1 panorama wagon/carriage

See all the details in the pictures. And please remember to take a closer look at the locomotivehttps://ideas.lego.com/projects/102291 - a suitable locomotive for pulling these wagons/carriages.

The iconic DB Class 103 was the reference to one of the most beloved LEGO trains sets 7740. Our goal is to have this new version become a real LEGO product, but it is by far the only goal of this project.

In 2013 the RLUG Danish ”Byggepladen” achieved a Guinness World Record for longest plastic toy train track. 4,000.25 meters (13,124 ft 2 in) all done in old blue LEGO train tracks. Danish Lego enthusiast Henrik Ludvigsen was the man behind the project, and now he and Byggepladen is going to go even further. Actually 10x further.

42,195 meters (138435 ft 15/32 inches) = 329,718 LEGO train tracks

The iconic marathon distance has been covered by athletes all over the world, but to build the tracks out of LEGO train tracks is a daunting task. The first hurdle is the 329,718 LEGO tracks that are needed, and this is where you can help by supporting the DB Class 103 project.

If the DB Class 103 project reaches 10,000 supports and becomes a LEGO Ideas model, the 1% of the total net sales will be used to purchase the LEGO tracks and make this record become a reality. If the project never becomes a reality the 1% will be donated to UNICEF.

We are planning to make the new Guinness World Record in the summer 2017.

The wagons/carriages is designed by Lars Mogensen - a member of the Danish RLUG "Byggepladen". The wagons/carriages are build using about 600 LEGO bricks.

These are really well designed. I really hope at least the locomotive makes it, it's only 16 away from 1000. I look forward to seeing these in stores in the next year or so, hopefully.

Nice. What is the purpose of the pantograph on one of the cars? Is it to power the kitchen?

Nice. What is the purpose of the pantograph on one of the cars? Is it to power the kitchen?

It was used to power the train wagons when no locomotive was attached. Was only used when parked.

Hope this answer your questions.

We have just passed 1.000 supporters - this is my message to all on LEGO Ideas:

It is not possible for me to express my deepest feelings for all the supporters. 1.000 supporters - wow. Thank you all.

I have made a agreement with LEGO - we are gonna use 330.000 tracks for the record. It is not possible for us to pay for the that.

Therefore we are allowed to invite all recognized members of an official LUG to participate in a TRACKBULK - you will be able - through your LUG - to buy tracks at a very special price. All the tracks will be delivered to me, used for the record attempt, then packed and shipped out to all the recognized LUGs.

Hope you still will be supporting this crazy project - but if someone can do this... is it us.

Thanks all of you

Henrik

Edited by Henrik Ludvigsen

Congratulations, it just passed 1,000 supporters. :laugh: Soon it should be getting it's 6 month extension, if any time's to blast and spam the media for these projects, it's now. Contact your local news station, online publications, social media, and post it to various subreddits, where the right title and subreddit can mean thousands of views in less than a day. I can't wait for this to make the reviews in the next year, but it all depends on marketing.