Rick

Expand the Winter Village Contest VI

Another question, does our model necessarily have to be a building? I am working on/may have already built a small park scene, would that work?

Edited by Trainmaster247

Another question, does our model necessarily have to be a building? I am working on/may have already built a small park scene, would that work?

Your choice, as long as it fits in with the Winter Village sets so far. Check out the entries for other years to see the types of creations people entered.

Photos of your creation can be manipulated with Photoshop for levels, proportions and color correction but may not include graphic enhancements.

Can I draw a background on paper, or background should be white? Is night scene allowed?

Edited by Jellyeater

A quick question, is there a possibility of any tags in this contest?

Who knows.

Can I draw a background on paper, or background should be white? Is night scene allowed?

Nope, just a plain background. The idea of that rule is to not allow any background effects, drawn or digitally rendered.

When it says no cutting pieces, does that include not cutting 3mm flex tube and 4mm pneumatic tubes?

Whatever TLG does in official sets is fine.

Would I have to have been a member by the time this contest was announced to join? :look:

Nope. For voting we typically do impose that restriction though.

Whatever TLG does in official sets is fine.

I am a bit confused by this. From what I can tell, LEGO used to require you to cut your own pneumatic tubes, so I am fine with that, but I am not sure about 3mm hose. Does this mean I can cut it to lengths that LEGO produces?

Basically, you're free to cut the 3mm hose to the length you need. LEGO provided 2 32 stud black hoses in 10183 Hobby Trains that were meant to be cut to whatever length the particular model you decided to build required.

Dan-147

Edited by Dan-147

Basically, you're free to cut the 3mm hose to the length you need. LEGO provided 2 32 stud black hoses in 10183 Hobby Trains that were meant to be cut to whatever length the particular model you decided to build required.

Dan-147

Thanks!

My entry is part of a larger MOC. Can I make a new post, not part of the contest, to get feedback on the completed larger MOC without violating contest rules.

My entry is part of a larger MOC. Can I make a new post, not part of the contest, to get feedback on the completed larger MOC without violating contest rules.

Yes, you can.

can I enter this contest with my Winter Village MOC? It is kinda parody ;) mix of city and star wars - http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=117816

Because of the "theme" it doesn't really fit the rest of the Winter Village series. However, it shouldn't be too hard to modify it and enter it in the competition.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Just to be sure - if I mod it I won't break rule "Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously)"?

Edited by Kalais

Just to be sure - if I mod it I won't break rule "Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously)"?

The rule is in place to stop people from recycling old MOCs. As long as it's a recent MOC, first posted online after the start of the contest, I don't see the harm in modifying your creation to fit the theme of the contest better.

Cereal-Guy-Spitting.jpg

Those prizes! :wub:

Not many people have entered this week besides me. Maybe this year the contest started a little too early? :tongue:

Edited by CM4Sci

Wow! Those prizes are super generous! I'm glad I've been working on mine! It's almost ready!

Thanks Eurobricks and prize-supplyers.

Hello, my question is - in case of victory, to which countries can you send the prize? To be more precise - is it neccessary to live in the EU, or you can send it to any country?