mnpumar

[MOC][WIP] Model Team 5571 With Trailer + Instructions

INSTRUCTIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3juzujlb27fqpgw/remorque_5571.rar?dl=0

vChfriK.png

I have been looking for a 5571 at the right price for a long time, and i finally found one. I have also been collecting parts for the trailer pictured above. To my knowledge, and according to my source of the instructions, nobody has ever built this trailer before. In this thread I will share my progress on building them both.

After waiting over a month for my 5571 to arrive from Germany to the US, it finally came yesterday: :classic:

ZJypRAy.png

I found the instructions for the trailer here: http://www.eurobrick...1

Unfortunately the post is several years old, but I messaged the original poster and I was lucky enough for him to respond with the instructions! The trailer is going to be huge, and requires 1628 parts, with 122 unique parts/colors. The instructions I was sent were actually a series of images, and I had to try and find all the correct part numbers on rebrickable before placing my orders. This was a long task and it took quite some time:

zaWOmJL.png

After much time manipulating different inventories from sellers on bricklink, I placed all my orders and parts have started to arrive! The 1x2 tiles with the grille pattern seem to be pretty rare. They only came in one set many years ago, and I got very lucky finding sellers with enough of them when I placed my orders. I think I am now the only person with 18 of them.

cgKypgE.png

I am waiting on 3 more orders before I get started on the build. I will keep this post updated :classic:

Edited by WhiteFang
Update of topic title

I'm very curious to see the finished combination :classic:

What are the pneumatic parts for?

It appears that the inventory is not only for the trailer, but also includes part of the truck; is that intentional? For example, I see 10 wheels (only 4 on the trailer), a black cat (hood ornament for the truck), and more large arches than I can see on the trailer.

Great observations. There is actually a button on the top of the trailer which you can push to lower the 2 stands in the front of it. That's what the pneumatics are for.

The first part of the instructions involves slightly modifying the back of the 5571 and replacing the tires. That's where the arches are used. My guess is that the tires were replaced with the slightly smaller more common ones for cost savings

Edited by mnpumar

Do you want to share the building instruction with us, so we also can enjoy it? :grin::excited:

Sure, I can post them later if enough people are interested

I also collected the parts for that trailer years ago but never built it (I had extra wheels)

I would love to see the road train version!

An update: I am waiting for 3 more bricklink orders and Lego pick a brick to arrive. 1 is supposed to come today.

I also scored a partially complete 5571 set for very cheap at auction and it looks to have at least 5 of the wheels and tires so I will try to also use the original size wheels with the trailer and compare how it looks.

I will start building the 5571 set either tomorrow or Saturday and post some build pics!

The only modifications I made were to remove the grey side skirts since those really aren't american (or weren't at the time I collected and now they are filled in usually), and I built the refridge unit out of metallic silver parts.

200 isn't a bad price for a 5571 carcass but if you really want to be jealous check out ebay.de. Those guys get 5571's for 50-100 complete.

The only modifications I made were to remove the grey side skirts since those really aren't american (or weren't at the time I collected and now they are filled in usually), and I built the refridge unit out of metallic silver parts.

200 isn't a bad price for a 5571 carcass but if you really want to be jealous check out ebay.de. Those guys get 5571's for 50-100 complete.

Do you have any pictures? I'm curious to see how yours turned out.

What's the 200 price in response to? I'm confused by that part of your post

I never built it....parts are sitting in a box.

You mentioned winning an auction for some extra 5571 parts and the only auction in the US was for 200 that included the 5 wheels you mentioned. I just assumed it was this (you can find the real price it sold for by sorting the sold items list by price).

I never built it....parts are sitting in a box.

You mentioned winning an auction for some extra 5571 parts and the only auction in the US was for 200 that included the 5 wheels you mentioned. I just assumed it was this (you can find the real price it sold for by sorting the sold items list by price).

That's not the one :) I paid much less than that but it looked a lot more incomplete.

I'll have some pictures to update you guys tomorrow. I had to wash all the parts in my set because the original owner was a smoker and they were stinky and dirty :(

As I said in the previous post, the parts in my 5571 set were dirty and smelled pretty bad because I think the previous owner was a smoker. So I spent a few hours yesterday cleaning and drying them.

Now they look and smell new again :classic:

QpFVyWJ.jpg

I started the build but didn't get too far last night since washing the parts took so long and it was getting late. Here's where I stopped:

f2dSKlt.jpg

I also received more parts for the trailer. Here is the current bin of parts. It's quite huge:

3U1PpUf.jpg

I'll post another update at the end of the day with my progress on the build :classic:

Sure, I can post them later if enough people are interested

I'm interested on the instructions too. Some time ago I would download them, but the link seems to be broken....

Greetings

Alex

I'm interested on the instructions too. Some time ago I would download them, but the link seems to be broken....

Greetings

Alex

Sure, I will post it on rebrickable with the parts list some time in the next few days. I would love to see other people build it as well

All my parts have arrived and I have started building the trailer. :classic: This thing is going to be massive! Here's a comparison next to the 5571 and ultimate 42009:

iRdn2bL.jpg

What about the tires? the are very expensive isn't it?

But definitely looking cool…I love this set!!!

I did find a partially complete 5571 set at auction that i won for around $100 which has all the tires so I'm good there. The original instructions for the trailer seem to actually replace all 10 tires with the smaller cheaper ones but I'm going to try both and see how they look. I'll post pictures for comparison with the smaller and larger tires.

Nice and shiny again...better... :-)

Hi! Very happy to see you on my thread since you are the master of Lego semi trucks :) I'm a big fan of your MOC's, the attention to detail is quite amazing.