Vader

New City Set Pics for 2008

It really looks like the last police truck we had a few years ago, that even had a bike in it. These 2 new sets are a real step backwards if you ask me.

i'm digging the ATV!! woohooo... baywatch police in patrol!!! X-D

the surveillance truck is cool too. terrorists watch out. the fbi police are on to you. :-D

I am not crazy about that police plane. Now, I love the new plane hulls in the Passenger Plane and Airport, I think they look very realistic and very nice (my brother's got the Passenger Plane). But for smaller sets like this Police Plane, that hull is just way too big. As many said, the proportions are off. If you look at a police plane, you'll see that all of it is significantly smaller than passenger planes. A policeman would be nuts trying to fly something that big. Good idea, but they really needed to build this one out, I think, or probably create a smaller hull. It is just way too big for its wings and for its purpose.

That truck looks nice, though; a police blockade, it appears to be. Nice design, not too bulky nor <insert that tiresome argument>. I like that they included those blockade extras. I don't really collect city, but the second set looks a lot better than the plane.

Final Equation

Big Planes+New Hull=Superb

Small Planes+New Hull= No Comment

VK

Edited by Visorak-kal

I belive the planes should be red for the firefighting one ... i don't like the police version...

As for the truck...why is it blue??!?! Will there also be an black and white version??

It really looks like the last police truck we had a few years ago, that even had a bike in it. These 2 new sets are a real step backwards if you ask me.
ya, i went and had to take a second look at the world city surveillance truck because though i don't own it, i remember liking it more than this...

7034-1.jpg

but now, after taking a second look, i like them both about the same... which is not very much.

the thing i don't like about the new truck is the front end, i don't like that wedge plate. and i don

oh my god these sets are crap :-X please please please make them go away.

Hmm, neither is taking my fancy particularly. They're not terrible, I quite like the design of the plane, and the truck is cool, but I wouldn't buy either simply because I'm sick of Police.

On the other hand, if the Police Station is OK I would pick up one of those. Also I'm definitely picking up the large Cargo Plane.

im so happy these are crap!!!! *sweet*

now i wont have to buy them!!! :-D

more money for me...less money for TLC!

WTF is wrong with TLC !! Seriously, that is just the world City set but bigger, crappier and more expensive !! with a crap tower :-X >:-(

TLC seems to take the only good designers they have for licensed sets and Castle :-| Why oh why screw city like that ??

I hope these don't sell so they learn !!

Tks mate, awaiting the next shitty set |-/

*yoda*

I don't like the truck if it uses a one-piece-trailer...

The plane... well, looks like the the only big moulded pieces are the nose and the tail... so it could be worse ^^

im so happy these are crap!!!! *sweet*

now i wont have to buy them!!! :-D

more money for me...less money for TLC!

May I say it... BRILLIANTLY SAID! Ok, I still won't get the cop chopper or the trailer :-X unless the chopper comes with a whole SWAT team fully armed and armored. No SWAT team, no buy... My Ghosts will need to rely on my MTT for now. No, I don't care if it's cramped, it was built for droids! X-D

The police truck is using the low-level train base as a hull. That's a big thumbs up from me, since I thought that piece had been retired. I also like the roof of the tractor, and the small building is nice too.

I'll be getting the truck, but I'll also be redesigning it so it will look more like the other trucks, there's too much going on at the front of it.

Knowing it's also a preliminary picture, I do hope TLC replaces the blue stickers with black ones (alternatively with green "Polizei" stickers, like they've done the last years), just so it will fit in with the older stuff.

Vader: Where did you get these pictures? Or did you force-choke someone to hand them over to you? (And do you have any more. More specifically, the new police-station?)

Edited by Freddie

I'm surprised at the reaction to the new police trailer. I think it looks just fine, and it looks like there's a lot of detail and acessories packed in. The tower may be a bit dumb, but it looks like it has some useful parts in it. Overall, I like it. :-)

The plane on the other hand is CRUD. Sure, the floats and wings have good designs, but they can't change the fact that the giant passanger jet hull looks ridiculous here. Definate *n* from me.

I am afraid I dislike the truck and trailer just as intensely as the plane... Nice to see a trainbase used though, but I can always find those on bricklink...

No trailer for me, also because I own a trailer that is of pure beauty, behold:

6348-1.jpg

That is the way I like it! *wub* (never thought I could find good use for that emoticon in this thread)

Well, while I hate the plane,and I generally dislike police sets, and I am generally a grumpy guy that has not been very enthused about many of the sets that people have liked this year, etc, I feel obliged to defend the truck.

There are lots of good parts. Look at the big white doors in the back, and especially front, of the truck. Lots of white bricks, big windows.... Hardly a useless part in the set.

It will be overpriced, I am sure, but it's not a bad set at all IMHO.

these sets look ok but I dont think I would buy them because there are so many other sets I want to buy next year. The plane is a little too <insert that tiresome argument> in my view and I dont even know if the police use water planes! lol the van is quite nice aswell yet I got the last one and the two are very very similar. I was really hoping for a black and white colour shceme for these new police sets but I guess I will have to wait.

Thanks anyway for the pics Vader! *y*

I don't think I've ever said this before but that plane is AWFUL.

Why do the Police need something the size of an airliner?

And those new Police logos better not be blue...I've just upgraded the entire Tabletown PD to use current equipment all with the black Police logo...

Dr. S.

Dun dun dunnnn........ Dare i say........

I like them both! Now granted, there not perfect, but what what set is? See, the problem is you guys need to see the potential in these sets. Me personally, i like the new airplane hulls. I'm really looking forward to the new cargo plane.

I'll admit that the new police plane is alitttle out of proportion, but i think it has alot of potential. While i was hoping for a more differnt survailce style truck sine it basicly looks aolt like the last one, itlooks to have alotof nice details. I'll wait to pass full judgment intill i see better pics of the airplane.

Also, for those that don't see a need for police to have aircraft, there used alot for traffic enforcment. They fly over freeways and nail the speeders. They then call down to ground units,and they give the speeders tickets.

Here is another comparison:

7034-1.jpg

7743.jpg

I don

besides, why would you wanna have a police truck this size in your town? :-|

Well...

The plane is ugly! It looks out of proportion with those big passenger plane! But the idea was great...

The truck is not very nice too! Maybe for a partpack (big windows...), it will depend on the price...

The worth thing about this new police line is the colourscheme... Why are they using some blue? I mean, if they wanted to change the colour, ok, but change it totally! And not mixe white/blue with white/black! So crappy!

Just hope that the other city sets will be as good as in 2007!

Maybe it's because of the '07 sets, which are very very good, that we are expecting a so hight level design...

I didn't wanted the Indian Jones sets because of my wallet, but if all the city sets are like that, I will buy the Indy line :-D !

My last hope for the city line is the mail sets and the CC series...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BLUE STICKERS!!!!!! Now i can do Australian Police Cars looks like im one of the only happy people about the colour change :'-) *wub* :'-) *wub* And since none of you like it there will be more for me :-D ;-)

Edited by Darth_Legois_619