Vader

New City Set Pics for 2008

Ok guys heres the first look (i believe) of a new police plane for 08, enjoy.

7723.jpg

Edit by Hinckley: Just adding all of the pics to the first post so they are all in one place and easier to find.

7741.jpg

7733-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7733-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

7743-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

5611-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

5610-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

5612-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7732-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

5613-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7732-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7733-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

7731-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

7734-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7734-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

Edit by Hinckley: Coast Guard

7739.jpg

7738.jpg

7737.jpg

7736.jpg

7726.jpg

2230-1.jpg

coastguardcopter.jpg

01.jpg

Edit by Sinner: Coast Guard

....and more here! *sweet*

2276567768_c0811a57e0_d.jpg

2275764995_b42e7cb27b_d.jpg

Thanks to whung for pointing this out:

11080223981411_412_m.jpg

Promo sets:

4897 Police Trike

4897.jpg

4898 Coastguard Boat

4898.jpg

4900 Fire Helicopter

4900.jpg

5626 Coastguard Bike (I like it!)

5626.jpg

2008cityimpulse.jpg

Thanks to metalandi and copmike:

7739-0000-xx-13-1.jpg7739-0000-xx-33-1.jpg 7739

7738-0000-xx-13-1.jpg7738-0000-xx-33-2.jpg 7738

7726-0000-xx-13-1.jpg7726-0000-xx-33-2.jpg 7726

7737-0000-xx-13-1.jpg7737-0000-xx-33-2.jpg7737

Thanks towhung:

4210-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

4210-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

4210-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

4210-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

4210-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

Generally I like the new sets that Lego is coming out with, but this one doesn't do much for me. I don't have a body of water to land it in either.

i won't be collecting any new lego planes soon. they are just too big. i like realistic sets but the one exception is planes. and this one is no different. it's like a duplo set. helicopters are still nice and small so those are okay. *y*

edit: also, why would you need air police for??? to arrest air pirates?!?! *wacko* *wacko*

While I don't dislike it, there is no compelling reason for me to buy this seeing I own the larger one.... 8-|

i won't be collecting any new lego planes soon. they are just too big. i like realistic sets but the one exception is planes. and this one is no different. it's like a duplo set. helicopters are still nice and small so those are okay. *y*

edit: also, why would you need air police for??? to arrest air pirates?!?! *wacko* *wacko*

I'm glad to see that Lego's vision of a facist police state continues. Seriously, how many police sets do they think we need??

This is kind of a neat set, but I'm gonna pass. In general, I love the new City stuff coming out ... except for the planes. I'm sticking with the old school planes in my town. 4-wide 4-ever!!

:-X

All I can say about this set is that it looks like someone shoved an air hose in this and started pumping !! I mean, it is way out of proportion. The body is way too big for the plane, this thing looks like a stubby Spruce Goose!

It has some really weird proportions - it looks way to short for what it's equipped with. I won't buy this, if the finished product looks like that.

Bet it'd be popular with kids, though.

Holly Molly, what a piece of utter crap :-X

Tks mate for ruining my afternnon |-/ The only police set I wanted was that water plane but I didn't think they would use that crappy hull once again !!

Police + crappy hull really = :-X & >:-(

Come On lego, drop those crappy hull NOW !! You loose some valuable catalogue space and you piss off retailers who can't sell that crap !!

Pissed Off *yoda*

this is SO BAD *n* *n*

what is up with lego and the big hull?

i think they are just trying to use it as more as possible

they never make a piece for a single set..

we will be seing a lot of this until they understand that its too <insert that tiresome argument>..

it sucks!

and while it has a smooth design its too big..

this hull works better for a big plane than for a small one..

what kind of small plane has the nose of a passenger one??? :-| *wacko*

Come On lego, drop those crappy hull NOW !! You loose some valuable catalogue space and you piss off retailers who can't sell that crap !!

nothing else to say...

...planes used to be one of my favourite town sub-thems |-/

hey someone from TLG who reads that, pleas help us, tell them in TLG that it is disaster :-|

Edited by szww

nothing else to say...

...planes used to be one of my favourite town sub-thems |-/

hey someone from TLG who reads that, pleas help us, tell them in TLG that it is disaster :-|

I think they will understand ;-)

Look at what I hope will happen, they will sell loads of the small postal plane (can't wait for pics !!) because of the size and price, but they will sell less of the new hull (maybe not really of that police plane) !! Look at the size of that green cargo one !!

And I hope that will be a signal !!

*yoda*

Ok guys heres the first look (i believe) of a new police plane for 08, enjoy.

7723.jpg

What the hell is that? Its like the biggest crap ever :-X :-X ! I wonder if some of the designers that work for LEGO do drugs? *wacko*

These were FAR better police planes IMO

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1895

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6344

IMO, a police plane is used for suvelience, why do we need such a large plane? not like they are going to be pulling over the other air craft in mid air.

Lego releases so many police and fire sets because it whats appeals to little kids. a lot of kiddies have asperations to be police and fire fighters as kids.

Good idea from Lego, but does that give you a reason to go ahead and screw it up? :-X The idea is great, but it's too fat! Although this might be good for air-inserting my Lego Ghost Recon team to take out the tangos! :-D Other than that, *n*

Ahhhh it was my pleasure to piss a lot of you guys off by posting this X-D , hey *yoda* you have been asking for new city pics.....As the saying goes 'Be careful of what you wish for...'

Ahhhh it was my pleasure to piss a lot of you guys off by posting this X-D , hey *yoda* you have been asking for new city pics.....As the saying goes 'Be careful of what you wish for...'

X-D Hey I've been asking for new city pics of good sets and not crap ones like that :-X

Next police set please !! I do sense more crap from that line X-D

Now the only hope for a dcent city is that postal sub theme and coast guard |-/

*yoda*

X-D Hey I've been asking for new city pics of good sets and not crap ones like that :-X

Next police set please !! I do sense more crap from that line X-D

*yoda*

If you insist mate :-P

The idea is great, but it's too fat!
i disagree... i think this is a terrible concept for a set, no matter what hull and construction techniques they used. i don't understand the need for a police plane. maybe after i see the costal HQ it will all make sense, but right now, im not getting it.

- BM

hmmm.... that is pretty weak too. i didn't mind the news of new police sets in 2008. in fact, i was excited that (after seeing the improved 2007 fire sets) we would finally get some nice modern and correct police sets.

these are definitely not an improvement over anything - BM