Sign in to follow this  
Cyclonis

SnowTrooper. No, not the offical one, but close.

Hello people, I am in a joyful mood today.

What I have came here for, is to show off my new Custom Snow trooper. I don't have any official snow troopers, as they are quite rare nowadays, but I do have a little bit of white sculpey. Starting to understand the idea, now?

First, I had to grab a random minifig torso with a head on it. In my case, I grabbed my little model, which i always use for scupey works, which is a simple original Johnny thunder head with his torso, because i have millions upon millions of Johnny thunders, and I don't really like any of them one bit.

Secondly, I had to wrap aluminium foil around the head, in order to prevent the sculpey from sticking to the head and ruining the whole project. I then whipped out the Sculpey, and got straight to work.

In order to achieve similar appearance between the snowtrooper and lego's versiuon, I grabbed a photo from peeron.com:

http://peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/x884.1....1077962065.jpg

...and so I sculpted it around the foil-wrapped head, while looking at the picture from my computer. I ran into a couple of problems in that time. I just couldnt get the shape right, and I couldn't achieve symmetry while sculping it.

BUT After a long, LONG time, I eventually got both of those things correct, and I took the helmet off the minifigs head with care, with the foil still inside of it. I then placed it straight in the oven, along with a "Majora's Mask" which didn't turn out to well, hahaha.

The buzzer's going of, I race to the oven with exitement, along with fear that it might not turn out too well as planed, but i am a courages kid, so I grasped the handel of my oven door, and i yanked out the tray.

Of course, I had my doubts about that "Majora's Mask". It didn't work, it was bad and went all crack-ly. But that didn't bothor me, because I knew that it wouln't turn out. What I was more interested in was the snow trooper helmet. So i carefully took it into the palm of my hands, burning a deep brown crispy hole straight through the nerves of my hands (well, not really) but i put the trooper helmet down to cool.

Once it cooled, I tested it Violla! It was a complete success! I did a little playing around with it for a while, like coulouring in the black parts of the goggles ( it didn't puch holes in there, or then that would have ruined the whole thing!) and it worked out to my liking.

So, without further stalling for time, I give you

THE SNOW TROOPER:

snowtrooper.jpg

As you can see, I didn't want to add the backpack to the helmet, so i didn't. Instead, I just made him wear a backback seperately (instead of TLC permanetly attaching the pack to the helm, as i just said) I also took the foil out of the inside of his helmet as soon as it cooled down.

If I were to change one thing about this helmet, it would be to make the face mask thingy a bit more straight down the bottom, but I think mine looks more realistic.

Overall, this was greater than i expected, and i also made a decal for him too, as you can see in the picture (thanks for making the decal design, kaminoan) and I am quite proud of it, and the helmet fits on nicely, not too loose so that it falls everytime you pick it up, but not too tight, so that you can't ever get it off. It turned out just right.

Thankyou for your time.

-Cyclonis.

nice work! :) it looks close to the original. are you going to make any more?

Cyclonis,

Another great minifig custom (watch out because now we are accustomed of seeing fantastic minifig from you :-D ).

Your helmets are just astounding ;) Keep up the great work ;)

Cyclonis,

Another great minifig custom (watch out because now we are accustomed of seeing fantastic minifig from you :-D ).

Thanx. You will see some more customs by me. Wether they are great or not, is up to you. ;)

I might make some more snowies, i'm not too sure, though. Today I tried making one the same, but without the face cover-cloth thingy, and then I was going to glue some real material cloth onto the inside, to make it look super-realistic, but then it got a little hard for me, so instead I just made a "battle-damaged" at-at driver ;)