Wonderpants

UCS Slave 1 mods

I meant to start trying to give the Falcon an interior and improve the B-wing cockpit, but after looking around, people have already done far better jobs on these than I could. So after looking around and having finished the stock Slave 1 recently, the choice was obvious, since no one seems to have done any mods on it yet.

This was made more complicated by trying to create a plausible layout for a ship that switches from horizontal to vertical flying, which brings up all sorts of practical problems when you sit down and think about it, and in the end, I just fudged a lot of it.

The outside is largely the same, but the internal frame has been adjusted to allow more space, a flat floor added, the hull panels now have different attachment points and opening sections to allow access to the interior, the missile launcher and hidden blaster cannons have been concealed on the inside, two prisoner cells have been added, a small sleeping platform added above them, the door now swings open right at the top rather than the second stud down, and the cockpit reworked to make it easier for boba fett to get into the cockpit.

23C01AF2-1CB0-4F87-8214-2CF40B3805F0_zpsenmqokzs.jpg

B48B4048-20FB-4092-A46D-87E4CDE90793_zpstcvk0r8e.jpg

85280E15-F28E-4C05-9A74-9C71ACB80543_zpserogyvoy.jpg

This is still not quite finished (a minifig will barely fit between the closed hull panels and prison cell bars, for example, and I want to close up some of the gaps in the hull) but all the major work is done.

Nice MOD, but is the connection of the sleeping platform is been stable and sturdy enough? Of course I won't want Boba felt down to the prisoner cells when he's sleeping because of the weak connection of the sleeping platform......

Nice MOD, but is the connection of the sleeping platform is been stable and sturdy enough? Of course I won't want Boba felt down to the prisoner cells when he's sleeping because of the weak connection of the sleeping platform......

boba fett dose not sleep he simply waits like chuck norris

Hi all. I haven't posted in this forum at all so this is my first introduction to the forums. I am currently trying to mod my slave 1, but due to the lack of experience that I have, I am struggling with changing the attatchment places and the technic interior with it remaining sturdy (as the ship has to move from flight mode into landing mode) And I also want the ship to open up like wonderpant's mod. I have finished the interior and it opening up but the main hull...its some different story. Can any MOCer help me??

Hey all.

New member here, and rather then make a new thread, I figured I would bump this one.  I essentially want to make an interior on my UCS as well but would like to replicate what the OP did with the side panels to access the center hull.

Those that have the ship know that the front sides (on the main piece jetting out) is made of two main pieces.  The main piece (bigger of the two) is held in place by a technic ball joint piece to the body of the ship then secured by snapping on to the second smaller piece of the side which is secured with a technic pin based clip.

What I want to do is secure the longer of the two side pieces on its own but due to the angles, I am having a heck of a time.  If I can get some help figuring this out, the second smaller side piece can flip up to give access to the interior of the center of the ship.  I have tried to get this to work for a few hours now it’s no luck so hoping someone here can help.  Please see the pics for what I trying to do.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Giving this a bump as I am still stuck in trying to figure out how to secure the larger side part without the second piece so I can use that as an entrance or way to access the interior.  Any thoughts?