MariusL

[MOC] Hookloader Truck

Hello everybody!

I’d like to show you my hookloader.

20930614699_e2d5575553_c.jpg

The red arm looks maybe a bit too plump but it is stable enough for children’s hands. Stability is as well the reason why it is just possible to load and unload containers but not tipping them - when I need a tipper truck, there is another one in the garage ;-)

20929508308_11e8ba2be3_c.jpg

The colour scheme is inspired by one of Austrian’s most important companies for heavy transport and lifting technology http://www.felbermay...ndex.php?id=410

21125121301_fb21c8032f_c.jpg

I built as well a trailer for the truck. As in real life it is possible to unload containers from the trailer with the hookloader.

20494761604_3e03285106_c.jpg

Mainly the truck is used to transport equipment for my cable crane and as well to supply the construction sites.

20494762284_9e8c4cd06c_c.jpg

Interested what you say!

20929279540_9323c68be1_c.jpg

Regards,

Mario

Edited by MariusL

Hello!

I've this part on stock, but it's too small. It was designed for 4 wide trucks many, many years ago ;-)

Kind regards

Mario

Hello!

I've this part on stock, but it's too small. It was designed for 4 wide trucks many, many years ago ;-)

Kind regards

Mario

Cool, I did not know there where more sets with this element in it, learning something new everyday :classic:

Good job. It's modern version of classic 4 wide hook lift truck. In the photos, you have a bley round tile and black stud for gas cap. Which one did you finally select for the truck?

Hi, very nice truck, again i am impressed on how well you made a working truck; keep making these awesome models!!!.

I had to comment. I love it. The use of that hinge is so underused and under appreciated. Great work, the truck looks very visually appealing and goes a whole other level with its use of parts. keep up the good work man. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hello!

@ Legocitycustoms: I got this part light-years ago with set 6668

@ dr_spock: In the beginning I used the black round plate 1x1 now I usually use the tile for the gas cap (I just miss other colours like dark bluish gray or black)

@ all: THX for comments!

By the way, instead of this old hinge plates it’s naturally possible to build it with actual parts

Kind regards

Mario

I played around with making a 6 wide hook truck a couple of years ago, but it ended up needing the central part of the truck to be 3 studs wide, and I did not have the parts to hand, so I sidelined it. Maybe this is some inspiration to try again. There are some nice bits in your design.

Good organic design. At the junction set until 2005 and the release of the latest sets. Ready for a set of Lego City.

I also like trucks with hook lift!!

I did a design a few years ago that you can find in my Flickr - if you have an interest to see a hook which is built differently.

Hello Selander!

I saw your hook lift truck some months ago on flickr as I was looking for a design of a 6-wide MAN-cab.

I have to say that I like the design of your 6-wide trucks very much!

Your 1-wide solution for the hook lift looks much more realistic than mine.

I have chosen 2-wide for the arm because the “driver” of the truck is just some years old and his hands are not sensitive enough for something more fragile ;-)

What I like more on my design is the hook built with the plate modified with arm up. Compared to the connection with a clip this solution needs no force to connect or disconnect the container.

Regards,

Mario