Soul

Bricklinking the Y-Wing (10134)

Looks good - I may try a dark red version.  

For your canopy you can always steal one from the regular size Y-wing or T47 snowspeeder with the grey covering 30372p79 - I tried that and it looks cool.  Although if you got red stickers that would probably work a treat on your build.

I am going to try decals 1st, i want Light B grey on the canopy. like the real Y... haha

I am also working on red stickers for the nose.

What do you guys think about the rear engine? I dont like the bricks holding the slopes. but I have tried other ways... this looks ok from the outside... 

I'm playing around with this for my UCS Clone Wars Y-wing and if I can get it sorted in real bricks Ill see if it can be added to the stock Y-wing.  The spiral tubes are proving less than co-operative in real life to curve nicely - might try 3mm hose instead.

engine.jpg

Ah interesting - please share how you get on - could be the way to go.

Real brick version done - need to shape the wedges but Ill fix that once they are on the engine - img_4937.jpg

First one on - Ill tidy the shape once the second one is built.

img_4938.jpg

I love the modifications you have made to your Y-Wing BroomH, especially the red and the tail ends. I've had a slightly hiccup with mine and I'm just waiting for a few little last pieces to arrive before being able to complete. I will then post up some photos!

On a slightly different topic, I was browsing eBay earlier as I am selling a model and I cannot believe how cheap the 7191 X-Wings have become. It was my first ever purchased model, they were selling for silly amounts last year, £800-1000 easy. Now due to the latest Red 5 UCS release, I assume this is why you can pick one up for £100-200 now!

I hope they do not remake the Y-Wing now ha, I'm hoping for a Snowspeeder reboot or something new and fresh, I'd love to see an A-Wing build or an ARC-170.

Thank you, I have the yellow bits, but I just had to do red... 

I think I would love to see a A-Wing UCS. And the red 5 is the reboot, it devalues the old quick. i just sold off all my 1999-2002 SW sets. I felt like I was giving them away for free... oh well... onto new homes.. :)

Chaps, pending the Lego release - Anio's UCS A-wing is well worth your time and bricks...

img-20150920-00021.jpg

img-20150920-00025.jpg

Edited by Hold0511

I know what you mean BroomH, I will be holding onto my 7191, it cost me £60 around 13 years ago, but as it was my first, I will definitely be keeping hold, I have a feeling my UCS B-Wing may go up in value over the years. I am in the process of getting rid of my 10174 AT-ST, it is a good model but my least favourite and I need more room ha. 

I think that A-Wing Hold will be my next project after the Y-Wing, I'm holding out slightly to see what is announced for 2017 before I build anymore however, knowing my luck I'd order loads of bricks and then LEGO will release the same model....

After months of orders and tinkering around, I have completed 99% of my 10134 build...this is also my first ever brick linked project and I have to say, I have enjoyed doing this more than buying a set, you feel like you have achieved much more, especially by customizing aspects to suit your own style.

I have taken inspiration from different MOC's I have seen online, but added my own twist, primarily aesthetic detailing on the engines along with a mix or colours. I decided to rid the rusted copper tubing as firstly it costs a fortune, and secondly, I feel the grey/dark grey matches the films more in detail. I have kept some of the rusted styled parts as they do add character but I am considering changing the wagon wheel on the central hub to LBG. The rest is a mix of mechanical arms, flashlights, lightsabre handles and T-Plates.

I am just waiting for some more flat silver tubing to be delivered and it will then be complete. I'm extremely pleased with the finish, especially as I regretted selling this model years back! 

Our spare room is gradually turning into a man cave now, so I'm hoping the more UCS models I can create, the more likely my fianceé will move her dressing table into the other spare room ha!

Hopefully the pictures do it justice, here's the link to my flickr account if you would like a better look in detail - https://www.flickr.com/photos/147224412@N06/?, I will be looking to do one of Anio's models next, A-Wing more than likely!

32680736005_0096b10eef_b.jpg

32528069442_e9c2573b81_b.jpg

32528069142_108e785d81_b.jpg

32528069072_c76a81729f_m.jpg

32528068972_03bcd59539_b.jpg

32528069332_e2363c65b7_b.jpg

Edited by Grizzlygreeno

Looks great!!! I've held off on starting this since finishing the Falcon, but I think this will be my project for 2017 :D

Cheers guys :sweet:

I think this has cost me around £250 roughly, so not bad at all, the eBay prices at the moment are absolutely hilarious, catching up with the MF, buy it now prices over £1000 exc shipping!

Looks great Grizzly. What did you use for the decals? I ordered a set from China, I did not like the printing so I just used the Sign part. I have created my own Decal, but have not had time to print it....

16 hours ago, broomhandle said:

Looks great Grizzly. What did you use for the decals? I ordered a set from China, I did not like the printing so I just used the Sign part. I have created my own Decal, but have not had time to print it....

Thank you mate! I ordered them off eBay, it's an Australian store so takes a couple of weeks to arrive. They are spot on though, I have replaced my worn 7191 x wing decals and 10174 at st. I can get you the link if you'd like? 

I got a set off ebay, he is was in china. And I agree they are very good, but I did not like the type of label he used, plus it had to be cut out by hand.... I ended up using the sign, but not the cockpit.

Yes please on the link - I used the canopy from the smaller y-wing set, but an original clear one plus stickers would be nice....

On 2/6/2017 at 4:22 PM, broomhandle said:

I got a set off ebay, he is was in china. And I agree they are very good, but I did not like the type of label he used, plus it had to be cut out by hand.... I ended up using the sign, but not the cockpit.

On 2/6/2017 at 6:02 PM, Hold0511 said:

Yes please on the link - I used the canopy from the smaller y-wing set, but an original clear one plus stickers would be nice....

Hi Guys,

Link below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142110230735?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've used this guy for everything and I've been extremely happy so far.

Enjoy!