James River Crossing

image6d713.md.jpg

Metra Train

imagebc9cd.md.jpg

BNSF Freight

image5fd6f.md.jpg

imageb1eec.md.jpg

image3d251.md.jpg

TGV and one I found an image of that I recreated here.

Edited by WhiteFang
Title update

Oh wow, these are fantastic. Great work! My favorites are the Metra and Super Chief, but my preference is strictly based on my interest in the prototypes. Your builds did a great job capturing all of the details in the various prototypes.

I love your take on all these 1 wide train MOCs. Just a few tips, but if you put the silver grill piece with a 1x2 plate staggered half off it, you can link them together to make curved track like this. And you can also make it look a tiny bit less grainier by replacing the catenary lines with some colored fishing line. But other than that, I'd love to see more microscale trains, it's a hardly explored subject as far as Lego goes.

I'll be honest and say that, at this scale, modelling the wires probably isn't necessary. Although it's still sitting on my computer, I have no plans to add anything more substantial than the structures themselves to my own 1-wide Dutch diorama.

However, if you choose to add wires, you probably don't want to use anything heavier than cotton thread.

I love your take on all these 1 wide train MOCs. Just a few tips, but if you put the silver grill piece with a 1x2 plate staggered half off it, you can link them together to make curved track like this. And you can also make it look a tiny bit less grainier by replacing the catenary lines with some colored fishing line. But other than that, I'd love to see more microscale trains, it's a hardly explored subject as far as Lego goes.

Here is some exploration with the curves thanks for the idea. This is a set of 4 modules, now all I have to do is design some trains.

image_0.jpeg?65

I will have some more images later (they are having upload problems)

That looks really good. It adds a nice depth to it you wouldn't get from a simple straight line. Also, the brick tolerances are enough to make curves using staggered grill plates and 1x2 plates. Sorry about the image size, it's the only one large enough to really show the technique.

screen_shot_2015-09-19_at_7.50.49_pm.png