Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

Marvel Super Heroes General Discussion

Classic Avengers would be a day one for me...ill see myself out.

I don't think they have the original avengers lineup on the show though, do they? I think the only one we're missing is Wasp from the Founders or Kooky Quartet eras, though, and we're definitely getting her when her movie comes out.

...unless you also want classic costumes, in which case we've probably got a loooong wait ahead of us....

1 word: Wyldstyle... She had printing inside her exclusive hood piece. But also looking at how the customisers have done it, it shouldn't be too hard for LEGO

Oh hey now! I missed that variant of her, but that's great news.

And it SHOULDN'T be, but it also shouldn't have been hard to get leg printing on a lot of the minifigs this year, but... here we are. Who can fathom why Lego does what it does?

Just saw a behind the scenes clip from Captain America: Civil War that showed that they hadn't changed the spider symbol on Spider-Man's costume from what it looks like on his LEGO figure to how it looks in the movie until post production. So even if LEGO was on set instead of getting concept art, they couldn't have made it with the final spider symbol. Just thought it was interesting.

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/05/captain-america-civil-war-behind-the-scenes-video-highlights-spi/

I'm really hopeful that LEGO will start pulling more of the designs from the games, particularly when it comes to vehicles, as there are some incredible designs in them! (Here: http://uk.ign.com/wikis/lego-marvel-avengers/Vehicles)

Take, for example, Hawkeye's Skycycle - a small vehicle which could easily be included in a £20 set which followed a similar format to the Ghost Rider set, with the Skycycle taking the glider's place.

Or, take for example, the S.H.I.E.L.D vehicles which could be subtly included in sets - like the Helicopter which could be attacking a villain, or the truck which could be carrying a item like the Tesseract when a villain attacks and a hero has to save it.

There are a lot of cool existing Marvel LEGO Designs - we just need to see them make their way into physical sets. :wink:

I'm really hopeful that LEGO will start pulling more of the designs from the games, particularly when it comes to vehicles, as there are some incredible designs in them! (Here: http://uk.ign.com/wi...engers/Vehicles)

Take, for example, Hawkeye's Skycycle - a small vehicle which could easily be included in a £20 set which followed a similar format to the Ghost Rider set, with the Skycycle taking the glider's place.

There are a lot of cool existing Marvel LEGO Designs - we just need to see them make their way into physical sets. :wink:

Boy, does China have some good (or should I say "Hot!!!" and "Fly!!!") news for you!

28995426344_4a5cba0ac2_c.jpg

(But yeah, I was looking those up to see if they looked like they were buildable in real life--my suspicion for one reason that we don't see the game designs in real life is that they probably aren't built to the standards Lego would have for an actual release. Seems like there's already some chinese knockoffs of the game designs out there, though. Saw a minicarrier too.)

Boy, does China have some good (or should I say "Hot!!!" and "Fly!!!") news for you!

28995426344_4a5cba0ac2_c.jpg

(But yeah, I was looking those up to see if they looked like they were buildable in real life--my suspicion for one reason that we don't see the game designs in real life is that they probably aren't built to the standards Lego would have for an actual release. Seems like there's already some chinese knockoffs of the game designs out there, though. Saw a minicarrier too.)

Thanks for letting me know - that looks awesome :classic:

I've personally been having a hard time resisting buying tons of the super heros heads off of bricklink. I fill up the cart with like $100 each time and change my mind... But they have such a good variety of the light and dark flesh tones that it really adds a lot if you're into custom builds/figs. I'd also like to thank x-men for one of the only three female black heads in existence lol, we could use some more variety

Hello,

I'm still new to Marvel comics and I know this gets asked a lot but why can't LEGO make anymore X-Men sets? I know FOX still owns the rights to X-Men but LEGO was able to release the X-Men vs The Sentinel set when FOX still owned the rights. Is there a situation where LEGO was able to release that set, but can't put out any more sets?

Edited by Capt Winters

Fox doesn't own the X-Men, what they own is the film rights. Marvel still owns the comic characters and that is why they  could make X-Men sets in the past, and indeed still are at least with the mighty micros. Marvel has just decided not to heavily promote the X-Men, or fantastic four for that matter, and as their license partner lego has to go along with that. If there are no X-Men, it's because that's what marvel wants. 

1 hour ago, InnerRayg said:

Fox doesn't own the X-Men, what they own is the film rights. Marvel still owns the comic characters and that is why they  could make X-Men sets in the past, and indeed still are at least with the mighty micros. Marvel has just decided not to heavily promote the X-Men, or fantastic four for that matter, and as their license partner lego has to go along with that. If there are no X-Men, it's because that's what marvel wants. 

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!