Sign in to follow this  
jaapxaap

Kyrrath Old Mill (Husbandry-minichallenge)

Hey all!

Here I have a new Kyrrath build ready to share with you!

I've build the mill for the Husbandry minichallenge, but also for my Legoworld 2015 layout(Utrecht,Netherlands) so if you want to see it in real life, headover to the Netherlands :)

About the backgroundstory for this build:

While there isn't very much food in Nocturnus, Birro, the son of a poor farmer somewhere in the Rakath Mountains, Is traveling through Nocturnus to find a job to get money to buy food for him and his Parents. After visiting many places without succes, he arrives in Kyrrath. Here, he hears that the miller of Kyrrath needs a servant to help him with the heavy work. When he walks up the path to the mill, He sees why the miller needs a servant: The mill pond is silted and there is almost no wind to let the blades rotate. When he knocks at the door, the miller opens the door. When Birro asks if he can be the servant of the miller, the miller tells him he can directly start his new job and tells Birro that he'll send some food to his parents. from that day on, Kyrrath has a new, hardworking villager and a happy miller!

Well, here are the pics: The moment of my build is when Birro walks up the path to the mill:

20576830908_dc1bfaea10.jpg

20755420122_094bcede28.jpg

20576835500_25572a41d2.jpg

Hope you enjoy my mill!

I hope to meet some of you at Legoworld2015!

And have a nice day,

jaapxaap

Good to see another mill! Very nice design on this one. I especially love the design of the roof. Although I'm not sure I would use purple, I really like how all the builds in your civilization have the same basic aesthetic. It definitely helps to tie it all together and seem like one place.

Neat work, especially on the blades but the landscaping is really well done too! :thumbup:

I really, really like this build. It feels very grounded and solid. The one thing that escapes me is the usefullness of a waterwheel in a pond. Other than that, as said, great build!

I see you keep improving your roof technics mate :) Lovely curved roof!

Awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the buildings put together at Legoworld.

What a awesome build! The roof is indeed wonderfull, and lots and lots of little details. Excellent!

A lot of nice details and brilliant overall composition! The roof is looking great, and I can't not love the purple touch! :grin::thumbup:

I have one question, though. Is the wind predominantly in the same direction where this mill is placed? Since it can't be turned towards the wind.

The terrain is great too - and is that a waterwheel on the side? :classic:

Great build, and great photography :thumbup:

I always enjoy the purple-y goodness you bring us! Nice shape on the roof and some fantastic landscaping, but I would've perhaps gone with a different color for the tree's leaves. I think it's a bit too much with both the roofing details and the leaves as purple.

The stonework and landscaping are solid, (except I think the grills in the rocks look a bit out of place). Also, The windmill blades are spot on and I love how the smoke snakes up towards the sky.

I like the look of your lands and architecture, that purple really stands out! There really is an appreciation for the consistency of all your buildings.

Beautiful as always :wub: You've become one of my favorite castle builders.

The stone design here looks really neat, and that curving roof is fabulous :thumbup:

Great window designs, and the landscape is quite pretty too :classic:

Excellent build, I really hope I can achief such MOC's myself one day!

And thanks for making me aware of Legoworld Utrecht, as I'm from Belgium it might just be that I come and have a look.

Fantastic mill, Jaapxaap, lovely color-scheme and stone-work, and the roof is also excellent as always! :wink: Very nice waterwheel and spokes on the mill as well, and great job on the landscaping! :thumbup: