Mister Phes

The Latest World City Sets

Now why on Earth would anyone want to edit me?

Exactly! I think Yoda's a little eager to exert his new powers. ;)

Not at all >-|

It was just a bad joke that nobody got :|

Now why on Earth would anyone want to edit me?

Exactly! I think Yoda's a little eager to exert his new powers. ;)

Not at all >-|

It was just a bad joke that nobody got :|

It would have been less frightening and more funny if you weren't able to actually do it. :P

Bley has invaded Town? Yep, I am bit confused about this happening.

New roadplates in bley? Talk about no continuity... Thanks LEGO...

Life is Good.

I'm going to jump to the road plate's defence here! In real life not all road surfaces are made from exactly the same materials and the same colour. So these road plates are merely mimicking reality.

Out of green, grey, and bley, I think I prefer the green roadplates better. Just when I start building up my city, Lego changes plates again. Why can't they just stay with one?

On a side note, I recently ordered a single cross-section of track and actually got it in the old grey! I was happy over this one not knowing what I would get??? :)

Out of green, grey, and bley, I think I prefer the green roadplates better. Just when I start building up my city, Lego changes plates again. Why can't they just stay with one?

On a side note, I recently ordered a single cross-section of track and actually got it in the old grey! I was happy over this one not knowing what I would get??? :)

Don't you mean old dark grey?

I think LEGO still produces train tracks in old dark grey...Or am I wrong?

Anyways, I recently ordered track (2 x curved and 4 x straight pieces) and it was in good old dark grey.

On a sidenote, I also perfer the green roadplates better, because they look more suitible with calm, resedential areas. Besides, you can always use grey plates as sidewalks. On the other hand, the new roadplates (coming in July) have a better coloring, as the actual road is more appropriately matched with present-day colored road (a dark, dark grey to a light black; as on asphalt).

You will note that this is not Town; it is City. ;)

I personally love the new blay baseplates. They're more... industrial.

Good to hear re. the track. I received 2 straights and 2 curved in the new blay a few months ago.

Re. the plates: More industrial indeed - reminds me of an ugly gray city. I much prefer grass than a paived roadway, sidewalk, or parking lot any day.

I personally love the new blay baseplates. They're more... industrial.

Besides the name, what's the main difference between Town and City?

I personally love the new blay baseplates.  They're more... industrial.

Besides the name, what's the main difference between Town and City?

Well, there was a <insert that tiresome argument> City line back in 1997 or so.

The current "City" line is not that <insert that tiresome argument> and the Trucks are mostly 6 studs wide and cars were 4 studs wide, while the older, more classic "Town" sets have trucks and cars both at 4 studs wide.

In my opinion, "City" is more realistic, because trucks are usually larger than cars, but on the other hand, the older "Town" sets have a much bigger selection of available sets, which includes town/city buildings (and unfortunatly, the current "City" line doesn't have buildings :'(. )

In my opinion, even though the "City" line doesn't have much yet, it still has great potential. ;)

Town is more rural/quiet/etc, City is industrial/busy/etc. I love the new change - makes it seem more realistic. I just wish they'd release more normal buildings.

Are you going to create a concrete jungle?

I must say the bley suits the bitumen look really well.