Mister Phes

The Latest World City Sets

Thanks Jon but I still don't get it, are SNOTs the square tiles??

SNOT (Studs not on Top) means that a surface of a model is smooth and can use tiles, so there are no studs showing. The box is a complete SNOT model as there are no studs on top anywhere.

Jon.

Well not really, SNOT refers to a smooth surface on a model. So a tile can be used for SNOT work but it is not necessarily SNOT by itself.

Jon.

I thought SNOT meant using pieces sideways or upside down (so the studs aren't on the top) *wacko*

I thought SNOT meant using pieces sideways or upside down (so the studs aren't on the top) *wacko*

Again I will link you to this SNOT box - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=954520

You can see that pieces have been stacked upwards to get the pattern on the side, this is SNOT work. But you can also see that the top is all tiles, which is also SNOT work. SNOT means that an area of the model has no studs, so it can be sideways or maybe upside down, but it is generally an area of the model and not just one piece (ie. a tile).

I hope I don't have to do any more explaining today.. my head hurts *wacko*

Jon.

Maybe it means both? I've heard people refer to pieces being sideays as SNOT lots of times :/

And how does it confuse you young lad?

People arguing this way and that about what SNOT means and the quality of BURPs. *wacko*

Its quite simple really. Just read my first post at the top and pay no attention to the debating below. Any word submitted in the thread will be updated in that first post so there's no need to read the entire thread.

And of course as I'm king I get to decide what makes the glossary and what doesn't. Hmmm... Why do I feel regicide coming on?

Well of course SNOT stands for stud-not-on-top but does that mean that it's FLAT on top or does that mean that the stud is on the side/bottom/whatever?

Afraid of being edited are you mister_phes:-D

I don't think he had that in mind at the time, and I don't think anyone's going to edit him just for being an egotist. ;)

Come on guys, this was again a funny joke, Why would I want to edit any of you (except when its really needed, that means probably never).

My sense of humour is really not passing through today :|

Why do you call me an egoist Bloody Jay?? I am FAR from being one ;)