This topic seems dead. I hope it gets revived . . .

In any case, I saw this shot of the new Arkham Asylum Dr. Harleen Quinzell, and thought that everything save for the hair could be used for a pretty good Petronella Osgood from Dr. Who. 

Here's a couple more Once Upon a Time characters
First up is Regina (my favourite character)
image_zpss18rdypc.jpeg

And two versions of Rumplestilskin, tell me which version you like better :)

image_zps9kxj7h6r.jpeg

image_zpsp6drzll3.jpeg

On 11/1/2016 at 4:22 AM, Hulk_Smash said:

I am going to have to get that figure so I can do that, I love Osgood :D

Good luck! I can't wait to see how your Osgood turns out! :D

On 11/3/2016 at 1:48 AM, Hulk_Smash said:

Here's a couple more Once Upon a Time characters
First up is Regina (my favourite character)

And two versions of Rumplestilskin, tell me which version you like better :)

Regina is PERFECT! :O
Both Rumples are great, and I'd say use the second picture one by default, and the top one for other expressions. :)

Thanks, I was searching for ages to find the right torso for Regine, then saw I had it all the time in Lois Lane!

Okay, so I'm not sure if I'm blind or stupid. I made two more Scooby-Doo villains, but they use custom cloth pieces, so I know not to post them here. Is there a non-purist TV/Movie thread like this that I'm not seeing or do I just make my own thread for them? Sorry if this is super obvious.

If they do not fit in here, please feel free to start a new thread to showcase your creations.

5 hours ago, LuxorV said:

If they do not fit in here, please feel free to start a new thread to showcase your creations.

Cool. Thanks. Will do.

Redbeard's Ghost from Scooby-Doo. I can't decide if I should give him pink legs or not, though. I'm kind of leaning towards leaving him how he is, outside of his sword. My friend is going to give a sword that looks like the one from the show.

32578879276_f0ac541be3_k.jpg

Edited by comix

5 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Not bad. There's also a red-hair neckbeard piece that would leave the mouth revealed, which could work on Redbeard. :classic:

Seriously? I was trying to find one that left the mouth exposed and I could not find one. Do you have link to Bricklink for it?

3 hours ago, comix said:

Seriously? I was trying to find one that left the mouth exposed and I could not find one. Do you have link to Bricklink for it?

It's from the Swamp Police subtheme- bricklink item no. 15501

On 1/30/2017 at 7:57 PM, comix said:

Redbeard's Ghost from Scooby-Doo. I can't decide if I should give him pink legs or not, though. I'm kind of leaning towards leaving him how he is, outside of his sword. My friend is going to give a sword that looks like the one from the show.

COMIX! Glad to see you're still alive and doing SD customs out there. :tongue:

The link to the piece you're looking for, that PepperoniBricks was talking about, is right here

EDIT:
Silly me! Forgot to mention how awesome that Red Beard is. I'm working on "fixing" The Black Knight ATM, but I don't really have any other SD guys in mind. I've been focusing on superheroes and villains for a while now.

EDIT X 2:
Also, I'd only swap him over to pink legs if there are some brown booted pink legs out there. :P Otherwise, he looks great as is.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

On 1/31/2017 at 8:51 PM, TheBigRedCheese said:

COMIX! Glad to see you're still alive and doing SD customs out there. :tongue:

The link to the piece you're looking for, that PepperoniBricks was talking about, is right here

EDIT:
Silly me! Forgot to mention how awesome that Red Beard is. I'm working on "fixing" The Black Knight ATM, but I don't really have any other SD guys in mind. I've been focusing on superheroes and villains for a while now.

EDIT X 2:
Also, I'd only swap him over to pink legs if there are some brown booted pink legs out there. :P Otherwise, he looks great as is.

Thanks! I have my lulls, but I'm always trying to think of ways to make more Scooby-Doo villains. I'd been wanting to make Redbeard for a long time, but I couldn't find a body I liked. Then I saw Captain Hook and knew I had a winner. I also posted a thread with a couple of non-purist versions of the Ghost of Elias Kingston and the Witch Doctor that you may not have seen.

I'd love to see the end result of your Black Knight. I've been trying to piece that one together myself, thanks to you.

I'm also trying to make the Black Knight and Merlin from Scared a Lot in Camelot.
http://radioactive-studios.com/biohazard-films/files/2015/01/Scooby-Camelot-02-Villain.jpg

I think the head the official Black Knight comes with would make a good head for the SaLiC Black Knight, but I'm still working on finding a good chest piece.

8 hours ago, comix said:

Thanks! I have my lulls, but I'm always trying to think of ways to make more Scooby-Doo villains. I'd been wanting to make Redbeard for a long time, but I couldn't find a body I liked. Then I saw Captain Hook and knew I had a winner. I also posted a thread with a couple of non-purist versions of the Ghost of Elias Kingston and the Witch Doctor that you may not have seen.

I'd love to see the end result of your Black Knight. I've been trying to piece that one together myself, thanks to you.

I'm also trying to make the Black Knight and Merlin from Scared a Lot in Camelot.
http://radioactive-studios.com/biohazard-films/files/2015/01/Scooby-Camelot-02-Villain.jpg

I think the head the official Black Knight comes with would make a good head for the SaLiC Black Knight, but I'm still working on finding a good chest piece.

I have seen your Ghost of Elias Kingston and Witch Doctor, and they both look awesome! Nice job on jumping the purist ship! :P

Black Knight, from What A Night For A Knight! is actually fairly close to the pearl dark gray as used by TLG. Problem is that some of his parts aren't available in that color. I'm afraid that he's going to be a W.I.P. for a long while, or I'll have to change the color.

As for The Black Knight from Scared a Lot in Camelot, his armor is actually black, which makes life far easier! :D I don't know how much of the rest of him you've already got, but I'd use this featherhelmet, visorarmor, and boots, coupled with the official Black Knight head if I were to make him. Also, I'd skim this page for inspiration.

As for that Merlin, this hat is the most accurate, but sadly doesn't come in the right color. There are, however, some solutions. First up is a plain orange cone, second is a fez, albeit in a different shade of orange, (:hmpf:) and lastly, we have this weird thing, but it only comes in red! There's a huge number of angry eyebrow heads you can choose from, but personally, I'd go with this one. Next, we have the beard, of which you have either the classic beard, or the modern beard to choose. Finally, the torso, (use fleshy hands, and either regular red arms, or some of the slightly decorated ones, like the ones that came with Captain Hook) and, last, but most certainly not least, the robes! Hope this helps, best of luck to you, and I can't wait to see your final results! Most importantly: HAPPY BUILDING! :D

1 hour ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I have seen your Ghost of Elias Kingston and Witch Doctor, and they both look awesome! Nice job on jumping the purist ship! :P

Black Knight, from What A Night For A Knight! is actually fairly close to the pearl dark gray as used by TLG. Problem is that some of his parts aren't available in that color. I'm afraid that he's going to be a W.I.P. for a long while, or I'll have to change the color.

As for The Black Knight from Scared a Lot in Camelot, his armor is actually black, which makes life far easier! :D I don't know how much of the rest of him you've already got, but I'd use this featherhelmet, visorarmor, and boots, coupled with the official Black Knight head if I were to make him. Also, I'd skim this page for inspiration.

As for that Merlin, this hat is the most accurate, but sadly doesn't come in the right color. There are, however, some solutions. First up is a plain orange cone, second is a fez, albeit in a different shade of orange, (:hmpf:) and lastly, we have this weird thing, but it only comes in red! There's a huge number of angry eyebrow heads you can choose from, but personally, I'd go with this one. Next, we have the beard, of which you have either the classic beard, or the modern beard to choose. Finally, the torso, (use fleshy hands, and either regular red arms, or some of the slightly decorated ones, like the ones that came with Captain Hook) and, last, but most certainly not least, the robes! Hope this helps, best of luck to you, and I can't wait to see your final results! Most importantly: HAPPY BUILDING! :D

Thanks for this. It's been super helpful, specifically for Merlin, because I hadn't really started on him yet. I did know about that blue hat, and it frustrates me to no end that it isn't red. But I'm reeeeeeeaaaaaallllly leaning towards drowning out my inner perfectionist and going with the blue one just because of how perfect it is otherwise.

As far as the Scared a Lot in Camelot Black Knight goes, I think I've basically determined what I'm going to do. I want to use pretty much all of this guy, replace his hands with black hands, give him a red feather and stick Mr. Whipple's head inside the helmet.

And when it comes to my What a Knight for a Knight.....knight, if I were just looking for a quick fix for now until I had a better option, which color helmet would you say is likely to match better with the rest of him? I'm obviously going to use this helmet, but I can't decide if dark gray or light pearl gray would match best. Or is there another color that would be better than either of those?

58 minutes ago, comix said:

Thanks for this. It's been super helpful, specifically for Merlin, because I hadn't really started on him yet. I did know about that blue hat, and it frustrates me to no end that it isn't red. But I'm reeeeeeeaaaaaallllly leaning towards drowning out my inner perfectionist and going with the blue one just because of how perfect it is otherwise.

As far as the Scared a Lot in Camelot Black Knight goes, I think I've basically determined what I'm going to do. I want to use pretty much all of this guy, replace his hands with black hands, give him a red feather and stick Mr. Whipple's head inside the helmet.

And when it comes to my What a Knight for a Knight.....knight, if I were just looking for a quick fix for now until I had a better option, which color helmet would you say is likely to match better with the rest of him? I'm obviously going to use this helmet, but I can't decide if dark gray or light pearl gray would match best. Or is there another color that would be better than either of those?

No problem! Sorry there's no better choice for Merlin. As for SaLiC Black Knight, I think your selected figure topped off with Wickles' head will work just fine, and as for the WaNfaK Black Knight, I'm not sure but I think that dark gray would work best. Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where'd I'd recommend looking at the bricks in person, which obviously, is an issue. :wall:  

On 8/29/2016 at 4:33 PM, -zenn said:

15890124783_c8185cfaa2_z.jpg

Gas Monkey Garage's Aaron Kaufmann & Richard Rawling. :laugh:

I'm completely unfamiliar with the source material, but I LOVE that car!  The two guys are pretty cool, too, I just have no frame of reference for who they are supposed to look like.

4 hours ago, Luke Styer said:

I'm completely unfamiliar with the source material, but I LOVE that car!  The two guys are pretty cool, too, I just have no frame of reference for who they are supposed to look like.

Thanks! :laugh:

GasMonkeyGarageD2Aboutme1_zps345d52a2.jp

On 2/4/2017 at 0:07 AM, TheBigRedCheese said:

No problem! Sorry there's no better choice for Merlin. As for SaLiC Black Knight, I think your selected figure topped off with Wickles' head will work just fine, and as for the WaNfaK Black Knight, I'm not sure but I think that dark gray would work best. Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where'd I'd recommend looking at the bricks in person, which obviously, is an issue. :wall:  

So, I put in a bunch of different orders on Bricklink because I'm putting together four completely new characters and upgrading a couple others. And two of the stores I bought stuff from happened to have multiple different versions of this helmet, so I ordered three different colors because they were cheap and I was already ordering other things. I got the dark gray and metallic silver helmets in today. So far dark gray is the better one, though it's still of a bit off. I've still got a flat silver one coming in another order. I'll post pictures of all three variations of helmet and my new characters once I have all my orders in.