cullmancreations

2016 LEGO Pirate Set Wishlists

Personally I would be absolutely fine if lego released some 90s-style pirate sets.

I really glad you find the threads funny, because given that they are always the same, if you didn't it would be a big waste of your time :-p

Don't get me wrong. I would be absolutely fine too. Mostly because I've got this sets at home in perfect conditions since the early 90s, when i was a little child and they are a very important part of my life.

I only said that we should'nt confuse our expectations and feelings with the reality.

I'd love to see a nice big fortress like the Eldorado Fortress from 1989. I have such fond memories of building and playing with that set. I think it could be much improved when made with today's standards.

I'd also love to see a nice civilian port like Tortuga from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. There are always plenty of pirates and soldiers, but never enough regular people. A civilian merchant vessel could also fill this gap, but I prefer structures over vehicles. Both would be even better.

I'd also like to see a much bigger Shipwreck than the on released for the 2015 wave. The concept is great.

A return of the Islanders would be a fantastic move as well. I was a huge fan of that theme, and would love to see it return. I think they proved with the Island Warrior collectible minifigure that this theme could be reimagined better than it ever was.

I think a Pirates series would do really well on television (as would a Castle series). If they really took the time to develop it, the great characters, iconic locations, and unique vessels would all be a hit. And if they did, they wouldn't have to rely on their typical color coded characters (I don't think they really need to as it is).

This is a sci-fi Castle action theme, don't think we're gonna see sci-fi pirates anytime soon. Maybe Ninjago.

I wouldn't put it past them. I'll call it now that 2017 will see a sci-fi future Pirates theme. Ultro Pirates.

Edited by x105Black

From the details that j2g and Sci shared with us it seems that the next Ninjago wave will include alot pirate elements,which is good news since I don't think we'll get another Pirates wave for a long time.

Edited by LOTR34

Don't get me wrong. I would be absolutely fine too. Mostly because I've got this sets at home in perfect conditions since the early 90s, when i was a little child and they are a very important part of my life.

I only said that we should'nt confuse our expectations and feelings with the reality.

Fair enough, but its a wish list thread... and just something to comment on when pirate talk is getting, slow? I guess none of us really expect a pirate theme more than twice a decade nowadays! Not because pirates are not popular, more because they are not unique enough, any toy company can make pirates and they will all appeal to kids.

I wish for more pirates, but in reality I guess the next big wave will come in 2019 as a 30 year celebration.

I think we should all band together as a community and buy as many pirate sets as possible to boost sales and get LEGO to continue making them!

pir_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

In all seriousness tho, I will at least get each set again to have doubles, maybe triple. I wish I had last time it came along, so hopefully I can do that this time. I do want to get the ship at least 3 times.

I quite agree but Pirates 2015 are not sold in Russia. So the PtV can give a chance to win a set. I'm as eager to know results aa all the other "pirates"

For the Danish pirate fans: Pirates aren't sold in danmark right? I was there I saw it. But you have another chance then drive over the border to Germany. The sets are sold in Legoland Billund in the big shop.

The Pirate sets are being sold in Danish stores, but they are exclusive to the Fætter B. R. toy stores.

Otherwise I think that another soldier ship would always be interesting, or maybe a really big set with a large merchant ship and a smaller pirate boat/ship attacking it.

Otherwise I think that another soldier ship would always be interesting, or maybe a really big set with a large merchant ship and a smaller pirate boat/ship attacking it.

THAT!

The last of the classics hinted at what we'd eventually be getting - and that is, not much. Maybe more was originally planned for the Armada, but the biggest land-based sets from then on have been smaller. I'd love to see something like the old trading post - not a remake per se, but something similar. Of course it would look quite different since the baseplates aren't used anymore, but the concept would still be nice. With Lego's current approach to the theme I question if we'll ever see big sets again.

Hi, LEGO pirates fans! One can think LEGO is going to combine pirates and ninja in 2016. But to my mind nothing can be as popular as pirates of 1989 and ninja of 1999. What's your opinion?

Hi, LEGO pirates fans! One can think LEGO is going to combine pirates and ninja in 2016. But to my mind nothing can be as popular as pirates of 1989 and ninja of 1999. What's your opinion?

Pirates of 1989 were popular, but excluding the possibility of time travel there's nothing the LEGO Group can do to make it 1989 again. The market now is different than the market then. I have no idea how popular Ninjago's sky pirates will be (the upcoming sky pirate wave seems somewhat small compared to this year's first wave), but I imagine they'll be fairly popular just because of the Ninjago connection. Ninjago is huge. "When Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu launched in January 2011, it set new financial and innovation records for LEGO. The LEGO Group reported a 20 percent increase in sales in the first quarter of 2011, largely due to the overwhelming popularity of the Ninjago line, which went on to rack up the highest single-year sales of any LEGO-invented theme in the company's history." (Brick by Brick, p265)

And just look how Ninjago's search interest compares to the perennially popular LEGO City and LEGO Star Wars themes. In the five years since LEGO Ninjago came out, it has generated more total search interest than either theme. At its peak in December 2012, it generated more search interest than both those themes put together. From the start of this year, it has generated more search interest than either of those themes every month, and its popularity continues to climb as we approach the holidays. It's quite clear just why the LEGO Group is now considering Ninjago an evergreen theme.

Do we have any reason to really think the old-school Ninja sets were ever all that popular? Obviously they were able to last more than one year, which speaks in their favor, but they came out at a time when the company as a whole was struggling to stay relevant, as opposed to Ninjago which remains one of the LEGO Group's top themes at a time when they have become the largest toy company in the world, and one of the most influential. The classic ninja sets also suffered from some of the same design flaws that afflicted most sets at the time like lots of large, specialized pieces and, in many cases, a poor price per piece. To me, it goes without saying that Ninjago is easily far more popular than the classic Ninja sets ever were.

With AFOLs, the classic ninja sets might be more popular than Ninjago, but that's often just a matter of what they grew up with. Many of the kids and teenagers who love Ninjago today will be AFOLs themselves one day, and then we'll see a far different picture. There are a lot more kids, teens, and even adults buying LEGO today than there were in 1999.

Hi, Aanchir!

You deserve to be an Arch Duke! Thanks a lot for your extremely detailed reply. I'd like to know your opinion on my 2 LEGO ideas projects. I know one shouldn't ask to do it while commenting on somebody's MOCs. But here fans discuss LEGO pirates future. As LEGO issues Pirate chess every 5 years, I'd like to ask fans if my Pirate battle island and Soldiers arsenal cecome future official sets.

Any healthy criticism is welcome because if somebody criticizes my creations it can mean they like them. And are attentive to details. If I am completely honest I don't see a purely pirates set getting anywhere close to the 10k support though it's a dream of any LEGO fan. -And The Flying Dutchman can prove the possibility. I think pirate Lego Ideas are always worth trying. Perhaps LEGO fans will support pirate projects not only because they like them but also just as a way of telling Lego we are still here and let them not forget us. I am trying to have fun with my Lego and want everyone else to enjoy it too, in whatever way they choose. Many thanks.

The Nexo Knights line is gonna be Sci-Fi castle, so God forbid LEGO thinking it a good idea to release Sci-Fi Pirates.

Edited by Kaboozle

The Nexo Knights line is gonna be Sci-Fi castle, so God forbid LEGO thinking it a good idea to release Sci-Fi Pirates.

Did you miss the context of my previous post? Sci-fi pirates (specifically sky pirates) are basically what the upcoming wave of LEGO Ninjago villains will be. You can get a feel for the design language in this key visual from the LEGO Ninjago Facebook page. Their captain is an evil djinn named Nadakhan.

Did you miss the context of my previous post? Sci-fi pirates (specifically sky pirates) are basically what the upcoming wave of LEGO Ninjago villains will be. You can get a feel for the design language in this key visual from the LEGO Ninjago Facebook page. Their captain is an evil djinn named Nadakhan.

Yeah, I did. Hmm, that looks interesting…No sails though.

I dont know if this goes here but ill give it a shot :-)

Lego should make a4 sheets that are same material and colors of sails (white like in IFS opr black and white like SES) so we can cut our own shapes like square, triangulars... so we dont need to make from non lego materials.

(sorry for bad engrish)

I dont know if this goes here but ill give it a shot :-)

Lego should make a4 sheets that are same material and colors of sails (white like in IFS opr black and white like SES) so we can cut our own shapes like square, triangulars... so we dont need to make from non lego materials.

(sorry for bad engrish)

As cool as that would be, Lego doesn't really have anything to gain from that—it'd only serve to sabotage demand for future sets with sails, since people would be able to easily print and cut out their own sails with whatever shape and pattern they want.

Edited by Lyichir

With regards to sails, I just wish they'd get over the stripes already and use plain ol' stuff like the big IFS - it's so much more versatile than big red & white stripes that don't look good on much of anything, including the sets they come with.

With regards to sails, I just wish they'd get over the stripes already and use plain ol' stuff like the big IFS - it's so much more versatile than big red & white stripes that don't look good on much of anything, including the sets they come with.

Hear, hear. I would in fact prefer plain white sails. Though once in a while, a torn or holey sail like on the RBR would look cool.

(sorry for bad engrish)

That's my first language! :pir-laugh:

I also agree! :thumbup:

Plain canvas would look good on an imperial, merchant, or pirate vessel.

Well, I think it's going to be popular, since it is Ninjago and most of the kids love Ninjago, and anything related to Ninjago. But there are some parts that'll be useful for Pirates builders as well(like the new dark green bandanna), so those Ninjago pirate sets and minifigures can be used for Pirates MOCs. 1989 Pirates and 1999 Ninja are different themes, and despite being a bit similar, have nothing to do with Ninjago, just like how that abomination called Nexo Knights has nothing to do with Castle, despite some basic elements.

THIS! Sails of IFS is my favourite in all Lego ships so far. Unfortunately I don't have IFS, but I bought the sails of IFS, which I use in almost every MOC that has a ship with sails in it :pir-grin: And if they insist on making sails with stripes on them, I prefer them to be like the sails of BSB, which has stripes printed on both sides.

I can agree with the pirates claim, but I guess ninjas on kooky vehicles will be more popular among the target audience that the more historical ninjas of 1999.

At least Ninjago will have much more to offer to Pirates than Nexo Knights will be for Castle.

So heres what i was thinking.... Pirates has always been a great theme in my opinion but this first wave was okay. Just okay nothing more. I feel there needs to be a 2nd wave to go with the 1st. My set ideas were mabey a pirate hideout and/or base like forbidden island (6270). Another idea of mine was having a blue coat ship. Also a remake of sabre island(6265) would be cool. Also spanish armada and islanders would be cool to have back but i do not have any confidence in this idea actually happening. Give me this emoji :pir-classic: if you show support!