CM4Sci

2016 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Tiger is very happy to read this.......Ford's, GM's, yes, yes, oh it must be my birthday......oh, wait it is ! LMFAO

Thanks Lego. American muscle cars were what I wanted from the theme since the beginning. I will probably buy at least 2 or 3 of each set.

Finally some American cars! Looking forward to the Mustang. The "Ford F-150 Raptor and Model A Hot Rod" seems like an odd combination though.

We've just past half the year and Ka-bluie we've got set names for Speed Champions Wave 2. No Daimler here, because there's only one German car here. This wave comes with MAXIMUM AMERICA!!!

Here they are, from Brickset, fresh off Amazon.de:

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (75870) – EUR 14.99

Ford Mustang GT (350?) (75871) – EUR 14.99

Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (75872) – EUR 14.99

Chevrolet Camaro (ZL1 or Z/28?) (75874) – EUR 34.99

Ford F-150 Raptor (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (75875) – EUR 49.99

Lowest-priced sets are singles, higher ones have diorama pieces and/or competition, like 75912.

Pictures of cars that will become immortalized in 6W are below, as they are listed:

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-front-yellow-track.jpg

gt350-hero.jpg

(Mustang GT may be the GT350 seen above, not the regular GT, or maybe not)

24-Hours-of-LeMans-Test-3-640x452.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-front-three-quarter-in-motion-02.jpg

(like the Mustang, the Camaro may be the Z/28, or may be just a regular Camaro)

landscape_nrm_1421078771-17fordraptor_08_hr.jpg

(yes, people, we're getting a Ford pick-up, the hottest one. Whether or not we'll be getting newer, springy axles too remains to be seen)

Now I have two questions for you:

1. CAN YOU FEEL IT!? OK, yes, it isn't as completely American, what with THE AUDI PROTOTYPE WE'RE GETTING, but is it safe to say that Wave 2 comes with MAXIMUM AMERICA? I can say yeah, this is max 'Merica.
  2. Are you worried about how the cars will turn out? I am, especially the Audi. How can they nail the unique shape, and how can they nail the back fin?

Oh, shoot, I didn't see this place. My bad. Just merge my topic with this one.

Anyway, this wave is maximum America, with only the Audi R18 being the European car--but that's OK, because that means we're getting MORE LE MANS CARS!!! But still: MERICA, F___ YEAH!!!

Finally some American cars! Looking forward to the Mustang. The "Ford F-150 Raptor and Model A Hot Rod" seems like an odd combination though.

The pick-up will probably be towing the Model A Hot Rod. Edited by XAxles

Is this a hint on the Ideas Corvette? And...

MUSTANG AND CAMARO : THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IN BRICKS

The Camaro set could have some drag racing builds, and two Camaros (probably modern ones, but we all would love a classic one and a modern one!).

The F150 set: in J2G video he said that it aslo included a model A Hot Rod. It could have the F150 (wish two-seater) towing a HotRod in a trailer and a garaje-style build

Chevrolet Camaro Drag Race, huh? Since we heard of an older car in one of the Ford sets, I'm guessing it'll be a combination of a newer COPO Camaro

2012_Copo_Camaro.jpg

and an older COPO Camaro.

maxresdefaul1787_600x0w.jpg

Not the kind of Camaro I wanted or guessed, but if it means wider tires, count me in.

I am very sorry, this topic is a misfire, repeat, this topic is a misfire. Please merge this to the one set by CM4Sci.

Forgot to ask: Is that all of it? I mean, there isn't any Dodge here--and the Hellcat Challenger is a popular car, lately.

2015-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Hellcat-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

There's also a Viper GTS-R that won its last season in United SportsCar.

SRT-Viper-Race-car-red-05.jpg

Or do I just have to wait for some more to drip down out watering holes? Certainly we're still going to get a $100 set, and my guess is that 75113 will be that set. But will it be a Dodge Viper?

just saw this news, and I can't wait for the next wave of Speed Champions, seeing GM on the list give me hope for the Ideas Vette too. it truly is a great time to be a car fan with Lego :)

Edit: Also the city theme has “Rally Car (60113) – EUR 9.99” I wonder which real rally car this will be modeled after?

Edited by GallardoLU

Forgot to ask: Is that all of it? I mean, there isn't any Dodge here--and the Hellcat Challenger is a popular car, lately.

There's also a Viper GTS-R that won its last season in United SportsCar.

Or do I just have to wait for some more to drip down out watering holes? Certainly we're still going to get a $100 set, and my guess is that 75113 will be that set. But will it be a Dodge Viper?

If I could take a guess, I'd expect Chrysler didn't want to agree to the license. I'm a Ford guy so the Camaro and Challengers wouldn't do much for me (even though in my other hobby, automotive photography, I got a chance to photograph a Challenger for the first time the other day), but I've always wanted a LEGO Viper ever since the early 2000s.

Wow a muscle cars!Very exciting for this news.

Looking forward to F150 and Hot rod.Probably F150 will tow hot rod on a trailer.

Edited by Ondra

Edit: Also the city theme has “Rally Car (60113) – EUR 9.99” I wonder which real rally car this will be modeled after?

It's gonna be modeled after a hatchback, GallardoLU.

Wow, this is better than the first wave, itself my favourite new theme of 2015. While Lego struggled with European speedsters, they always seem at home with American style vehicles. And a rally car in the City range! Lego racing is back!!

The only way they could go better would be to give all the cars opening 'hoods.'

The Ford F150 set: it could have the truck (wish two seater)towing the HotRod and a small garaje build with car lift and some tools

The Camaro set: A modern Camaro, probably fift gen (unless GM wants to show a 6gen performance edition in the upcoming months) and other in a different colour (like the 2015 Porsche set) or a classic one (wish modified first gen Camaro).

Aslo, licenses on GM, Ford and Audi, that means new D2C sets for those waves! And Ideas Corvette could happen!

or just one of those, both would be cool

I see Ford, but I don't see the new GT. Ah well, i'm still glad that this theme is getting another wave.

Maybe for a big LeMans set that the R18 is hinting...

Edited by Kaanere

I can only hope the Camaro is orange (and either a 1969 or 2010) to match the two in my driveway! :blush:

Edited by Aegis1984

It's gonna be modeled after a hatchback, GallardoLU.

Your generalized answer got me thinking, "what has Lego done for rally cars previously?" and the short answer is not much, but what they have done was a pair of sedan like cars, and a Estate car (station wagon) so 'IF' they are going for a throwback to the old town sets the Rally car could be a sedan, like the late 90s early 2000s were dominated by. personally I hope for something of that era (Subaru and Colin McRae fan here) odds are though it wont be near as cool as I hope it will, it will probably look more like a stock fiesta with a wing than a wide body WRC car. either way the waiting game has begun...

Ford Mustang... Amazing. It's the one car I had in mind when I saw the first Speed Racer sets. I hope this comes in dark blue / white racing stripes.

It's awesome that this theme is getting at least one more wave. I really enjoyed the build of the three I have. Even if the scale is a little awkward - a little too big for minifig scale, too small to be be accurate models of the real thing - they're great little sets for $15. I wish they weren't TRU exclusives in the US and got more exposure.

I'm a bit excited about the F150 + hot rod! Happy Birthday lightningtiger :classic:

Now the only thing to cap that off would be a speed shop/workshop to join that set.

And thanks for the birthday wish......even though it was on Thursday. :blush: