Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mystery Ship: Feedback

I created this topic to discuss the plot and suspicions regarding the mystery here.

Please let me know how you like the story, your dislikes, and hunches.

I might even share a few secrets if you're lucky.

This thread is open to ALL (even if you are not participating in the mystery).

Hope everyone is enjoying it.

I wish SW4J wasn't such a nerd...

Also, I think some ground rules should be laid out to be clearly understood about improvisation: mostly that circumstances have to be accepted. If someone says "I slipped on the ice" they've established that it's cold. Someone shouldn't be able to come in and say "But it's hot out, there's no ice! Let's put sunscreen on..."

Also, IMO, it should be clear what we are able to do and what should be off limits...burning things, shooting people :-D :-D :-D

Other than those two things which are only small issues, I'm having a blast with the game and think it is very clever and fun. Can you make it less so, so I can get some work done? :-P

Thanks, Brickster for a kick-megablocks game. By the way, is the swear-filter turned off or something, I slipped an f-bomb through... :-$

Everyone stereotyping me as a geek :-|

It's funny. This is whole mystery is somewhat a test in psychology and sociology. Characters given certain roles to play create the same kind of stereotypes and beliefs as they would people in real life.

What I'm seeing is the good actors becoming very believable and creating realistic reactions from others.

It's been very neat to watch.

Also, I think some ground rules should be laid out to be clearly understood about improvisation: mostly that circumstances have to be accepted. If someone says "I slipped on the ice" they've established that it's cold. Someone shouldn't be able to come in and say "But it's hot out, there's no ice! Let's put sunscreen on..."

Also, IMO, it should be clear what we are able to do and what should be off limits...burning things, shooting people :-D :-D :-D

I really wanted to keep this open to enhance the level of fun and creativity. The "off limit" type occurences haven't been that bad (at least in my opinion). I thought Stan grabbing the gun and shooting Scotty was a very unexpected, but good example of this.

Thanks, Brickster for a kick-megablocks game. By the way, is the swear-filter turned off or something, I slipped an f-bomb through... :-$

Thanks Hink. Your acting has been terrific, as well as some of the others.

Oh, and I spotted your F-bomb when you launched it. I'm not a mod, so that's between you and the Board of Directors.

Hope you continue to enjoy it.

I really wanted to keep this open to enhance the level of fun and creativity. The "off limit" type occurences haven't been that bad (at least in my opinion). I thought Stan grabbing the gun and shooting Scotty was a very unexpected, but good example of this.

Agreed.

Thanks Hink. Your acting has been terrific, as well as some of the others.

Oh, and I spotted your F-bomb when you launched it. I'm not a mod, so that's between you and the Board of Directors.

:-D That was so strange. I laughed really hard when I saw it, but I edited it out. Usually I type that word and the filter megablocks it. Not that time though! :-D :-D

I watched along and held the story with great account, refreshing the page every so often. It's really, really fun.

Yeah, I saw that f-bomb as well and thought, "wow, TV M", I'm not sure I'm old enough to tune in here ;-)

As for the story ... I love the fact that the former dead get to return and that it was commented on (Stinky? Ghost!). I didn't care for the shooting / hip flask resolution of it too much, but I guess it was the only way to salvage a situation that needed to stay within the bounds of the intended plot.

Oh, and don't trust those guys in the boat. Come on, they're good samaritans out diving in the middle of the worst fog you've ever seen and then they hear a distress call that you made from a broken radio. Plus they really don't think it's a good idea to leave because of the fog? With the biggest radar you've ever seen? Yeah, ok, like they're not setting you up or anything.

You know what the story is missing? Isaac, serving up drinks by the pool.

I didn't care for the shooting / hip flask resolution of it too much, but I guess it was the only way to salvage a situation that needed to stay within the bounds of the intended plot.

Well it was the best I could think of! What would you have none oh king of impro? ;-) Seriously, a gunshot wound in the leg would leave my character immobile and generally moaning and groaning for the rest of the story and it couldn't be left that way. If I was awake at the time I would have done something different. 8-|

Don't use thread! Use rope! The thread will snap! I learned that the hard way.

That was so funny!

Well it was the best I could think of! What would you have none oh king of impro? ;-) Seriously, a gunshot wound in the leg would leave my character immobile and generally moaning and groaning for the rest of the story and it couldn't be left that way.

Instead it leaves you moaning and groaning here :-P *shoots you in the other hip flask* >:-)

No, really, it was less the flask and more the shooting. I figured there were rules in place to prevent extreme responses or else someone would say, "Oh look, the monster is in the window" *instantly pulls hidden harpoon gun and puts one through it's head* "Well, that takes care of that." :-|

That was so funny!

Thanks! :-$

EDIT: and may I add that you are making this a very fun experience too! :-P Your Jimmie/Scotty/Gopher is very fun to play off of.

So is everybody! X-D

No, really, it was less the flask and more the shooting. I figured there were rules in place to prevent extreme responses or else someone would say, "Oh look, the monster is in the window" *instantly pulls hidden harpoon gun and puts one through it's head* "Well, that takes care of that." :-|

I agree. I look forward to hearing what Mr Tiber had in mind; he could have at least conferred with me first.... |-/ While we were being a bit mean to Stan, nothing was permament.

Bonaparte, thanks for taking the bait and setup for draggin Scottie off to his cabin when my pants fell down. That wasn't even intended, believe it or not! Nice comic timing, sir! X-D

I agree. I look forward to hearing what Mr Tiber had in mind; he could have at least conferred with me first.... |-/ While we were being a bit mean to Stan, nothing was permament.

Maybe shooting you was a bit extreme... I'm sorry.

I don't know why, but I just thought you'd be able to figure out a clever solution.

Wich you did. Next time I'll discuss it before.. although I think there won't be a next time...

No hard feelings mate??

Maybe shooting you was a bit extreme... I'm sorry.

I don't know why, but I just thought you'd be able to figure out a clever solution.

Wich you did. Next time I'll discuss it before.. although I think there won't be a next time...

No hard feelings mate??

It was kind of funny though watching them scramble ;-)

It did add a bit of the unexpected to the whole thing, though I'm surprised they didn't throw you overboard for wasting whiskey. :-/

So far, I've really enjoyed this. The only other mystery I was in, almost everyone else lost interest, so it was canceled half way through. I'm glad that I'll get to play a little bit longer. :-)

I think one of my favorite things about this one is the whole role play factor you have added to it by having us play characters. that really adds to the fun and hilariousness.

It did add a bit of the unexpected to the whole thing, though I'm surprised they didn't throw you overboard for wasting whiskey. :-/

Or at least tie him up again. :-D

I like it! *wub* Good work, Mr. Brickster! *y*

What I dislike? Me, forgetting things and screwing up the story.. :-|

I don't think it screws it up at all. It's actually pretty funny that Mike never knows what's going on...

I don't think it screws it up at all. It's actually pretty funny that Mike never knows what's going on...

Well, that might be funny, but when I forget that I'm not hanging upside-down anymore.. Then it's plain stupid.. :-|

Well, that might be funny, but when I forget that I'm not hanging upside-down anymore.. Then it's plain stupid.. :-|

Well, if you take into consideration that Jim's been kicking you in the head, it's not quite as bad a mistake. ;-)

Well, if you take into consideration that Jim's been kicking you in the head, it's not quite as bad a mistake. ;-)

It's still a mistake, god dammit!! :-P

I think the game is moving too fast to keep up with. We have 42 pages of posts to read through, so if you miss a day or two (as I did) or start late (as I did) you are so far behind, that if you are at all busy with other things (as I am) it is impossible to keep up. And if someone like that has important information, it may never get disclosed...

I don't know what to do to correct this, other than exclude people who can't keep up.

Steve

I agree that it is moving very fast. I've been very busy lately and I have barely found as much time to post as other people have. That aside, it's alot of fun....heh heh heh........

Oh, and don't trust those guys in the boat. Come on, they're good samaritans out diving in the middle of the worst fog you've ever seen and then they hear a distress call that you made from a broken radio. Plus they really don't think it's a good idea to leave because of the fog? With the biggest radar you've ever seen? Yeah, ok, like they're not setting you up or anything.

If you read the wording to the left of the picture, it says a dense fog follows behind our ship.

It's funny. This is whole mystery is somewhat a test in psychology and sociology. Characters given certain roles to play create the same kind of stereotypes and beliefs as they would people in real life.

I was making a joke with that :-P But the captain needs to make up his mind. Some times he calls me a nerd, others a geek. I think he's a scizo |-/