Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mystery Ship: Part 6

Part Six: Distress Call

While in the Steering Room checking the sabotaged radio earlier in the evening:

"Mayday, Mayday, this is the Captain of the Sea Ghost..." a worried captain states in the microphone of the broken radio. "I doubt anyone will pick up this distress call", he states; "this radio is dead... Mayday, this is a distress call..." Silence

Much later:

All of the crew have found their way to the Captain Macleod's cabin. The Captain has talked Stan into giving Otto back the gun. Luckily for Scotty, the bullet from Otto's luger hit a flask in his pocket. He is rather bruised, but can walk.

Peering outside the large window in front of the Captain's bed, lights from a small vessel can be seen. All of the crew turn in hope of a ship that has come to save them.

Well Stan, I'd just like to say that there are no hard feelings... with the exception that you are not welcome to my whiskey. >:-( As for that ship, perhaps we should light a flare... :'-)

A flare? Good idea but do we have any left? I think that ship might be our only hope!

...Like that time in episode 26 of season 3 of TOS, not like in Star Crap :-X

All ships carry flares! ;-)

*goes to bridge wing and lights flare*

*sing* Help! *sing* I'm on a ship with no food, a dead engine, a Star Trek geek and a gun happy stowaway! *sing* Oh yeah, and the might be a green monster on board who sloshes, although the sloshing could be irrelevant....

|-/ Otto, now that you have your Luger back, keep an extra close eye on our new "friend" Stan, okay? ;-)

I hope this means rescue! Maybe it's The Love Boat! *wub*

|-/ Otto, now that you have your Luger back, keep an extra close eye on our new "friend" Stan, okay? ;-)

I hope this means rescue! Maybe it's The Love Boat! *wub*

The Love Boat? I hope it's a navy boat! Or a ghostbusters boat! Maybe the *shudder* monster is a ghost of a seaman!

The crew scurries to the top of the cargo deck; Scotty firing a bright flair into the air...

PPPPPPSSSSSSHHHHHH! The flair sounds as it illuminates the night fog in a burst of red.

A small fishing boat can be seen along the starboard side of the ship. Two men are aboard the vessel. One man is wearing a bright yellow life vest, the other scuba gear.

minnow1.jpg Dense Fog Behind the Ship!

Hey! Do you have room for nine guys and a dead body? We need help!!

We have cookies and brownies! We'll trade your radio for it!! *sweet*

Be real careful though, you two may be red-shirts! 8-|

Hello!

We recieved your distress signal and we thought we'd come by here.

Permission to come aboard?

Hello!

We recieved your distress signal and we thought we'd come by here.

Permission to come aboard?

Sure, feel free! But the monster is on this boat! Can't we all get on your boat and leave??!! *wacko*

I think we should ask them to radio for a ocean tug, like the incredible Arctic W , and wait here. To be honest, I am a bit suspicious of why this small boat is out so far and as to how they found us... 8-|

Besides, they are too small to offer much help. They do have a powerful looking Radar though. *wub*

I think we should ask them to radio for a ocean tug, like the incredible Arctic W , and wait here. To be honest, I am a bit suspicious of why this small boat is out so far and as to how they found us... 8-|

Besides, they are too small to offer much help. They do have a powerful looking Radar though. *wub*

Radar envy much?

So should we shoot them or just pretend we didn't see them? 8-|

Monster? What monster?

Anyway, it's a miracle we found you here, this fog is very thick, good thing you had a flair. Though, I think we should wait for the fog to clear up before we leave, we don't want to go off in the wrong direction.

Why shoot us? We're trying to help!

Looking for you that's what! We got your distress signal, and we came.

Oh right! You already said that! Sorry! :-$ ! We are tossing you a box of cookies! Do you want peanut butter, chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin?

Aye, we received a distress call, and decided to see if we could help at all.

Stinky?! 8-

Chocolate chip, yum. Thank you.

I'm going to tie our boat to this ship. We're not going anywhere with this dense fog.

Chocolate chip, yum. Thank you.

I'm going to tie our boat to this ship. We're not going anywhere with this dense fog.

Don't use thread! Use rope! The thread will snap! I learned that the hard way. Here are your cookies!

*throw*

*fart*

Aye, we received a distress call, and decided to see if we could help at all.

I thought our radio wasn't working... 8-|

Don't use thread! Use rope! The thread will snap! I learned that the hard way. Here are your cookies!

*throw*

*fart*

*tie*

There, tightly tied.

So, what about that monster?