Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I can't believe $79 for the funny car with no pf. Looks like the tumbler tires are safe at their high price.

Those tires are almost certainly why the price is what it is. This set would probably be much cheaper if the tires were more commonly used

He means .10 cents per piece not .10 cents per set.

:cry_sad: thats disapointing!

I can't believe $79 for the funny car with no pf. Looks like the tumbler tires are safe at their high price.

79$! thats a lot for a pile of liftarms, stickers, pins, axles, 1 or 2 gears and 4 wheels! it should be £20 for that much lego!

And there was me thinking that the Drag Racer would end up at around 40 quid. I wanted to buy two. Now I'm going to be looking at about £70 just for one, aren't I?

Yeah, most of these sets, minus the race cart and everything smaller, are way overpriced. The helicopter is only ten dollars less than the 42042 Crawler Crane, but it has 400 fewer parts. The similar size and theme 42025 is the same price, yet has 200 more parts. The mine loader is a little bit light, on both functions and parts, for a $50 set, but it isn't as terrible as the dragster. 42050 is a 600 part set, with no PF, and yet it costs 80 dollars. I don't know what is going on, but I hope it is an anomaly confined to these sets. On the other hand, Lego has been keeping that price per part ratio fairly constant over the past several years, so there is that. At the very least, I will then have more money to buy stuff I am really interested in, like 42042 and 42038.

Yeah, most of these sets, minus the race cart and everything smaller, are way overpriced. The helicopter is only ten dollars less than the 42042 Crawler Crane, but it has 400 fewer parts. The similar size and theme 42025 is the same price, yet has 200 more parts. The mine loader is a little bit light, on both functions and parts, for a $50 set, but it isn't as terrible as the dragster. 42050 is a 600 part set, with no PF, and yet it costs 80 dollars. I don't know what is going on, but I hope it is an anomaly confined to these sets. On the other hand, Lego has been keeping that price per part ratio fairly constant over the past several years, so there is that. At the very least, I will then have more money to buy stuff I am really interested in, like 42042 and 42038.

In Canada the crawler crane and helicopter are the same price ($179), and 42050 is $100. The mine loader is "reasonable" at $65.

42052 is only a bit more expensive than what 9396 was here, so it's probably safe to assume the helicopter blades represent a significant amount of the cost of this set. Limited run parts always seem to pad the pricing.

The same logic can apply to to 42050, the tumbler wheels are certainly a low production item. Seeing as the only set that uses them is approaching the two year mark its safe to assume they need to make more money on that part to make it worth while.

Don't get me wrong, I wish they were cheaper, but I can definitely see why they cost more than usual.

In Canada the crawler crane and helicopter are the same price ($179), and 42050 is $100. The mine loader is "reasonable" at $65.

42052 is only a bit more expensive than what 9396 was here, so it's probably safe to assume the helicopter blades represent a significant amount of the cost of this set. Limited run parts always seem to pad the pricing.

The same logic can apply to to 42050, the tumbler wheels are certainly a low production item. Seeing as the only set that uses them is approaching the two year mark its safe to assume they need to make more money on that part to make it worth while.

Don't get me wrong, I wish they were cheaper, but I can definitely see why they cost more than usual.

Don't forget that 42052 has PF by default while the 9396 didn't. Maybe it explains the price difference.

Don't forget that 42052 has PF by default while the 9396 didn't. Maybe it explains the price difference.

I had forgotten about that. Now the price makes a lot more sense.

the best way to get them cheap is to wait a month or two and then look on amazon Edited by Babaloveslego55

OFF TOPIC:

@Babalovesloge55 why do you keep writing in colored writing?

ON TOPIC:

I think I might have to invest in the heavy lift copter :classic: It looks so cool!

Given how... unpolished some of the 1H sets were, I am preparing for the worst when it comes to 2H. Worst case scenario is that Claas Xerion is the normal flagship, the Volvo excavator is canceled, and the bucket wheel excavator is the smallest set. Also, the ultimate IP car is an ugly rendition of a (insert car you hate here), with most of the cost going to the license, and few functions.

Cynicism aside, it might be that the design for some sets of the 1st half were rushed to give the designers time to get the 2nd half stuff really good. I also thought up a plausible reason for the 42051 fire truck being delayed: it could be that since there is so much red on the model, any issue with making the red parts would be disastrous. So, the cause might have been a bad batch of red plastic, and that might affect the initial production run, and Lego has not announced it because they haven't gotten that sorted yet. I can see a lot of evidence in favor of it being canceled, and it's not that I don't believe Anio, but I'm not calling it until it is actually 2016.

Worst case scenario is that Claas Xerion is the normal flagship, the Volvo excavator is canceled, and the bucket wheel excavator is the smallest set.

If that scenario happens I'll flip more than just one table.

It is difficult to have the biggest machine on earth modeled small next to other sets. The scenario above is highly unlikely.

Also, the ultimate IP car is an ugly rendition of a (insert car you hate here), with most of the cost going to the license, and few functions.

Its going to be that BMW i8 with a weedy 3 cilinder engine isnt it?

Honestly, im not expecting much at this point, Lego would have inroads with porsche, audi, ferrari and various others for a cool hyper car license deal (or an LMP1), but expecting any of those would probably just set me up for massive dissapointment

Worst case scenario is that Claas Xerion is the normal flagship, the Volvo excavator is canceled, and the bucket wheel excavator is the smallest set.

And what about, if you are wrong in every single word you have written here :wink: ?

Edited by Waler