Sign in to follow this  
goldsun

MOC - Schloss Neudeck - Pałac w Świerklańcu

Hi.

Model of Schloss-Neudeck (pałacyk Donnersmarcków ze Świerklańca). Build in 1876 for his wife Bianka de Paiva by count Guido Henckel von Donnersmarck. Burned in 1945 by russian army, and finally destroyed in 1962. Palace was designed by French architect - Hector Lefuel (he designed for example Louvre for Napoleon III).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Makieta pałacu hrabiego Guido von Donnersmarck zbudowanego w Świerklańcu, dla jego żony Bianki de Paiva, a zaprojektowanego przez sprowadzonego z Francji architekta - Hectora Lefuel (który był nadwornym architektem Napoleona III, m.innymi projektując paryski Luwr). Pałacyk już niestety nie istnieje. Pod koniec wojny został podpalony przez żołnierzy radzieckich, a w roku 1962 ostatecznie rozebrany wbrew decyzji ówczesnego konserwatora zabytków.

19957337678_54d76966b2_b.jpg

Two years ago a have an idea of building riuned or destroyed Silesian palaces or castles. This is first of this models.

I'm bulding it for 5 months. He is 9 baseplates long, and 5 baseplates width, height approx 0.5m.

Im using about 1000 windows, more than 1000 plates 1x1 white, and another 1000 plate 1x1 red, and another 1000 jumpers red, white and black. How much all bricks - i dont know :-)

Walls are build with SNOT

19957406060_7ba22d05f9_b.jpg

Only gate are survived to our times. Actually it stands on enter to Zoo in Chorzów. (on top is painted dog, originally this was gold lion :-) ).

20137401312_ff3ccb0cda_b.jpg

Originally, fountain with three nymphs are on the other side od the palace, but on this side are more visible in the cabinet on exhibitions.

20137399292_a1a2135f5c_b.jpg

More photos od model and original palace on Flickr

Actually model can be seen on the Zbudujmy.to exhibitions in Poland :-)

Edited by goldsun

Beautiful model, the size is impressive... I can only dream of building so well and at such scale :sweet:

Edited by Isundir

That's a palace all right. The layout, architecture, and colors all look superb. This is so very detailed, I have to ask - does it have an interior? I didn't see anything on Flikr. The limited landscaping looks nice and I really like the main gate. Excellent work! Now it needs some minifigs to inhabit it...

Thanks! :-)

It has no interior. SNOT on the walls take another brick width, and in some places are more unattractive. I would have cover this with another bricks or plates.

In fact the center place between building and gate are empty.

Currently has been only empty place and some paths, but yet can be seen that there was not any landscaping. Landscaping on the model was my small imagination.

46-s2014-10-20-16h28m06s58.jpg

Yet I'm thinking about building Cavalier Palace - small residence build for emperor Wilhelm II next to the palace.

Foto(373).jpg

I think about give small carriage with Count Guido with his wife, and maybe some other minifigs, so it was not so empty.