Hi, LEGO Pirates fans. I’m Staslegomaster. I like your stories and creations. It seems you're big fans of LEGO, just as I am. That was why I decided to become a member of your community. Every time I create something, I wonder how other LEGO fans of different ages like it. I’d like to know your opinion on my creation. I tell adult fans, whose MOC-s I like, about my LEGO ideas project because to my mind, if an adult with a family, job and much to do, devotes his or her free time to LEGO, that means he/she likes it as much as I do. And he or she can share experience which kids can't.

I've been collecting LEGO sets for more than 25 years now. Have a look at my Pirates Battle island in LEGO ideas project. I like classic pirates most of all. My project tells you their story. Hope, you'll like it. Please follow me and share your impressions on my set. Only when fans support each other, their projects can get 10 000 supporters!

Do you know it has been the most popular series before Star Wars? Keep in touch!!!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/101720 -

1891383-o_19jso6kgb1outhvl39v1bvr4nd7-full.jpgMOC Pirates Battle Island. Does it need any improvements?1891409-o_19jsocdbf6ej1dev1isct8hid7-full.jpg Those who like this MOC, please support it on LEGO ideas site. Then you can have it in your collection and play chess with your kids or friends if it gets 10 000 supporters.1891412-o_19jsod9ck4341hegvgm1baep26c-full.jpg back view1891427-o_19jsohnf71d0dqq31qn61rfhf341h-full.jpg The chess board is removable, there is a pool with sharks and crocodiles under it.

1891430-o_19jsoiolq8fb1utl19dskjt1kbi1q-full.jpg As the chess board can be removed, all the creation has great playability.

1891433-o_19jsok4d41mc71hssp1q1kp1v4q23-full.jpg

1891421-o_19jsog3g1147012ah1n6l534149bv-full.jpg

1891418-o_19jsoesklgphevf12o91j03hu6m-full.jpg

Feel free to leave your comments on this MOC on LEGO ideas.

1891415-o_19jsoe9in1vnb1jtfvq1epm15vbh-full.jpg

1891424-o_19jsoh2oe1t51p8kn83aqrh4c18-full.jpg

Now you can clearly see all the participants of the chess battle. support this set in LEGO ideas and you will be able to decide who wins the battle!!!

Sometimes fans' comments and official LEGO sets which look like a fan's set can show how to improve our projects.For example I'd change my chess boarg making it flat as in the official LEGO pirates chess 2015 because it will look better. I hope my chess set will become a winner by the next chess jubilee. Some fans say that it isn't convenient to play because of the towers in my chess set. But the board is movable and you can put them on any side. and they can be used as a prison for defeated mini figures.

2143502-o_1a1j2gq1512if11ne1k97qdmlq34-thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Staslegomaster

Great board, it looks very finished, though some more pictures would be nice.

Honestly, Lego already has a Chess set out, so I dont think this one will pass for lego ideas. The current pirates chess set is really nice, I think you need to add more green to this. Better landscaping also, the fort could be better as its own Lego set I think. Maybe do away with the chess board and just make an island.

Honestly, Lego already has a Chess set out, so I dont think this one will pass for lego ideas. The current pirates chess set is really nice, I think you need to add more green to this. Better landscaping also, the fort could be better as its own Lego set I think. Maybe do away with the chess board and just make an island.

that's a good summarise of my opinion. Anyway: welcome to the pirate Community!

As a play set or chess set this is pretty good, with enough features and minifigs to have some fun. A few more details wouldn't hurt but I won't be too critical of that. The fact that the current wave already has a chess set means this really has no chance of happening through Ideas. Honestly, most Ideas submissions are just pipe dreams anyway, so I encourage you (and everyone else as well) to just have fun building.

Honestly, Lego already has a Chess set out, so I dont think this one will pass for lego ideas.

I agree. I don't think TLG would create another Pirate Chess Set right away. I like how the playing board is removable to allow multiple ways to play with this MOC. I have thought it would be fun to make my own Pirate Chess MOC, and this would be a good place to look for inspiration. I would probably have at least a "jail tower" for each faction on the board and use black and brown for the pirate's jail, and white and yellow for imperial's jail. These jails would then serve the location where captured pieces are moved to during the game. These towers would then have a purpose during the game and for alternate means of play.

I love that the imperial pawns all have shakos. This is a huge advantage this MOC has over the set. :thumbup:

I am not a huge fan of skelie pirates, and would prefer regular MF pirates.

I like how the playing board is removable to allow multiple ways to play with this MOC. and this would be a good place to look for inspiration.

I love that the imperial pawns all have shakos. This is a huge advantage this MOC has over the set. :thumbup:

I'm glad such a masterbuilder likes the MOC. Can you write the same in LEGO ideas, please? They isue pirate chess sets every pirates jubilee. Perhaps mine will be the next, who knows?

If you read my description you can understand that the board is movable and removable. So the towers can be at any side. And they won't be an obstacle for players, as some fans think. And really the victor can use them as a prison for defeated figures.

I demand more "arenas" :) Skull island or maybe two ships boarding... BTW very nice work!

I updated the project today. And also finished a new pirate ship which can land there. Besides I'll finish a soldies ship soon. Hope you will like and support. I'm waiting for your creatioms.

Fine alternative to the official chess sets!

I'm glad you think so. I have recently resubmitted it in LEGO ideas. if you know much about LEGO chess sets, don't you know if 40158 was created by a LEGO fan or not? If so, who is the winner?