Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

Wouldn't be the first time we've had a scare like this. Remember when they posted that message that they were going to be shutting down in thirty days without enough donations? That's why I use flickr now.

Anyway, I'd give it 24 hours, and it will probably be fixed. :wink:

I've just noticed that problem. But I also believe it's going to be fixed soon. Nothing to be scared about. As Captain Green Hair says: just give them their time to fix the problem.

Asuka, your picture is absolutely hilarious! :laugh:

Edited by legotrainfan

its just a bug

Gallery contains 2,731,807 files in 0 folders
lol :tongue: Edited by prateek

It says there are

2,731,807 files in 0 folders

and when I log in to my folder, there are no folders in there. There are also no new images at the top of the homepage.

i.e. it's unusable...

Oh, and Maj still seems to be working.

Topics Merged

It says there are

and when I log in to my folder, there are no folders in there. There are also no new images at the top of the homepage.

i.e. it's unusable...

Oh, and Maj still seems to be working.

Yep, I've experienced the same problem. :sad:

But all the linked photographs are still here for all to see on EB.

So I'm not sure what happened...

Are the deeplinked BS photos still visible here on EB, when they are gone on BS?

(maybe stored somehwere on the servers of the EB site?)

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

Yep, I've experienced the same problem. :sad:

But all the linked photographs are still here for all to see on EB.

So I'm not sure what happened...

Are the deeplinked BS photos still visible here on EB, when they are gone on BS?

It appeared that the deeplinks which are the images' direct path is still intact, and Brickshelf could be doing some maintainance overhaul, that restrict others from editing or viewing from the server. But, I do hope that they could ressolve it soon.

No. If the deeplinks are working it's because the files are still there. We don't cache any offsite files.

I gave up on BrickShelf years ago...

There was no need to combine this new problem with brickshelf with something that happened a year and a half ago. Whoever did thid was a fool. Why should someone have to read through 3 pages to get to this current problem. :thumbdown:

There was no need to combine this new problem with brickshelf with something that happened a year and a half ago. Whoever did thid was a fool. Why should someone have to read through 3 pages to get to this current problem. :thumbdown:

Just switch to outline mode, it's so much easier! Then all three of these pages, are only one! And you can view the comments you want to see only.

From the first post -

If you have concerns on the site etc then post here and DO NOT make another thread about it, anyone who does will see a very pissed off *vader* .

Just to keep it tidy :wink:

And also because there was an identical discussion going on in this thread and the other one, so a merge seemed a good option.

And if it's finding the new posts that's a problem, starting at the newest one, and then working backwards works...

It will be very interesting to see what happens to the folder "views" when (if) this gets sorted out. Some of the most popular folders had 250,000+ views making them easy to find by simply searching using the most popular tool. If the folder views are lost then finding some great MOCs could be akin to searching for a needle in a haystack :cry_sad: .

BS has problems again! now it says:

Gallery contains 0 files in 275,810 folders

And every folder is empty. Hopefully it will be fixed in few days, like last time.

My 2 cents regarding the whole "Brickshelf is unreliable" story:

Dear mods and fellow members, please do not be annoyed by the fact that there actually IS such a thread as this one. Having hundreds of the same topics discussing Brickshelf is naturally quite stupid, that's for sure, but having THIS one is rather useful - that way if you don't know what's wrong with BS, you can always check out what info other users have share here - just like I did.

And to all people who moan about BS being unreliable - yep, you're spot on. BS is unreliable. Furthermore, its file upload system and the entire user interface is old and annoying. BUT it's free. End of story. I would only expect someone to moan about someone else's services if they pay for those. Which we don't. So unless we start supporting Brickshelf by paying an actual amount of money to the people who run it, I think it is totally inappropriate for us to start pointing our fingers at the site.

A solution to all of those who are mightly annoyed and fed up would be to look for other photo-hosting services, there are tons of them and quite a few of those are free.

Now on a more relevant note: I can only confirm that indeed all the folders ARE empty, and the content of the more recent ones (posted within the last week) has not been moderated. Which goes to show that the people responsible for the site's maintenance are unavailable. Give it some more time and everything will be brought under control.

Edited by Asya & Bobby Otters

If anybody has a brickshelf account. I suggest you get over there and check your folders mine are all empty. :cry_sad::thumbdown:

A quick search will reveal this thread, in which you can place all of your Brickshelf problems. It's easier when they are all in one thread.

I can only confirm that indeed all the folders ARE empty

Well, they are only empty in the sense that we cannot access them or upload files. Pictures that had already been uploaded are not gone, or they would not still show up in deeplinks.

Also, I'm not sure fingers are being pointed, it just is bothersome when this happens and people like to unload their bothers. Just today I went to upload pictures to use in the PARTY contest in the SW forum, but then I couldn't (flickr was a quick fix, though). It's just a bit annoying.

That it seemed as though it was going to go under two years ago should have been a wake-up call for everyone. I still upload things to brickshelf because I know that there are a lot of people who still browse it (as do I occasionally), but I've been diligently keeping backups and I upload all of my newer stuff to flickr.

Cheers,

Ralph

I don't even have that much faith. I have my own website and I throw everything up onto my flickr account. There is a stronger flickr community anyway and it's easier to find what you're looking for and communicate with the builders.

Yay! I use Brickshelf, and I don't faith in it that much, but as someone says, it's free, so I make the best of it. One day I'll buy a Flickr account, but for now I'm happy with it. I still keep all my pictures on my computer though.

Batbrick Away! :devil: