Personally, I think we'll get a mix of pirates and underwater creatures in the first half of the year, and some giant underwater monster (I'm thinking some sort of amalgamation of shark, octopus and pirate) as the main villain for the second half. Also, an Atlantis shoutout in the show or the set descriptions. I would love to have the Skulkins make a comeback, but I can't really see how they would do that, considering that they have pretty much become peaceful and integrated into Ninjago's culture. So yeah, I'm guessing either plain pirates, half-animal pirates (a nice way to reintroduce that lovely squid leg piece, perhaps in purple or blue) or a mix of the two.

Edited by DraikNova

Also, an Atlantis shoutout in the show or the set descriptions.

Whether or not you believe the evidence allows for Astor City being located on Ninjago or not - I do, personally - Atlantis is firmly tied to Earth in all incarnations, and Ninjago is an entirely separate planet.

So apparently there was a trailer for next season on SDCC?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJvdMbHUAAAHY50.jpg:large

No one has ever said the TV show will end in 2016, just so that the Ninjago movie can have it's hay-day. It's foolish to not continue marketing such a successful series, especially if the movie turns out as good as The Lego Movie was. In fact, I truly believe that was an issue with the Lego Movie. They could have really marketed the heck out of it and make it extremely relevant to Lego as a whole.

If it turns out to be so successful, wouldn't it be even more foolish to have Ninjago movie series with completely different story and universe, while TV show airs simultaneously, under the same theme?

Edited by Cagast

X marks the spot! :wink:

Are you hinting that you know something we don't, or are you just teasing us? :tongue:

If it turns out to be so successful, wouldn't it be even more foolish to have Ninjago movie series with completely different story and universe, while TV show airs simultaneously, under the same theme?

Nope. Not foolish at all. I direct you to the likes of Transformers, Marvel and DC Super Heroes, and My Little Pony. All have stellar movie franchises airing simultaneously as adored (some critically acclaimed) TV series (plural) air on television.

Now whether or not the show goes on hiatus until Summer of 2018 after the movie premiers (which is not what you originally stated), that's something completely different, as the show wouldn't end, but rather, take a break while the Movie takes the spotlight for a year. Transformers is such a toy series that also follows this formula when it came to movie-heavy years (not so much anymore, though).

Edited by Penkid11

Whether or not you believe the evidence allows for Astor City being located on Ninjago or not - I do, personally - Atlantis is firmly tied to Earth in all incarnations, and Ninjago is an entirely separate planet.

No one was talking about canon. They said a "reference or shout-out", which can be as innocuous as a logo on some crumbling ruins or an inside joke like the "Clutch Powers" reference from the second season. Lego themes generally don't occupy any single shared canon, but that doesn't mean they can't reference one another from time to time as a nod to the fans.

Well, I guess we have a pirate-themed wave incoming. This is a really curious choice to me. In the past year we've had Metalbeard's Sea Cow (and wasn't there a smaller version of that ship in another movie set...?), an entire release of Pirate sets and in the last wave of Ninjago the DB and a ghost ship. I am puzzled as to why Lego would choose to do a pirate theme for Ninjago next year given that they have saturated the market with pirate and pirate-like sets over the last year? How many parents are going to shell out large amounts of cash for another big ship if they just bought their kid the DB this summer? If a collector has the Sea Cow, then do they really need another pirate ship? What if a parent bought a bunch of pirate sets for their kid this year and then see the Ninjago pirate sets at Christmas or shortly thereafter? They may say to their child "hey, I just bought you 2 pirate sets, you don't need any more of those sets!" I want to see Ninjago succeed and I hope this does not backfire on them.

Having said all of that, as a parent whose kid is interested in Ninjago primarily and doesn't have any of the aforementioned sets, I'm interested to see where Lego goes with this. I would expect that the pirates will have a certain Asian-type flavor to them and maybe Lego goes in a different direction with the sets design-wise to differentiate them from prior pirate sets. I would imagine we will get some kind of Kraken/sea monster/sea dragon model and they could certainly do some interesting takes on "cannons" given all of the new spring loaded shooter and stud launcher pieces. I wouldn't mind seeing a boat that wasn't a large scale model - a medium sized boat set at that price range ($40-$60 USD). And since we have gotten a lot of Ninja dojo's, temples, mobile bases, etc. I imagine we may see a large scale pirate base or island?

It just occurred to me

that the DB 2.0 set name is "Final Flight," implying that it'll still function in the future, just not as a flying ship. Now, how else does a ship travel if not by air... :wink::classic:

I think that this rumor has some legitimacy! :classic:

Okay, before things get out of hand: The very first post said not to discuss the show in depth. Yet the first page is at least 75% TV talk.

TV discussion counts as any post that starts citing episode and plot detail over and above the LEGO, including ratings and broadcast performance and competition or cooperation between the planned Movie.

Thank you.

"There may be a new ninja next season" How big is the ninja team going to be!? Six is already a big amount to collect with the sets, unless LEGO continues to make more sets with multiple ninja included.

6+1=7 Elemental ninja... Bionicle suits confirmed :laugh:

I really hope we don't get another DB because I just laid down $150 for the newest one which is great, but going to college next year this new pirate wave is going to kill me, as I will only be able to get what I receive for Christmas and my birthday. I want sweet pirate robes too!

A shoutout doesn't mean the storyline of LEGO Atlantis happened on Ninjago. Maybe just someone wearing an Atlantis helmet or a brief cameo by one of the creatures. It could even just be a name. And anyway, there are sixteen realms.

One of them is Chima.

We only know of two islands on the planet Ninjago takes place on. Also, I think the idea of an eel-dragon that I mentioned in the "Future of Ninjago" topic has relevancy.

Edited by DraikNova

"There may be a new ninja next season" How big is the ninja team going to be!? Six is already a big amount to collect with the sets, unless LEGO continues to make more sets with multiple ninja included.

6+1=7 Elemental ninja... Bionicle suits confirmed :laugh:

I think they'll revert Nya back to her Samurai status. Even this year, 3/4 of the sets she was released in were samurai sets.

Oops, sorry. It's in the ninth or tenth one of the Possession season, as a ten-second cameo.

Edited by DraikNova

Oops, sorry. It's in the ninth or tenth one of the Possession season, as a ten-second cameo.

Eh, I suppose I risk it by reading this thread.

I've got a long list of themes and where they go* - it's nice for something to have a definite tie to Chima. Although I was hoping it was its own planet... :sceptic:

*At least in the Clutch Powers canon.

*huh* ...Spoilers...

*sigh*

Well, I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to continue to discuss the TV show side of things in the proper thread for it, :classic:

With the sets though, I'm surprised that it's taken Lego this long to do pirates in Ninjago, seems like an obvious choice for villains. It's probably not going to be just pirates though, after all, the recent Anacondrai wave wasn't just human enemies. So I'm hoping for some brick built sea monsters as a substitute for vehicles.

As for the 'new ninja', I'm kind of expecting him/her to appear in just a single set and then be forgotten about, since that's what happened with Skylor, I think the current team is already big enough.

Edited by JasonEffex

1000% fake.

Glad to hear it.

Has anyone heard anything more about that...DK book, I think it was? The one with the green mech for Lloyd, that used shutter pieces for armor? Has that come out yet?