TheBrickPal

Mixels 2016 Discussion

I'm just hoping this won't be Mixels last wave, which seems a bit likely as so many people seem to have forgotten how popular it was even Cartoon Network.

It's MOSTLY Cartoon Network's fault. They haven't kept up their end of the co-production and have only given us ONE EPISODE so far this year; 22 minutes, but still. It's much less public awareness for the franchise than 2014. At least there's a new one at the end of this month...

I dunno, from what I've seen the sets still seem to be quite successful... and the Halloween costumes that were recently released must say something about the theme's pop-culture relevance. I think it might be a bit early for doom and gloom.

Scared me for a sec, not cool, dude. :tongue:

Actually, weren't some pictures released in

YouTube video?

Looks pretty cool from what I can see.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Actually, weren't some pictures released in

YouTube video?

Looks pretty cool from what I can see.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

:hmpf:

:tongue:

So do you guys think Kuffs will have a giant pair of handcuffs or something?

Sorry for the double post, but images!

Txdwwfe.pngAG37zbK.pngugzJkgf.png

lhMlHtG.pngqLpJFfg.pngXkc6BKf.png

vEFoSqy.pngwWVlut8.pngs2OypqY.png

EDIT: New Mixels we haven't heard of!

UXgbz7O.pngLZxQXox.png1b05LKO.png

9uChYMn.pngr6pUpIe.pngA3T27T3.png

DveGMyA.pnggMOSwia.pngsr2VlNr.png

Love that new tooth piece!

Edited by CM4Sci

Really scary dentist Mixels for kids?! :laugh:

Those tooth pieces look cool, and so do the fireman hats in yellow.

These Mixels really do get better parts as time goes on. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wholeheartedly approve of the continued expansion beyond elements into different occupations and time periods. These are amazingly creative, with lots of cool parts and NPU! I particularly like the drum set, the trumpeter, the fire hydrant, the ladder truck, the treasure chest crab, and the tooth dentist. It'll be hard to save up for bigger sets with great impulse buys like these!

And I'm glad that the musical ones look like they won't be called the Misical Muxels.

Edited by Tea Weevil

Well wasn't expecting official pics this soon. Time for some opinions

Police Tribe: All 3 are unique new designs. Though the one I think is called Busto (Jail shaped one) stands out to me more than the others

Castle Tribe: Wasn't expecting a horse shaped Mixel. Though the one I think is called Mixadel (The one with the catapult) definitely interests me more than the others

Music Tribe: Really tired of more yellow mixels and Trumpsy looks like a Snax Clone. Tapsy is my favorite of the 3. I do think there tribe name is the Misicul Muxels and The Mixies is just there band name

Firefighter tribe: Technically speaking these could be considered our water mixel tribe. The one with the ladder neck looks like a Lunk clone. The Hydrant one looks best to me

Pirate Tribe: All 3 of these are really cool. I really love the Treasure Crab one. Though now I'm expecting a Ninja tribe in the future

Dentist/Doctor Tribe: Well these are the most disappointing of all the Mixels I've seen. None of them stand out to me though since I have to get one of every new tribe member. I'm going for the one with the lamp for a head and the skateboard wheels

I do love the new tooth piece and there finally bringing over one of the other 1x1 eye prints from the classic/supplemental sets

Seeing we have offical pics of series 8. Are there any names floating about for them?

The new tooth piece is cool,

And are those bananas as ears and a trans-clear dome piece on that one guy with the needle?

I could almost see myself buying all 3 of the medical type Mixels, they just look so different and interesting

Maybe the drum-kit Mixel too but otherwise, mostly a pass on these.

I still can't get over the last one

A dental chair transformed into a monster!

You know, for kids! :laugh:

By my beard, these are awesome! I can already think so many uses to the new teeth, it seems to be an universally usable piece for shaping, being 1x1 piece.

The pirate mixels seem all to be worth of getting, both as a parts packs and set designs, they are very creative. The crab/chest one has 8 of those golden claw pieces, great deal.

The hospital ones are pretty scary, especially the tooth one... Nightmare material indeed.

The firefighters are not that interesting, liking the big-mouthed one though.

Musical ones are neat, liking the drum kit especially.

On the castle ones, the cyclops horse stands out. And it was about time to get a catapult on this theme too...

The police ones are alright, the jail guy is pretty strange in a good way.

Dumb as hell. Fun as hell :grin:

Lets see, favorites, favorites...

in order we're looking at them:

Cop motorbike... Castle tower, castle catapult... Drum kit (my overall winner, then whole pirate series)... (glad the "classic" eyes made it to the party on the horn and the hydrant!) Firefighter ladder (can't lie though those wheels offend me when they show up in modern kits :tongue:)...

All the pirates are amazing mash up ideas. Chest/crab with coin teeth, like everyone else is saying, is my favorite - but the limbs on shark/captain can't be beat, and monkey/crewman is also a winner for having a bandanna that incorporates a banner, and an earring! Love 'em all. It's crazy the deviation from a tight unifying color scheme in those although... you're always gonna have white in the eyes and teeth and grey in the joints, red tongues are pretty common, so I guess extending those colors into the rest of the model still really visually works out.

Then let's see, dentistry. we all know the toothbrush the tooth has only looks right from one side :thumbdown::tongue: . I like the bright lights on the chair guy. But the dentist wins by a long shot here.

Oh! and the trans light blue tank assembly on the fire plane is sick. want those.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

These are superb, just a gorgeous riot of mischief. I love the surgical ones and the Fire Mixel spraying from his mouth.

Firefighter tribe: Technically speaking these could be considered our water mixel tribe. The one with the ladder neck looks like a Lunk clone. The Hydrant one looks best to me

I can see what you mean about the ladder one, but it looks like that's its entire head, Lunk only had his at the top

Plus I feel like all these new sets work with how the most recent episode ended. A full city would require services (police, fire, hospital, construction)

Plus it is fairly safe bet that Busto will be the one with a nixel in his tribe

Edited by Riftx

Whoa! Was not expecting Series 8! My favorites are Camillot, Tapsy (so fun), Busto (Waka meets prison), hydrant guy (been waiting for those eye tiles to be used here), treasure crab, and all of the dentistry Mixels (I love the feet on the tooth). It's such a bizarre concept, but they'd be perfect gifts for your kids after they suffer through an appointment.

That new tooth tile is interesting.

I really love the look of all of these. Next year is going to be expensive, what with me getting at least the whole first two waves of Mixels, most if not all of Nexo Knights and Ninjago and a little bit of Bionicle and maybe SW ultrabuilds.

Oh my. I love them. The Jail guy (Busto?) is pretty cool. Seems he can hold a Nixel in there.

But Dentistry? Where did that come from? Those are terrifying, lol.

But hey, that new tooth piece is preeeetty cool!

Also love the treasure chest crab. He's cute.

I swear the Lego company condones drug use in the office.

:wacko:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mixels, Nexo Knights - Lego's going crazy, and I love it!

I might pick up the music, pirates or dentist series. They look great! And less generic than the other tribes that we've seen so far.

I still can't get over the last one

A dental chair transformed into a monster!

You know, for kids! :laugh:

Actually I think it's not a chair, but a tooth!

Some real great creativity on display throughout the next two series!