Sign in to follow this  
oo7

The Vasa

Brickshelf member user Josef is making a very fine replica of the Swedish warship Vasa (<--Wikipedia link).

It has one of the nicest shaped hulls and color schemes I have seen for a ship despite the fact that it is not yet finished.

Check it out:

005.jpg

The entire gallery

Hopefully Josef will be able to join our discussion shortly, thanks to Emperor Bonaparte.

Edited by Bonaparte

This is a most remarkable ship!

And it has an interesting story (check the wikipedia link oo7 has provided).

It sank after sailing only a mile into her maiden voyage...

As oo7 indicated, I will contact the Dutch constructor of this ship in the near future.

Before he arrives, share your thoughts on this remarkable work in progress.

I saw this on brickshelf a day or two ago. I was blown away!!! It is absolutely incredible, and I love the hull, and colour scheme!!! *y* *wub*

Amazing ship, this guy is busy for a long time.

I think he made a new BS username, i've seen the beginning about 1,5 years ago in this folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=179305

I already wondered what had happened to it..

Amazing!

PS: the've salvaged the real ship, and it was very well preserved. They are restoring it now in Sweden, many pictures of the actual ship can be found.

Did the Swedish really think the Dutch would give away a good ship, aye:)

That's very amazing. Especially the forecastly, it's brilliant! Just look at all those details, it's great!

It's a shame it's not minifig scale, but beautiful nonetheless.

Amazing ship, this guy is busy for a long time.

I think he made a new BS username, i've seen the beginning about 1,5 years ago in this folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=179305

I already wondered what had happened to it..

It's not the same though, look at this picture ;-)

009.jpg_thumb.jpg

Did the Swedish really think the Dutch would give away a good ship, aye:)

:-D

Edited by Bonaparte

I just send an email inviting the mastermind behind this ship.

Let's see if he joins us...

Let's hope the creator joins. Someone with creations this good would make an excelent addition to EB. I don't believe I've ever seen anything this good. :)

Impressive. This is one of the best brick built (or plate built) hulls I've seen. That color scheme is very nice and the shape of the ship is beautiful. My compliments from me to the creator.

That is really impressive, I look forward to seeing it finished. I hope it has better luck than the real one. 8-|

It looks as nice as the real one! And I saw it *wub* *wub* yes that was a wonderful day, to all who have the money I advise going to Stockholm and viewing it if you haven't done so already

But to get back to the ship, I find it even more impressive the model isn't a waterline one, he built the entire hull, very nice indeed *y* *y* *y*

I think it's the same, look at the frontpiece and the rudder....

Did you see the pictures of my stern on BS mr. Tiber? I'd like to know if this is helpful?

Greetings mate's!

Hi There,

It's me, Jos the person who build the Vasa.

Thanks for the nice reactions! I'am new here so I have to find out how everything works, ahum...

Greets,

Jos

Or do I have to write something cooool when I go...something like: don't get shot! :S

Impressive. This is one of the best brick built (or plate built) hulls I've seen. That color scheme is very nice and the shape of the ship is beautiful. My compliments from me to the creator.

Thanks,

And indeed...plate built! :-$ ,

I just send an email inviting the mastermind behind this ship.

Let's see if he joins us...

I Think I now al little bit how it works now...

Hey, welcome to Eurobricks :capn: , or more specifically, Eurobricks Pirate forum! I hadn't noticed this, but the deck is all tiled, cool.

Are you going to put minifigures on the ship?

Hi There,

Thanks for the nice reactions! I'am new here so I have to find out how everything works, ahum...

Greets,

Jos

The mastermind behind the Vase has joined us! (and he also is appropiatly named :-D ) Welcome to EB Jos! It's always nice when the creators of great MOCs like this join us.

Or do I have to write something cooool when I go...something like: don't get shot! :S

Just be yourself ;-)

Plate built, interesting! It really makes the ship streamlined.

Must have taken you a lot of plates! 8-o

So why exactly did you chose to build this ship not at minifig scale (please correct me if I'm wrong)?

Edited by Mr Tiber

Hi There,

Greets,

Jos

Hi Jos, we are happy to have you here.

If you are a ship builder, there's no better place on the internet.

I didn't realize this... wooow. How long have you been working on this ship already?

Here is a close up picture of a part of the hull to demonstrate it is made out of plates:

plates.gif

Hey, welcome to Eurobricks :capn: , or more specifically, Eurobricks Pirate forum! I hadn't noticed this, but the deck is all tiled, cool.

Are you going to put minifigures on the ship?

Hi there,

No I'am not goging to put minifigures on th

The mastermind behind the Vase has joined us! (and he also is appropiatly named :-D ) Welcome to EB Jos! It's always nice when the creators of great MOCs like this join us.

Just be yourself ;-)

So why exactly did you chose to build this ship not at minifig scale (please correct me if I'm wrong)?

Actually I was only interested in building a right Lego-model of the Vasa. Building it at minifigur was not my priority.

And then...wat is minifigur? What is the scale? In 1628 people would not often get more longer than 1,70 meters...

Just be yourself ;-)

Trouwens...ik zie net dat je een Nederlandse nationaliteit hebt...als je graag meer wil weten wil ik je graag te woord staan. Ben je bekend met msn? Voeg me maar toe voor een babbel.

Groet,

Jos

Phredit:

Deleted email address.

Edited by phred