Sign in to follow this  
AardWolf

The Docks of Isil Oro

Hey all, here is my most recent build for the Lands of Roawia Role-Playing Game over on Merlin's Beard. Depicted is the fishing pier in the port city of Isil Oro. There are plenty of details to find and a piece of each building pays tribute to a different builder who inspired it.

Comments and criticism are always welcome!

19240939251_3451c88c2f_c.jpg

A Discreet Return by aardwolf_83, on Flickr

Incredible build! The dock, the water, all the small buildings, and the lighthouse stand out to me. The use of the window lattices as exterior details on the middle building is great too.

Outstanding build, so many great details! :thumbup: Too bad it's not for Guilds of Historica. What came first: LoR or GoH?

Edited by Exetrius

This captures that late-Middle-Ages bustling port feel perfectly. The big stone structures look nice and the rocks, water and pier are excellent. I like the small buildings sandwiched together and all the different minifigs and details are fine. Good work!

Incredible. The water and rock work is top notch. The small buildings are very charming and I love the various minifig scenes.

Fantastic build! The whole scene is gorgeous, but I think my favorite part is the shack on the docks.

Outstanding build, so many great details! :thumbup: Too bad it's not for Guilds of Historica. What came first: LoR or GoH?

GoH. LoR came after it, although it was called LCC back then.

Gorgeous water, great rocks, solid structures the only thing I'd have liked to see differently are the docks, I'd love to have seen an open pier were water flows underneath (I hope I explained that correctly, not a native English speaker/writer after all) and more pictures would have been nice too :wink:

Brilliant technique used for the water and the roof of the lighthouse tower.

Edited by BrickCurve

That water... :wub:

Thanks Graham! :classic:

Incredible build! The dock, the water, all the small buildings, and the lighthouse stand out to me. The use of the window lattices as exterior details on the middle building is great too.

Thank you! I've been wanting to try out that lattice technique for a while so I'm glad you like how it turned out!

Haha yeah I was wondering when someone would throw that out there. Good thing LordDan knew that answer because I had no idea!

nice!

Thank you!

Excellent! Love the water and the rocks, nice looking walls as well :)

Thank you very much- glad you like it!

This captures that late-Middle-Ages bustling port feel perfectly. The big stone structures look nice and the rocks, water and pier are excellent. I like the small buildings sandwiched together and all the different minifigs and details are fine. Good work!

Thank you! That's definitely the feeling I was going for and I'm glad it came across nicely :classic:

This is pure eye candy. Great MOC!

Thank you so much!

Incredible. The water and rock work is top notch. The small buildings are very charming and I love the various minifig scenes.

I really appreciate that- thank you!

Beautiful water and port!

Thank you very much!

Really love the water, the port and the buildings. The overall scene looks great!

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Fantastic build! The whole scene is gorgeous, but I think my favorite part is the shack on the docks.

GoH. LoR came after it, although it was called LCC back then.

I really like the shack too and it was by far my favorite of them to build. Thanks for answering that- I had no idea!

Gorgeous water, great rocks, solid structures the only thing I'd have liked to see differently are the docks, I'd love to have seen an open pier were water flows underneath (I hope I explained that correctly, not a native English speaker/writer after all) and more pictures would have been nice too :wink:

Hey, I wouldn't have known you weren't a native speaker if you hadn't told me :wink: . I debated doing an open pier but decided to go with a solid dock in the style of the inspiration pictures I used. It would have looked nice as an open one too though :classic: Thank you very much for your feedback!

Lovely structure!

Thank you!

Beautiful houses! Found some ideas for my project here)

Thanks! Very glad to hear that. What kind of project are you working on?

Brilliant technique used for the water and the roof of the lighthouse tower.

Thank you very much- though I can't take credit for the tower roof. I originally saw it in This MOC by Gilles Gaer, and it looks really magnificent on his large scale.

Breathtaking! That water is perfect, it looks like it has a gentle breeze making waves. The black cone pieces for the roof of the tower is spectacular! The shields on the top of the wall are a great addition, as well as all of the house details! Keep it up!

Really great build! You really nailed the water with the waves :classic: And the architecture is really well done! Very nice to look at!

Nice build! I enjoyed looking at the details. The facial expressions in their scene work good as well! Something to be proud of!

Everything is that MOC is awesome!!!! So much clever ideas!

Rocks looks fine, houses, wall, tower with its roof, port docks too!

But your water! You made waves!!! When I look at the picture, I almost see them moving!