MrOutlaw

Ship "Admiral's Eagle"

On 12/13/2016 at 11:13 AM, psantosg said:

Hello, 

Please, could you upload the model on lxf again?

thanks!

On 12/13/2016 at 3:35 PM, Marock said:

I want it to.

Thanks

Though we do appreciate your interest and enthusiasm we do ask that you refrain from bumping old topics. This post was last commented on ­­over a year ago. For your edification please revisit the Site Guidelines as well as this topic on Bumping Old Topics. Thank you for understanding.

3 hours ago, kurigan said:

Though we do appreciate your interest and enthusiasm we do ask that you refrain from bumping old topics. This post was last commented on ­­over a year ago. For your edification please revisit the Site Guidelines as well as this topic on Bumping Old Topics. Thank you for understanding.

Kurigan!  You have ship rigging to fix, and sleeping to do!  Leave the post bumping smackdowns to people like Phred!

1 hour ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

Kurigan!  You have ship rigging to fix, and sleeping to do!  Leave the post bumping smackdowns to people like Phred!

Hey, I'm just trying to do my job.:sceptic: Besides. The fleet is a hundred miles away, under lock and key and behind glass. There's nothing more I can do. 

I know this is an old topic (as much as I'd like to take the time to say how great it looks), so I'll just post the relevant:

If anyone has the LDD file for this and can reupload or share it, please do! I'd LOVE to build this!

(surely "bumping" is only a keelhauling offense if it is pointless? would it have been better to have started a new topic linking to this one asking the same question, though?)

8 hours ago, Banjo said:

I know this is an old topic (as much as I'd like to take the time to say how great it looks), so I'll just post the relevant:

If anyone has the LDD file for this and can reupload or share it, please do! I'd LOVE to build this!

(surely "bumping" is only a keelhauling offense if it is pointless? would it have been better to have started a new topic linking to this one asking the same question, though?)

Well there are worse reasons and methods to bump a topic. However, taking a peak at MrOutlaw's profile, it doesn't appear he's been a particularly active member. Depending on his settings, he may not even be notified that anyone has replied to his thread. Though the originator is the likeliest source for the file, it would be best to start with a direct message, as he'll get a notification in his email that someone is trying to contact him. As for anyone else sharing the file, although MrOutlaw did publish it himself before, it may not be the best idea to go and redistribute it without hearing from the creator first. Really it's just a courtesy, but you never know until you talk to him, why it got taken down and there may be more going on behind the scenes than you know. 

So... where I'm not scolding anyone, I am asking that we all be respectful and follow due process. If ever you need help with a situation like this or are just unsure how to proceed, feel free to reach out to any of the staff, myself especially. Thanks for your enthusiasm and participation. 

Many thanks for sharing your great MOC MrOutlaw! I'd have hated it to have been lost to the mists of time.

Most MOC impress me but this is one of the few that I feel is both awesome *and* still looks like it could be a real Lego set in the appropriate theme. As amazing as some of the highly complex, giant diorama-style MOCs are, they always feel like adult display pieces to me as opposed to attempts to create what could be a "missing" model in a Lego series/wave. The Admiral's Eagle really fits the "no Imperial ships" hole in the recent Pirate wave, and even fits the scale of those newest releases too, IMO.

One day I'd like to track down an Imperial Flagship to build, but for now I will be attempting to gather the parts to make the Admiral's Eagle for my pirates to fight!

Thanks again, MrOutlaw!

On 17.07.2017 at 8:42 AM, Banjo said:

Many thanks for sharing your great MOC MrOutlaw! I'd have hated it to have been lost to the mists of time.

Most MOC impress me but this is one of the few that I feel is both awesome *and* still looks like it could be a real Lego set in the appropriate theme. As amazing as some of the highly complex, giant diorama-style MOCs are, they always feel like adult display pieces to me as opposed to attempts to create what could be a "missing" model in a Lego series/wave. The Admiral's Eagle really fits the "no Imperial ships" hole in the recent Pirate wave, and even fits the scale of those newest releases too, IMO.

One day I'd like to track down an Imperial Flagship to build, but for now I will be attempting to gather the parts to make the Admiral's Eagle for my pirates to fight!

Thanks again, MrOutlaw!

I'm happy to hear that you like the set. When I build something of Lego (which doesn't happen very often now), it always has 'reasonable' number of parts (however I think some of really big MOCs are great) - especially when it was meant for Lego Ideas. As for gathering all parts - it won't be easy, trust me :wink: but I think it's worth to do - Admiral's Eagle definitely looks better 'live'.

On 3/30/2018 at 6:51 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Nice looking ship you've got here! Great job on the figure head, good use of un-common pieces!

Please refrain from bumping old topics.  See this topic for details, which is linked in the Site Guidelines.

3 hours ago, Phred said:

Please refrain from bumping old topics.  See this topic for details, which is linked in the Site Guidelines.

I apologize for that. I was just browing the forum and saw a cool build. Didn't realize it was that old. I'll pay more attention in the future and it won't happen again.