Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Figbarfs for the win!

Cute! Unfortunately the minidolls expressions aren't versitle enough to cater to the fantasy personalities. The other flaw of minifigure haipieces is that the droppings only suit on miniigures' shoulders but not minidolls, so this leaves weird space between hair and shoulders.

I like the adventurer the most. Olivia's father's face could look good on an Indiana Jones parody or a male Westerner.

Edited by Dorayaki

We really really need a CMD series, with, as mentioned above, some varied facial expressions! My daughter would love these, and I wouldn't mind either. :sweet:

tuskel,

sincerely

P.S. Is the Dashing Swashbuckler wearing a girls top? :snicker:

Nice collection. I've made a "viking friend" myself about 2 years ago. Prepare for death by cuteness:

9027276806_0223636c70_z.jpg

Edited by Trance89

Here we are - we decided to make our own with our meagre supplies of minidolls and CMF accessories. Infuriatingly, Photobucket won't let me add any titles to the photos, so I'll have to photobomb you a bit more than I planned. Also, apologies for some lower quality photos, I used macro, but was still too close(!)

But:

The Gardener

friendsmoc003.jpg

Le Chef

friendsmoc005.jpg

Marion Hood

friendsmoc006.jpg

60s hairdresser

friendsmoc007.jpg

Bandit

friendsmoc012_1.jpg

Air Witch

friendsmoc016.jpg

Crystal Witch

friendsmoc019.jpg

Nature Witch

friendsmoc020.jpg

Winter Fairy

friendsmoc025.jpg

Mexican Bandit

friendsmoc027.jpg

Birley Shassey

friendsmoc029.jpg

The Farmer

friendsmoc033.jpg

And few my daughter made herself - she really got into it! :)

Ice Sculpture Twins

friendsmoc004.jpg

Montana Jones (sister of Indiana Jones)

friendsmoc008.jpg

Red Robber Hood

friendsmoc011.jpg

Plumber

friendsmoc014.jpg

Spy Girl

friendsmoc015_1.jpg

Pirate crewmember (for the captain!)

friendsmoc017.jpg

Egyptian Fighter (with sword and perfume :wink: )

friendsmoc018.jpg

Summer Fairy

friendsmoc021.jpg

tuskel,

sincerely

There are some good looking figs/dolls in this thread.

Birley Shassey?

Oh, I see what you did there. :wink:

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Lego should do a collectable series with the friends figs. It would sell like hot cupcakes!

Hey there, someone suggested I ask you for help on an issue:

My daughter put the minifig princess hat/hair from the CMF on a Jasmine minidoll head, and we can't get the two apart. I've tried trying to carefully use pliers and small screwdrivers with no luck.

Any other suggestions?

My daughter put the minifig princess hat/hair from the CMF on a Jasmine minidoll head, and we can't get the two apart. I've tried trying to carefully use pliers and small screwdrivers with no luck.

That's odd. :wacko: Be sure to put the head into a minidoll body - the neck will keep the head in place - and then tilt the hat from the braid.

Yeah I have no idea. Maybe it's a malfacture on either of the parts since mine came off easy.

Very good job :) I like Cersei and Tywin, but Daenerys looks too old.

Edited by Balthazar

These are pretty spot on except a few things. Jaime's hair should be shorter and close to gold-ish like Cersei's. Tywin's hair should be tan to match the very light blond hair he has in the show, and he looks too angry (Tywin should look almost emotionless).

These are great! The backgrounds really take these to another level, I can tell you have put a lot of work/thought into these.

The Reeds, HODOR and Bran, couple direwolves at the heart tree

Pycell, Cersei, Joffrey and the Mountain w version 1 iron throne.

I have a bunch of others to upload, just havent got around to it yet...

The Lannisters (Cersei, Tywin, Jaime) at the trial by combat of Tyrion. Oberyn taunts The Mountain. (The guy obscured by the sword is Mace Tyrell, but he is not that great anyway). I am pretty happy with Cersei and Oberyn.

Tyrion in chains, and Ellaria Sand on the far left.

And The Mountain.

Edited by Ecclesiastes
removed dead links

I agree they should be put in their own topics, but the way this is worded it doesn't come off as a moc. It simply says game of thrones characters.

To be honest, I really only like Cersai. The others dont line up as well. But that's just my opinion. Dany should be younger looking, but skin tone young faces are hard to come by. I agree about the men's hair being to be switched. I'd suggest either the long tousled hair or the short tousled for Jaime, depending on when you want to depict him. Tywin definitely needs light tan hair instead of white.

Anyway, fun to look at. I'll have to post my versions sometime (in my own post)

Hello, fellow AFOLs

I recently found several Chima sets at a very discounted price and I decided to build three Skyrim inspired Khajiit Minifigures using the Minifigures from Lion tribe battle packs as starting point.

I know the likeness to the "original concept" is not perfect but this is the closest I was able to get using the parts I have. I always use only official Lego parts so this is the best I was able to do at the moment. I plan to improve the "resemblance" as soon as possible :classic:

Let me know what you think.

18613230190_4e052e607d.jpgSkyrim inspired: Khajiit Mage Minifigure by BrickSev, on Flickr

18795924832_624eb77862.jpgSkyrim inspired: Khajiit Assassin Minifigure by BrickSev, on Flickr

18774662806_51281f1aa2.jpgSkyrim inspired: Khajiit Minifigure by BrickSev, on Flickr

You can find two more photos with the edited background and/or effects (one of the Mage and one of the Assassin) on my Flickr Skyrim album

I'll post there the other Minifigures I'm currently working on :classic:

If you are interested in looking at the Minifigures from all the angles, including the headpieces' double printing, pics of the Minifigure without headgear etc I posted several of those photos on my blog.

I didn't want to "clog" my Flickr with all those photos ( I noticed it tends to make the Photostream and albums a bit chaotic) since I want to post there only photo with a certain "creative value" :classic:

Feedback and comments are always very appreciated :classic:

Like I said I'm aware the resemblance is not perfect but I really wanted to do some Skyrim inspired Minifigures and so I decided to share theme here :classic:

Thank you for reading, as we would hear in Skyrim "I used to make custom Minifigures like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee" lol :classic:

I didn't resist I had to say that :classic:

EDIT:

Typo corrected.

Edited by BrickSev