Sign in to follow this  
EpsilonEta

[Challenge 1] Waves on Traig IV (E10)

Here is my entry for “Into the Wilds...” challenge. It's set on Traig IV with the description "Small mountainous islands separated by large areas of oceans."

I don't have a story (won't lose out on any point, right?) It's just waves agenst a mountain.

The idea was to make it a micro build but than I added the plants so now its probably around minifig size.

18963454015_93486c2987_b.jpg

Waves on Traig IV 1 by EpsilonEta, on Flickr

18340899254_54bf2a48f5_c.jpg

18775798378_89f083798a_c.jpg

The build is full of SNOT and tiny (half plate and quarter plate) offsets but would work in LDD. (except the elf hair, it's slightly forced but it's rubber)

Here is a picture without the lose water...

18777249619_99f41b712c_c.jpg

...and the back.

18963452775_fbebe2e1b6_c.jpg

Edited by EpsilonEta

NPU on the Elves hair. The choice of lavender and white on the rocks really make the flora pop.

The rock work is just plain beautiful.

What gets my attention is the way you've done the waves both out at sea and crashing onto the rocks. Phenomenal!

All around, this is a beautiful, beautiful MOC.

Really great rock work, but I particularly like the way the wave crashes against it! (and I see how you did it and combined that with the SNOT rock work! Great job!)

Also, Love the foliage! The elf hair is an inspired choice for a plant! :thumbup:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Really nice rock work, and I agree lavender looks really nice on those color rocks. Fine choice! :thumbup: Also I likely would never have thought to use Elven hair that way. :wink:

Thank you everyone.

It took some time (and a little math) to make all the SNOT to work. Glad The resault was wort it.

I might show some picture on the inside structure if there is any interest.

Also, the new piece 20482 (which I don't have) would be great to make bushes of elf hairs.

Edited by EpsilonEta

Really good rock-work here! The mix of SNOT and studs-up meshes perfectly and as others have already noted, the lavender looks really nice with this limited color pallet.

I do think the waves could have been enhanced with some trans-clear or some white pieces at the extremes.

Great splashes! Wish there was ONE more purple plant... but being such a rare color I assume you did what you could. Great looking, and soothing "cool" color palate.

Great splashes! Wish there was ONE more purple plant... but being such a rare color I assume you did what you could. Great looking, and soothing "cool" color palate.

Yes, I have one 30259 and one 41071 so not that much to work with. (it's still better than an empty cliff)

Edited by EpsilonEta

Ok, wow, that water's really clever! The use of panels to give the loose rounds some structure, the SNOT as the water crashes up the rock and the sprays coming back... genius! :wub: