Sign in to follow this  
gcanik

MOD: Hulk Buster Armour or The Hulk Buster Smash MOD

My son received the official Lego set from the Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Hulk Buster Smash - 76031 back in April. After seeing the movie several times, we both came away disappointed in what Lego produced. Honestly it just looked to thin and spindly and weak. I understand Lego was trying to stick to a certain price point with this set but still it was a let down in some design/color aspects. So my son and I this spring/beginning of summer set about to redesign/tweak the official set. Our first goal was to up armour the Hulk Buster exo-skeleton and change the colors to more dark red and gold. We redesigned the legs, chest/abdomen, and back. My son came up with the more functional opening chest/abdomen/ribs that also help to hide all the exposed holes. As far as the Hulk containment apparatus, our goal was to make it more symmetrical, change the color, and make it a bit more playable w/out making it into something more movie accurate. Both pieces now definitely feel a little more playable/displayable and the Hulk Buster Armour actually looks like it can take some hits.

18825709051_e4e186e505_c.jpg

18200484254_070bd5d408_c.jpg

18635336348_915066461d_z.jpg

Additional Images can be found here:

https://www.flickr.c...157654593102405

And here is a link to the original set:

http://images.bricks...pg?201502271018

Edited by gcanik
Images way too big. Turned into links. Please resize before deeplinking.

I love it. I was waiting for someone to finally modify the area where Hulk is captured. Good work sir, movie accurate and all. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup: